ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clio 182 geo/tracking settings

Clio 182 FF
On a different note, the guy at kwik fit advised me to fit a turbo as the 182's are really slow out the box...he then went for his dinner in his rover?

I drive a grand C-max 1.5tdi

Make of that what you will [emoji23]

And you told us the steering wheel is slightly off centre to go straight didn't you ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Clio 182 FF
Set it perfect , drive down a road of speed humps and catch a pot hole and check it again ..... you will then understand the slightly more cynical view .

However I do get you want it as perfect as you can

I have to start with a straight steering wheel as anything else drives me insane

I understand it can go out again after a few pot holes, which our roads are littered with! Just wouldn't mind hugging the curb constantly?

Also Im not disagreeing with anyone but there a few factors to consider with it pulling left. Roads can be banked, the column lower uj can have play and will move slightly under its own, op could have spacers on the front and the scrub radius out..

Clio 182 FF
I drive a grand C-max 1.5tdi

Make of that what you will [emoji23]

And you told us the steering wheel is slightly off centre to go straight didn't you ?

Yes, if I hold the wheel straight it will go off to the left, same if I let go but thought this is just the caliper sliders, will know for sure when I replace them

Clio 182 FF
Also Im not disagreeing with anyone but there a few factors to consider with it pulling left. Roads can be banked, the column lower uj can have play and will move slightly under its own, op could have spacers on the front and the scrub radius out..
No spacers on front, I have 172 cups alloys so sit nicely in the arch for me. Reckon it's that brake sticking causing the big pull to one side

Clio 182 FF
Unless you have already bought them, you will be lucky to find anywhere with them in stock.

A good clean up with emery paper and lashings of grease usually suffices, but if you get stuck.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/frenkit/10247161
I have removed them previously, sanded and greased that's how I knew the boot was split but didnt have a replacement when I was doing discs pads etc, I have some on order from euros, they're pagid sliders x4 with boots and grease. The part number is 116770278 if anyone is interested for future reference

I'm paying just shy of £30 with code off, just looked at your link £7.50 each side, will check to see what delivery costs are, thanks!

PH2 172
I have removed them previously, sanded and greased that's how I knew the boot was split but didnt have a replacement when I was doing discs pads etc, I have some on order from euros, they're pagid sliders x4 with boots and grease. The part number is 116770278 if anyone is interested for future reference

I'm paying just shy of £30 with code off, just looked at your link £7.50 each side, will check to see what delivery costs are, thanks!

£7.50 ish , but check out what else they do, only 1 delivery charge per order.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/snr/1927506

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/magneti-marelli/1858040

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/snr/1928645

PH2 172
The Mrs would be extremely annoyed with me if I was to do that this week? just had aux belt kit , 2 new ps3 and 3 lots of tracking already this week alone! On second thoughts, will mean I can spend more time in the garage ? decisions eh?

It`s taken you a long time to confirm that you fitted a pair of PS3`s, but that`s another possibility struck off.

PH2 172
I cannot resist any oportunity to take a dig at Ian.

I noticed Autodoc are now invoicing at 20% VAT, not 19% for GDR, so I guess they are set up for Brexit.

Not that he`s likely to dip his nose in here.

It`s about cars, not Dogma.

PH2 172
Steve, I'm pretty sure I mentioned it ages ago like 10 times ?. I said on post #67 to you I had them fitted on Monday

Obviously only a mad man would fit a single tyre on an axle, but CS is not short of them.

Please forgive me, as this is what you wrote.

"I had new ps3 fitted"

which made me raise an eyebrow.

Clio 182 FF
Obviously only a mad man would fit a single tyre on an axle, but CS is not short of them.

"I had new ps3 fitted"

"I had new ps3 fitted"

Oh no, you'd have to be mad to replace a single tyre on an axle? people surely cannot do that!