ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series

Shhh
Clio Bex said:
themanwho said:
Heard it a couple of times - rather stupidly about 6ft away with no hearing protection. Awesome though!! :cool:

You can download it here from Goodwood '06:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/latestnews/story.asp?ArticleID=1435[/quote]

nice one! i was stood quite close too, was awaiting a huge bang towards the end!:clap:

I have the recorded one from the Sat night gala thing, its on me phone (video & audio) of the car doing it. Was nice, though not too nice that i was right next to the thing during it with no warnings about them doing that.

Kinda figured they led themselves open to a hearing damage claim by not providing the correct warning about the event, or providing ear protection.

lol, sounds like the parade lap(s) had their fair share of 'near misses'... Northy had one (not him driving for a change), 2 live almost rear ended me (oooer) and in turn Andy almost did the same to him and Hooligan got a bit carried away and over shot his braking point and went flying past about 10 cars pmsl... then there was the V6 Clio... oops!

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Dave Cli02 said:
Does anyone know if there were any photo companies taking trackside pics this weekend?

Every car on the parade on Saturday was professionally photographed and I should have those shortly. Also some general pics of the collectors area. Hope you all had a good time. Sorry about the queues on exit but I couldn't do anything about that. Hope you all realised the idea was to drive straight off to clear the circuit quickly and then loop round left by the paddock transfer tunnel back to the parking area to re-group and say your good-byes if you wanted to!

Thanks for such a great turn-out!!

Clio 182
^^^ Day - You were too busy giving rude gestures to Steve!

They should have split the cars up, far too many on at a time and it got a bit congested!

239863298_e29f64d3f8.gif

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
who was the muppet in the 55 plate trophy on saturday? kept stopping and doing wheelspins. hard man!

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
there was a silver 182 doing that aswell in front of us....on the first lap.

will try and get my footage up asap.

also these two idiots in Williamseses kept stopping and blocking the track off ;)

imo thats a fantastic idea, stop, let the traffic move forward then you can have some fun on one corner, maybe two if you are lucky... only problem was having to brake from about 120 pmsl... well, brakes are damn good on these 17poo's!

Stephendell, were you the chap I was speaking to when you were looking for Andy 'The miserable git' Northrop? lol

A Fcukin Car
chrisg3110 said:
weren't my fault...stupid stewards...you can leave the car parks but not get in how f**kin stupid

I blame you lol ................. only kiddin, u tried ur best but they wouldn't let us anywhere near it.

al

ST on the way...
Speaking to Stephen at the end he said the idea was that we follow the pace car and slowly build up speed over the laps to get a good flow going, we had 15mins knocked off becuase of c***s overtaking!

al

ST on the way...
black kro said:
I touched 80 on the parade lap and nearly shunted a 19 16V - was that naughty?

I touched 80 too but luckily the cars infront of me we're quicker and dissappeared! ;)

Monaco Blue 172
and i thought it was supposed to be a "LOW SPEED" parade!!?? unlucky if u were stuck near the back i suppose

V70 d5 beast
i was in the middle of some feckin quick megane's, i let some go by me as they kept stopping then blazing it off in front, too fast and being stupid on the track! imo but the day was good although it took 1 1/2 to get out, tried to take a short cut but just ended up the top of the hill lol whoops

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
TheJesus said:
Stephendell, were you the chap I was speaking to when you were looking for Andy 'The miserable git' Northrop? lol

Yes that was me. Luckily managed to get Jeremy to press-gang him into going to collect his award!

I spoke to Andy at the end of the evening and he seemed on good form then. Maybe the wine & beer helped. Anyway I hope all the Clio guys (& gals) on that table had a good time!

Last edited:
  172cup/BMW 320 coupe
239863298_e29f64d3f8.gif

^^^^my silver cup!! 3 cars up from the laguna! was a good day! i left just before the formula renos finished and there was abit of traffic but not to much! went out in nottingham on the nite! was a good weekend definatly will be going next yr!!
anyone spot me in collectors parking? met a few peeps!
silver 172 cup wr53 uea! was abit dusty tho! sud have rought a sponge and bucket!!

Alpines,5T,21T,Avantime
Karen said:
^^^ Day - You were too busy giving rude gestures to Steve!

They should have split the cars up, far too many on at a time and it got a bit congested!

239863298_e29f64d3f8.gif

Good idea. We considered that on Saturday when we had 200 cars for the parade, but it wasn't possible due to logistics.

On Sunday we only had 100 and it should have flowed better, but as soon as people hold back to get a quick run it makes it impossible. I know that two lovely ladies in a 182 (?) got black flagged when they were spotted holding back on the approach to Redgate and I felt really sorry for them. I think they got the heavy handed treatment because a few moments earlier someone in a 5GTT raider overtook in the same place clearly in view of race control. Not the best idea!

