ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RENAULT UNVEILS NEW CLIO

Just in time for the outgoing 197 to drop to an attractive used price.

Bring on the trumpets!

It looks good in that video. The 197 should look fantastic.

Nothing will ever ever ever be as thuper awesome as a 172/182 though (delete the one you don't own) ;)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Lazy f**king designers copying what Ford have been doing for years..

Start out with your supermini, then just stretch it out a bit and voila, a new car :/

Ian

Focus TDCi
Can't wait for RS to get their hands on it, that is one ugly, uninspiring car. It's only saving grace is the non-central exhaust, that would really have got to me! Pisch.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Wont change the engine imo. They never have between phases...

Actually, Ive just been thinking about this. With the Megane 1 facelift they brought in the new 16v 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines phasing out the older 8v lumps. And with the Clio Mk2 they just added the 1.2 16v to the range along with the 1.4 16v. And with the Laguna 1 they added the 1.6 16v and replaced the 1.8 with a newer 1.8 16v. Well, in Ireland anyways, I cant speak to the UK market, though it is similar.

Anyways, its already grown on me. Depending on what lump they put into the GT and the sticker price in Ireland, I might just be up for one of these next year ;)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Actually, Ive just been thinking about this. With the Megane 1 facelift they brought in the new 16v 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines phasing out the older 8v lumps. And with the Clio Mk2 they just added the 1.2 16v to the range along with the 1.4 16v. And with the Laguna 1 they added the 1.6 16v and replaced the 1.8 with a newer 1.8 16v. Well, in Ireland anyways, I cant speak to the UK market, though it is similar.

Anyways, its already grown on me. Depending on what lump they put into the GT and the sticker price in Ireland, I might just be up for one of these next year ;)

I think he was talking about RenaultSport models only. There has never been an engine change when a face lifted model has been released.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Love Mk1's love mk2 ph1 + 2, still dont like the the mk3 styling although slowly coming round to like the 197. Looking at the GT model I think the 197 styling will be pretty cool.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
I think he was talking about RenaultSport models only. There has never been an engine change when a face lifted model has been released.

Ah ok, fair enough. Not a good time to mention the 182 then :rasp:

Im only kidding, I know its the same engine with a few extra horsies :D

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 Grande
i like it tbh since i've accepted all small cars are getting bigger lol but there is still something about this what i like

200 cup & 106 GTi
I like mk3s but this new GT just looks utterly s**t.
It's just a crappy end of range special edition pile of turd like the campus sport was...

clio 172 sport ph2
i don't like it to be honest!
alot of, if not all car manufacturers do this, spending too much time on what technology and extras they can fit in it, jeoparding its looks and style.
i think they got it bang on with the mk2, the ph1 172 was an amazing car, then they improved on it with the ph2, then from the ph2 172 improving right through to the 182 trophy.
i think the mk3 ph1 started off pretty well but just looks to have taken a nose dive! i was hoping they'd have gone the other way and sharpened it off making it look more aggressive (as done with mk2 ph1 and 2)
early days yet though, maybe the ph3 or mk4, or even a v6 version will turn it around, i hope so coz renaultsport have been really making an impact lately with the megane and twingo versions

172 ph2
New RS:

s1033605.jpg

s1033612.jpg

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
i think it looks pretty mint from them pics but would need more detailed ones to make judgement

Clio 182
Needs to look a little more mean IMO! The twin Exhaust and diffuser on the current 197 is what makes the 197 stand out!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It just looks like a face lifted 197 really. I hope they keep it a 2 litre engine and lose some weight off it. Like say 200 kg but can't see it.
Should start a poll and send it to renna cos we are the people who will be buying the thing.

White Sti Hatch
I still say theve went backwards....The now Ph1 Mk3 is the Ph2 Mk2 and the Ph2 Mk3 is the Ph1 Mk2 !

backwards i tell you !!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
doooooooooo

Can you not still see its a Clio MK3? (look at the side profiles etc) its only a nip and tuck, different lights and bumpers