ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing a battery

are there any difficulites i might come across if i try to do this myslef?

to my knowedge its not a hard job? does anybody have any tips for easy replacement?

do i just disconnect the positive then the negative and will it just slide out?

i have a 98clio mark 2 s reg! cheers for any replies this site has been great for my battery problems recently!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
You shouldn't really have any problems with a battery change.
its good practice to disconnect the neg. terminal first before removing the old one, and connect the positive terminal first when you install the new one.
Make sure you can find your radio code if the radio needs one.
Dont wear a ring when working on a battery.

Unscrew the negative first and preferably do it one handed much safer stick the other hand in your pocket.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yup. it may be held in with a brackett or stabiliser bar but otherwise its straight out and new one in :)

Make sure the new one has the right shape terminals, square or round!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Unscrew the negative first and preferably do it one handed much safer stick the other hand in your pocket.

I don't get the hand in the pocket bit Edde, thats an electricians thing, nothing in a car battery going to kill you (unless it falls on your head)

Or are you just feeling cocky ? ;)

I don't get the hand in the pocket bit Edde, thats an electricians thing, nothing in a car battery going to kill you (unless it falls on your head)

Or are you just feeling c**ky ? ;)
Better safe than sorry I don't like electricity at the best of times. We don't seem to get one well together.