As a result of the various misdemeanors we lost at least a lap on Sunday which was shame but I hope you enjoyed it any way.

As Al said the idea is to pick up speed as a group and get the whole chain with the control cars flowing smoothly, but at the end of the day it's not a track day, just a bit of fun and a chance to get out on the circuit.

Vee dub
Clart said:
who was the muppet in the 55 plate trophy on saturday? kept stopping and doing wheelspins. hard man!

lol I was cringing at the silver 182 and 2 silver 172's doing that and then clipping the limiter.... looked shocking

silver clio grande 1.2
AliasOmega said:
Clio Bex said:
I have the recorded one from the Sat night gala thing, its on me phone (video & audio) of the car doing it. Was nice, though not too nice that i was right next to the thing during it with no warnings about them doing that.

Kinda figured they led themselves open to a hearing damage claim by not providing the correct warning about the event, or providing ear protection.

tell me about it, this was the first time id ever been to an f1 race and had no idea how loud they were, i got the hint though on the first race when i was stood near the corner of the track at the entrance quite close.ouch:eek:

stephendell said:
Yes that was me. Luckily managed to get Jeremy to press-gang him into going to collect his award!

I spoke to Andy at the end of the evening and he seemed on good form then. Maybe the wine & beer helped. Anyway I hope all the Clio guys (& gals) on that table had a good time!

hehe, good to meet you mate and good job on getting Andy to eventually pick his prize up!

was gutted I had work the next day, couldn't be avoided unfortunately, but next year I'll be there for the duration!

Clio 182
stephendell said:
Good idea. We considered that on Saturday when we had 200 cars for the parade, but it wasn't possible due to logistics.

On Sunday we only had 100 and it should have flowed better, but as soon as people hold back to get a quick run it makes it impossible. I know that two lovely ladies in a 182 (?) got black flagged when they were spotted holding back on the approach to Redgate and I felt really sorry for them. I think they got the heavy handed treatment because a few moments earlier someone in a 5GTT raider overtook in the same place clearly in view of race control. Not the best idea!

As a result of the various misdemeanors we lost at least a lap on Sunday which was shame but I hope you enjoyed it any way.

As Al said the idea is to pick up speed as a group and get the whole chain with the control cars flowing smoothly, but at the end of the day it's not a track day, just a bit of fun and a chance to get out on the circuit.

Just an idea but I think it would have been good to have had some idea of what was to happen, how many laps, the idea to gradually speed up that you mentioned and a bit of advice to tell people the plan and for them not to hold back, or overtake etc, just put under the wipes of the cars in advance or something.

It was really good to get the chance to go on the track, just a shame it got a bit spoilt by some and reduced.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Welll i dont remember getting black flagged though people kept telling me a 'woman in a 182' did (how many women were driving on sunday?)

I just got held up along with everyone else and moved when i could.. so i dont think i was?

'18 Megane dci
Rich said:
You looking for Parade lap pics Dave? I did not go out so got a fair few of you lot out there, did not see you car though?

I only went out on the Saturday parade m8, got up too late Sunday morning for that parade :p

'18 Megane dci
browno said:
A colleague of my wife was apparently there with her hubby who's one of the track photographers - will see if I can get a link to his pictures sorted...

Cheers very much :D

The black flag treatment was harsh on the 182 driver, she's been getting stick from us ever since oo la la...

To be fair it was a parade and not a trackday afterall.

al

ST on the way...
Bubbles said:
Welll i dont remember getting black flagged though people kept telling me a 'woman in a 182' did (how many women were driving on sunday?)

I just got held up along with everyone else and moved when i could.. so i dont think i was?

It was a bird in a trophy.

182 w/busted splitter :-(
As above, it was a blond girl in a Trophy, she was right in front of me in the parade on Sunday, and was waved in at Redgate after the first "Parade" lap.

To be fair, yes, she did slow down a bit to have a run (especially into the start of the Melbourne Loop!) but didn't everyone??

Still, it was a great addition to the day, and great to do the *full* Donington Circuit (if you do a normal Track Day at Donington, it's just the 'national' circuit, without the Melbourne Loop and Hairpin!!)

silver clio grande 1.2
AliasOmega said:
Shall try to get the video up bex when i get time...

Just finished work, time for bed.

thank you cant wait to see it, i didnt get a close look as there were loads of people infront of me, im only small:dapprove: haha

Clio 182
al said:
Why the HELL is it locked?!?

see the thread in the forum questions section I think it was - re having one large thread or people being able to put their own threads up.

Well I've bumped it, but it just took me 10 minutes to load it and I'm on 8mb broadband!

It's staying locked.