ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clio 200: Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Arch/Alloy Detailing (PIC HEAVY)

Da

Less
All work is courtesy of Jay at MigliorDetailing.co.uk

Anyway, the full write up has finally landed, enjoy -

Here we're looking at the very capable Renault Sport Clio 200. This has been rated as one of the best front wheel drive hot hatches going.
The car is a matter of months old, but it was already showing some swirling. The dealers charged my customer for their diamondbrite sealant, this costs about £400 and for that, you get next to no protection. Actually, what am I being kind for? There was no evidence of protection whatsoever. Aside from that, included in the price is, buffer trails, swirl marks and a lot of marring.

Summary of the work carried out:

- Perform enhancement detail to remove buffer trails/dull looking paint
- Full wheel & Arch Detail
- Swap grey centre caps with black ones
- Protect the car for the winter.

Obviously, the car has been used for a few months, but you would expect some form of protection on the car even after a few months. With the car holding on to water and how dirt had stuck to the car, it’s fair to say the dealer applied sealant is of no benefit in any terms.

Here is the car on arrival.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

You can see how the dull the paint looks. This looks to be hologram marks left by the dealer or whoever carried out the diamondbrite application.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Black wheels, silver centre caps. Well done Renault!

11.jpg

So, on with the wash & clean down. It was dark outside at this point, working late again!

12.jpg

Wheels dwelling in acid free wheel cleaner. Once the wheels were done, I rinsed the arches and sprayed them with degreaser.

Door shuts cleaned with citrus degreaser and agitated with Swissvax brush

13.jpg

Looking much cleaner

14.jpg

15.jpg

Same again on the other side

16.jpg

17.jpg

Now the car was foamed and rinsed off

18.jpg

The "ultimate" in paint and fabric protection............... it made me chuckle!

19.jpg

Once the car was washed, it was treated to Tardis to remove some of the tar spots, and iron cut to remove some iron filings. The car was rinsed with the pressure washer then brought into the unit wet, for claying.

There were still some iron filings which were not completely removed by the iron cut or IronX as it is no known. These must have been pretty deep seated in the paintwork

20.jpg

Anyway, they were removed in the claying stages

23.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Then the car was dried

25.jpg

24.jpg

26.jpg

Once the car was dried, I started work on getting the arches cleaned.

Up we go...

27.jpg

Wheels off and arches cleaned. The arches are already pretty clean as I did them whilst the car was outside, but it’s inevitable, you’re not going to reach all areas without the wheels off.

28.jpg

The brake calipers were polished and treated with a sealant.

29.jpg

The arches were protected with 303 aerospace protectant.

30.jpg

31.jpg

The alloys were cleaned and sealed in and out.

32.jpg

33.jpg

Rear arch after

34.jpg

Front arch after

35.jpg

The centre caps were also swapped. Something Renault should have sorted themselves, first time round!

36.jpg

Now the wheels and arches were sorted, I set about looking at the paint!

Looking a little dull...

43.jpg

37.jpg

Little better!

38.jpg

Typical marks left in the paint. Light marring and scratching

39.jpg

After

40.jpg

Before

41.jpg

After

42.jpg

Near side rear panel, before:

45.jpg

After

46.jpg

There are a few deeper marks left in that panel, but the job was to enhance the colour and gloss. I’m sure you agree that’s been more than covered!

That’s it for polishing pics, now for the finishing touches.

The glass was cleaned with Swissvax crystal

48.jpg

Leaving this...

47.jpg

Wheels sealed with Swissvax autobahn and tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu

50.jpg

51.jpg

The paint was sealed with a my own synthetic sealant (trade secret ;) )

Here are the afters. Sorry there aren’t too many after pics, I was pushed for time, and I’m useless at photographing white cars!

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

Thanks for reading!

:cool:

Re: RenaultSport Clio 200: Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Arch/Alloy Detailing (PIC HE

Great write up and thats a stunning 200!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Re: RenaultSport Clio 200: Enhancement Detail Plus Wheel Arch/Alloy Detailing (PIC HE

What headlights have you got in there Darren?

(Car looks awesome btw!)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Looks ace!

However WHY did you get the dealer to dimond bright the car, schoolboy error, especially if you paid for it!

VRS

looks mint by the way fella :D

197 cup

That is fantastic work mate. where are u based think i fancy taking a wonder to u to do mine

Da

Less

Yeah they are 6000K HID's in the projector/cornering lenses Daniel.

I know now that the Diamondbrite was a waste of time, I didn't pay for it though so am none too fussed :)

Thanks for the comments !

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

Looks grand, how much would that work cost!?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Any nice beeding this morning?!

BG 182 FF

can't believe how much better it looks in finishing pics, as I didn't think it looked that bad to start with then realised as I was looking through the pics. Money well spent imo.

Da

Less

The ramp is awesome to be fair...but then it should be at £3k a pop! :eek:

Plenty of beading over the past few days Gaz, didn't see any this morning though - I didn't have time.

There is a beading pic in my other thread I believe?

172 with k-tec sound

awesome car and awesome write up daz:cool:

RB One Eight Two

Superb attention to detail, and a great looking 200! Seriously thinking about getting mine corrected now.

Clio RS

very nice 200

is that a poorboys world drying towl?

Lovely buddy, nice to see a write up, I know how pushed I am for time on a detail to take photos!!

172 Cup

Cracking detail, the car looks amazing!

clio 182 black /gold

Wow amazing Daz.

RB 182 FF

Lovely lovely car.

Porsche Boxster987S

wow!

LY 182

Great details. I watch out for his posts at DW as he always does a mint job. Definitely money well spent.

Audi TT 225

Bargain tbh.

JMR

RB 182 Cup

Cracking detail you've had done there Daz.

Looks like a good setup Jay's got too. Ramp especially impressive.

Da

Less

Appreciate the comments everyone :)

Clio sport 2.0 16v 172ph1

Nice Car! i love clio 3!

Nice job, what is the thing he is drying it with called, I need one of those, where can I get one!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

looking real sharp.

JMR

RB 182 Cup

Nice job, what is the thing he is drying it with called, I need one of those, where can I get one!

Its a Silverline leaf blower. Looks like the 500W model, but I think this has been discontinued. Not available anywhere at moment.

AUDI A5 s-sline

looks amazing mate, and i agree remp does look awsome, i want!:cool: