ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing the front offside and nearside coil springs

BG Clio 182
It is listed as a testers recommendation on my Clio from last years MOT it states they are slightly corroded. So with this years MOT not due until the end of June im looking to replace them aheah of time.

Now ive never done anything like this so have no knowledge when it comes to this, so will be getiing it done professionally, any ideas as to cost any recomendations??

Lionel Richie
new springs are cira £85 EACH, set of eibach sportlines/prolines are less than £150 for all 4

don't pay more than 1 hours labour for fitting

Clio 172 sport
i bought apex for my 172 off ebay £110ish ive now got coilovers but theye were really good springs lowers 30mm not too much they are easy to fit if u know what your doing but you will need a spring clamp to take ur old ones off the frount and to fit new ones dont just undo the top of the struts, you will probably end up taking ya head off and if u dont you will end up chasing ur strut top mounts down the street

BG Clio 182
How will this effect the car, i dont want to make the car to low so it scraps on speedbumps etc.. And finally sportlines or pro lines which are the better buy??

Seat Ibiza
I used sport lines as do a lot of people on here, some people by Apex because they are £20 cheaper but always end up selling and getting Eibachs because they are too harsh. My sport lines lowered 25mm I think? Made the car feel more positive, was a little bit harsher.

I would put it through the MOT first see if they fail or not. Don't want to spend £150 unless needed, you get 10 working days for a free retest anyway!

BG Clio 182
I used sport lines as do a lot of people on here, some people by Apex because they are £20 cheaper but always end up selling and getting Eibachs because they are too harsh. My sport lines lowered 25mm I think? Made the car feel more positive, was a little bit harsher.

I would put it through the MOT first see if they fail or not. Don't want to spend £150 unless needed, you get 10 working days for a free retest anyway!

Yeah i was thinking that, i will wait to see the result of the MOT before buying just in case.

Seat Ibiza
Yeah i was thinking that, i will wait to see the result of the MOT before buying just in case.

I only did mine as they were broken. They may just get another advisory if not they are not hard to fit and if you have a little mechanical knowledge you'd easily do it yourself.

BG Clio 182
I only did mine as they were broken. They may just get another advisory if not they are not hard to fit and if you have a little mechanical knowledge you'd easily do it yourself.

Cheers for the advice much appreciated, still getting to grips with all this.

RS Clio 182
Just had this news on mine. Looking at getting Eibach Sportline. They classed as a mod you have to declare. As Admiral saying they want £20 extra. Are they really worth choosing over replacing it with OEM part?