ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RENAULT UNVEILS NEW CLIO

Renault Clio 1.2
seats look wicked though lets be honest. especially considering its not the sport model. reckon that will be a 1.6 tbh.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
seats look wicked though lets be honest. especially considering its not the sport model. reckon that will be a 1.6 tbh.

how would a 1.6 fit in between the 2.0 dynamique s and the 197 :S

thats the whole point of the GT.

not sure i like the rear but im not so sure on the megane front

dare i say the current shape is better

Last edited:

Tav

Clio 197
how would a 1.6 fit in between the 2.0 dynamique s and the 197 :S

thats the whole point of the GT.

Smaller engine + turbo charger = sporty torquey engine...potential for good emissions/fuel economy.

Will be interesting to see when Renault are going to jump on the DFI band wagon, could release a few more ponies/torques from the 197 engine.

Never above 25mpg
It'll grow on me I reckon...

Not the nicest looking of things.

RS version will be mint though!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I can't see the point of forking out 500 nicker extra for a satnav, when you can spend £300 on a decent tomtom, which you can position where you like and use in other cars as well, plus it's easier to replace when it becomes obsolete. Maybe if the screen could be used for other things like DVD and reversing camera it would be ok.

Because you can't forget the charger (and thus run out of battery) on a hard-wired one, GPS pickup is faster, you can't forget the whole thing, some scrotum doesn't break your window to get it out your glovebox or passenger seat...

You really didn't think that through, did you.

Clio MK 4
so would that be a 1.6 turbo? And will they make an rs version. 2.0 turbo maybe ? :rasp:

Not sure i like the styling

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ooops i got owned with this lol, never saw it all the way up here in sticky lol

Anyhow, my 10p

Look at the bumper to wing 'join' around the headlight, looks unfinished?

R_4301.jpg

R_4299.jpg

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look that much different than a Mk3?

LOL @ the bonnet line. Jesus - any further back and it would qualify as a sun roof. Must be a fecker to work on, surely?

D.

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Nice looking, just wonder if they've added another 150 kilo's as they did with the last one....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Doesn't look that much different than a Mk3?

LOL @ the bonnet line. Jesus - any further back and it would qualify as a sun roof. Must be a fecker to work on, surely?

D.

ummmm!

LOL. Well on mine to change a bulb, its a bumper off job, good job it only takes ten mins :eek: Oil filter is easier, and according to Kev steve, belts look a lot better to do than the mk2...

Pesky pedestrians i say :nono:

E30 318iS x2
Looks too much like a twingo at the front.
I kind of like it from the front wheel arches back.
Like the sat nav.
Seats looks nice.
Wont be rushing to swap mine for one.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ummmm!

LOL. Well on mine to change a bulb, its a bumper off job, good job it only takes ten mins :eek: Oil filter is easier, and according to Kev steve, belts look a lot better to do than the mk2...

Pesky pedestrians i say :nono:

About time Reno sorted out the filter! Stupid location on the Mk2, I think. Do the Kevs think you could save a fair bit of labour charge with the belts on the Mk3, then? ;)

D.

White clique
i'm not sure what to think of it, i can decide if i like it or not, i like the subtle enhancements but the kit looks tacky. That in pure 197 form would look lovely, minor facelift.

Not sure if I like that or not, I reckon the RS model will look pretty good, engine from a Meggy R26 would be good :cool:

Scirocco GT 2.0
Might have to chop mine in for one of these, depending on engines :approve:

or maybe the Megane Coupe.

Renault seem to be pushing the boat out at the moment!

Clio 182.
Fingers crossed that RenaultSport will make it look better, like they did with the 197, and stick a nice 2.0L turbo in it.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Wont change the engine imo. They never have between phases...

Clio 182.
Wont change the engine imo. They never have between phases...

Thats a shame really. Cos the NA route is dying, hence the number of corsa VXRs on the road. The clio 197 is undoubtedly the better car, but the engine lets it down.