ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault UK are useless W*****S.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 08 April 2004

I hate them, really, really, really pissed off.

I worked out Ive drove over 120 miles in total just to take the car in for warranty work!
No wonder Reno have been voted the 32nd Worst Dealer in the UK, and thats out of a total of 34.

Theyre a disgrace.

Just point out to any Renault dealer just how low down the order of good dealers they are. 32/34 is SHOCKING and I think that Reg Vardy have caused them to be WORSE THAN BEFORE. My local garage absolutely hate Clios as they are bu**ers to work on, built very flimsily and are worse than most for having problems.

Mine has only done just over 6,000 miles and has now had several problems which are really covered by warranty but because Reg Vardy are now the Renault Dealer, I prefer to pay for this work and get it done by a proper garage, with Renault parts, rather than let Vardys do it for free!!

I am not getting any more Renaults if mine has any other problems. :(

who the hell would buy a new reno?

but theres so many cup owners goin to 182s so they cant be that unhappy can they?

somebody asked me about a new reno (not that i have one) needles to say theyve bought a type r instead lol

ive had one tiny fault with my car. ive had a call from renault UK about my one tiny fault that lasted over 1hour. I know someone who works in nissan next to Renault and he told me all the peoples names of who i was disatisfied with and so mentioned these within the phone conversation, they asked me if they could use my call and my name for customer service improvements. Since then, ive been to the renault dealership, most of the rude ones dont work there anymore... i got the feeling over the phone that my call was definalty going to be chased up.

in all fairness though, the engineers have been really good but thats because i dont go to a reception area i make a point of knowing my enemy and walking into the workshop (just as you would with 3rd party garages). it makes it harder for them to be flipant. All the problems are related to the non technical staff memebers who quite frankly dont have any rights to their jobs (including sales managers), because of internet/trade buying power... they know this and sit in their tiny offices cacooned away from reality.

still... once ive sold my (hopefully) faultless Clio, i wont be buying another because you only get lucky once from Reno, im glad i got a good one and the technology is there but the build can be shocking...

((BTW my mums 1.0 Polo is 5 years old and its amazing how everthing is so well bolted together even on bad surfaces there are no rattles at all. This isnt because its a one off, its becasue its Designed properly to be solid.))

"its more just a point of reno being totally useless, arrogant and so far up their own ass its unreal"

there french and there mentality spreads where ever they touch.

Buy german youl get durability (not too much personality)

Buy jap and you get precision (not too much originality)

Buy French and youl get design flair (no Substance) !!!

IMO of course

.....also like to add that Renault do seem to be trying higher up the ranks but its not filtering down to Dealership level.

Must admit, everytime my car went in for servicing / repair / warranty work, nothing ever seemed to run smoothly.

They always forgot something or f**ked something up and the standard line of fault not found was their get out for not doing everything.

Historically the Motor industry is renowned for its old fashioned ways, and a lot of them are changing that round now, but theyve still got a hell of a long way to go.

Whatever car you go for youre likely to encounter similar problems!!!

320d M Sport

well i got this car over a CTR. Honda have been voted 9th BEST dealer in the country. Theyve got a real good reputation. I would say that all dealers are definitely not the same.

i work in bike insurance and Ducati, Suzuki, Kawasaki etc are spot on, really friendly and its like a breath of fresh air speaking to these guys...

After my order was placed for my 182 (when they were nice as pie), my dealer could not give a toss about me, and that was before the car had even been delivered!

After having a few problems since, I was going to complain to the Manager, but after reading all the posts here so far I think I might have to skip him and go right to the top.

I was also very close to buying a CTR, but changed my mind to the Clio because of the better equipment levels, and because I felt comfortable with the dealer when I went for a test drive.

Unfortunately, The lack of service I have received leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, and I cant see me buying a Renault again (at least, not from a main dealer).

I think I will send the dealer manager one letter and see what happens. If I dont get a satifactory response (if I get one), I will take it further.

in all fairness ive just recieved my 2nd courtesy call 2day to see if the service was upto scratch and in both cases i said i was satisfied...

so i cant complain yet as ive had :

4 Free Tyres

2 courtesy calls (one from Reno UK one from dealership)

Cheap labour bills (got on well with the engineers)

faultless 172 for nearly 8months (apart from a small rattle)