ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing 182 factory head unit - what are these extra connectors for???!

172 Flamer
Hi,

done a few searches on here but can't find anything, please help - I just removed the standard head unit and unplugged the 2 normal 'ISO type' connectors, 1 with the power, remote, ignition wires (red, black, yellow etc.) and the one with all the speaker wires in..... then there's 2 other, smaller connectors, 1 is blue & 1 is yellow, square shaped.

Are these for the steering wheel cruise control buttons & centre dash display for the radio / outside temperature etc? if so can I just insulation tape them up and poke down the back of dash out of the way somewhere? Or do they have to be connected?

Many thanks

172 Flamer
Ok, think I've found the answer - blue connector = CD changer? Yellow = dashboard display? Anyone confirm? It has dawned on me that the cruise control probably wouldn't be attached to stereo!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
One is dash and one is stalk IIRC. I'd have to pull my stereo out in order to check but as long as the ISO ones are plugged in you shouldn't have any problem with leaving the others unplugged.

172 Flamer
Thank you kind sir! Think I'll just tape them up, not too bothered about display & stalk just want to fit my aftermarket head unit asap!

I also have a yellow, square connector, dangling out the bottom of my dash - I'm guessing it's the same as one of the above! good to know it's nothing vital, i'm pretty sure it's not compatible with my £40 aftermarket HU ;)