ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing head unit in 197

Red Clio 197
Hi Guys,
New owner here. Desperately want a new stereo in my 2008 197 to allow me to use my Ipod. I'm getting a Pioneer MVH-8200 and looking on other threads it appears I need a fascia from a Megane to ensure no gaps - is this the right fascia?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FP-08-01-Renault-Megane-Black-Fascia-Panel-Surround-CD-/160532798197?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_FasciaPlates_SM&hash=item2560801af5#ht_2071wt_989

Also, I have no rear speakers, which appears to be normal on a 197 - I've seen JL Audio Evolution TR525Cxi's recommended, will they fit straight in the rear?

Cheers

Last edited:
  Nimbus R27
Yes that's the right facia adaptor.

You'll have to check the rears, as if you look at some 13cm speakers they have 4 tabs around the speaker for mounts, and 2 are usually cut/filed off to fit the renaults 2 x mounting holes. The jl's you refer to don't have tabs, but a bigger lip around the whole speaker. You'll have to measure it's size compared to the hole in the rear cards.