ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport No.4 Kieran's Blackgold Project

BlackGold 182
This week i put down a deposit on a Black Gold 182, and should be picking her up friday. This isnt going to be as fast or have nearly as much progress as other projects of mine but it certainly will be shown some love :) I have been driving around in a 1.5dci megane the last 3 months and as much as it saves me so much money, its so dull to drive. I'm Soon to be a dad and thought a Megane would satisfy me but it doesn't and i want to enjoy driving again! So i went about finding a 182 that ive yet to own one.

Previous Renaultsports

First one was an Iceberg

Started like so

058c9e20.jpg

ended like this..

P1010190.jpg

Then i sold it and got a Ph1

6946774581_a98e8ab6fd_b.jpg

Then i swapped that for an mx5 mk2 and hated it to be honest and got a cup instead, turned out a complete dog but i sorted it out and turned out a decent car.

fa968f72.jpg

484bb5e7.jpg

Now on to the 182

Blackgold 182 Project

No pictures just yet, soon as i pick it up ill get some, but it has had 1 owner since new, 82k miles, FSH,12 months MOT, Completely standard.

No plans as such just yet, need to get tax and also the exhaust is a little rusted so something to replace that in due course, but other than that its going to be getting a full detail

E36 328i
Did that cup from up north somewhere? This MX-5 is on another forum now just as he got rid of his cup.

BlackGold 182
Still think the silver one was mint, but I'm interested to see what you do with this.

Cheers Rob, yeaa this will also be mint promise! just slower with updates :(

Did that cup from up north somewhere? This MX-5 is on another forum now just as he got rid of his cup.

Yeaa some guy off here from newcastle, i swapped my mx5 for his cup.

Good to see you back :) (but we all knew you couldn't stay away!)

Looking forward to seeing the up and coming project :)

haha cheers Mark, ill have to get to some more meets again! what cleaning products you use on your bg?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Poorboys black hole and nattys paste wax. I have recently been using auto glym hd wax but I personally prefer nattys. (all that's by hand btw)

My friend di my machine polishing for me and used menzerna stuff.

BlackGold 182
Update

on monday i swapped my megane for a titanium 182, mainly because it comes with a yozza on it, so the yozza will be swapped over to the BG and standard exhaust onto the Titanium. I must say the sound of the yozza is so addictive! its not even decatted and sounds amazing!

Anyways the reason i havent put pictures up of the 182 yet due to it being delayed, so fingers crossed im picking her up tomorrow afternoon

Also i been splashing out on detailing bits and bobs, i recieved a Machine polisher from Cleanyourcar today and will be detailing the BG Saturday hopefully along with fitting the yozza

BlackGold 182
Hahah cheers guys!

The titianum came with some Williams wheels in black, trying to decide weather to put them on the BG?

BlackGold 182
I'll get up some pictures tomorrow and trial fit the Williams wheels, also it has apex springs on the titianum and I must say the ride isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, I think theyre more comfortable than the vmaxx coilovers were tbh

BlackGold 182
Thanks Sam! Yes for the price you can get 182s now theres nothin out there better or more fun IMO, I think it will look good with them on but not at standard road height

I Wana swap the springs over but I no previously it was a struggle to compress the spring enough to get the top cap bit back on even using my compressors

BlackGold 182
Thanks guys! Well it wont be just yet but I'll keep you both in mind! I no changing the struts etc is easy enough it's just getting the standard springs back in. Either of you member what compressors you got? Mine were eBay specials but just too big and they hit the actual struts when putting back together

I've got a set of fairly slim silverline ones that fit if needed. Have to dig them out but they're kicking about the garage somewhere.

Should only really need to clamp the middle two/three coils to relieve a bit of tension. Certainly no where near the strut :)

BG = Spoiler and splitter cup packs but no wheels or suspension?

By the looks of it anyways.

If so you're in luck as you'll have the 54mm bolt spacing and more suspension choice in the future when you will inevitably want coilovers again lol!

BlackGold 182
mmm yea i never thought of that, although the wheels are mint so i think a refurb at some stage so maybe done in just silver? ill find out saturday morning, im hopinh non cup because the silver is obviously non cup and i can just switch the hole struts over

BlackGold 182
Haha yeaaa it was scary!! Going roundabout even in the dry and it wanted to drift, I wouldn't ever let me drive normally lol

BlackGold 182
Few pictures i took today, looks like monday i shall be putting the yozza and springs onto the BG and im looking for Turinis and having them in a bright silver

2DE4A149-D36A-4994-80EB-9A8CC03D05A0-2015-000002271A3600CF.jpg

4ACBB4F1-1640-4B70-881B-5050490A0B6A-2015-000002273A3A5AC3.jpg

BlackGold 182
Gloss Black top grill now done :)

02947F8D-5B08-4C76-8F98-239614542089-3416-000003C0A7615FCF.jpg

decided on keeping the standard 182 wheels as i want it to look oem tbh, so going to stick on the apex springs and then the exhaust and thats that for now :D

BlackGold 182
Just finished spraying the inlet etc, loads better

Before

587C76AB-50D2-49A1-BE32-2FFB3C9C0D96-3416-000003CC3D0C52F1.jpg

After

23E65A57-63D0-46AC-9C08-076E7E741DB1-3416-000003CC44FC4576.jpg

Updates will be slow for next couple of weeks due to a lot of hours at work :(