ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reply if you preordered a PS3

Golf R soon...
From where, whens it getting delivered and what package did you get.

Got mine from Game, should be on day of release and I am getting Motorstorm, fall of man and Call of Duty 3

Daz

RS Clio 200
ure all gay LOL
so not worht 500 quid, 300 of that is for the little sony badge on the front of that bread bin

dk

911 GTS Cab
pre-ordered from amazon and getting motorstorm and F1 from gameplay as i didn't like any of the packages.

dk

911 GTS Cab
ure all gay LOL
so not worht 500 quid, 300 of that is for the little sony badge on the front of that bread bin
i think you'll find over £300 of it is for the bluray drive alone, Sony are losing hundreds of £'s on every unit sold so its hardly a ripoff.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i got a pre-order from woolworths, without games. but am just going to go to town friday 23rd and buy one from dixons or game or something. they aint in demand thats why you can still pre-order them everywhere

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Preordered one from amazon.co.uk for £424 (i think)

Then had second thoughts, will wait for the price to come down, still using 360 heavily so don't need it.

Cancelled order

Preordered from argos, just the console for now. Had an extra controller and HDMI delivery from the US today. Probably gonna pick up Motorstorm on release day havent decided yet!

Amazone, release day, £425

Been thinking about buying another and selling it on ebay.

Do you think there will be a large enough shortage for a decent premium?

RS Clio 200
ure all gay LOL
i think you'll find over £300 of it is for the bluray drive alone, Sony are losing hundreds of £'s on every unit sold so its hardly a ripoff.

They they are stupid... why produce a console that isnt going to make them money.
and whats to say blue ray will take off.... doesnt have the well known rep as HD does already.

Why spend so much when the 360 will still be more fun, and certainly much better online.. PS3, still laggy online servers like PS2 online.

nice one Sony!

£~450? :dead::dead::dead:

Did I see in the news that said something like Sony had dropped some backward compatability for the EU model?

dk

911 GTS Cab

They they are stupid... why produce a console that isnt going to make them money.
and whats to say blue ray will take off.... doesnt have the well known rep as HD does already.

Why spend so much when the 360 will still be more fun, and certainly much better online.. PS3, still laggy online servers like PS2 online.

nice one Sony!
i have a 360 so don't care about the choice between the two and the 360 suffers from lag online like any online console does.

They lose money on the box (like Microsoft does on the 360!) because they make their money from the software!

whats to say blu-ray will take off? It already has and is outselling hd-dvd so i'd say its a good bet and as i have the HD-DVD drive on the 360 I have both drives anyway so I can't lose!

Plus to spec a 360 to ps3 spec is still the same cost so neither is cheaper than the other, the 360 just hides the cost by making everything aditional whereas the ps3 includes pretty much everything in the base pack.

dk

911 GTS Cab
£~450? :dead::dead::dead:

Did I see in the news that said something like Sony had dropped some backward compatability for the EU model?
yes you did, like i said in the other thread though, who cares, i will never play a ps2 game on a next gen console, if i wanted that sort of thing i would buy a wii.

and i ordered another... Yes you read correct.. ordered 3.. but seriously thinking of cancelling 2 as it looks like theres no big demand for it. :eek:

Oh well.....

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
You lot are insane, if I go into full time emloyment next year then i will be purchasing a 360, for the price of a PS3 you could get a 360 with plenty of extra's.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
and i ordered another... Yes you read correct.. ordered 3.. but seriously thinking of cancelling 2 as it looks like theres no big demand for it. :eek:

Oh well.....

I don't think they'll be in shortage either, Sony have suggested that there will be plenty available, for example, Amazon are still offering them on pre-order, so have plenty of their allocation left.

T

thecremeegg

lol listen to the 360 fanboys, i mean how can you possibly say that a 360 is "more fun" and has better online play? have you played a PS3 online?
If you dont want a ps3 then fine, but stop bleating about how much better the 360 is, jeez!

Daves a right Fanboy =P

Not sure if your comment was serious or sarcastic but, when you have Nintendo & co's back cataloge of games the VC is a real selling point. Sony hasnt got the gaming history/pedigree like Nintendo have.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Daves a right Fanboy =P

Not sure if your comment was serious or sarcastic but, when you have Nintendo & co's back cataloge of games the VC is a real selling point. Sony hasnt got the gaming history/pedigree like Nintendo have.
lol, fanboy of what, i have been playing my 360 since the day it came out, i love it and am only getting the ps3 for blu-ray and GT-HD.

The only consoles I don't like are nintendo, IMO they are aimed more at kids and the japanese market, i like next gen consoles and again IMO the wii is not next gen, its a gamecube with a fancy controller.

Oh and like i said about the ps3 backwards compatibility above, who cares about a back catalogue, move with the times, newer games are what the next gen consoles are made for, if they rely on old games then what does that say?

Haven't you watched a program recently you loved as a child and it just isn't the same now, things move on, games are the same.

I'm not a fanboy, i just like cutting edge technology and the most advanced gaming I can get my hands on.

dk

911 GTS Cab
lol listen to the 360 fanboys, i mean how can you possibly say that a 360 is "more fun" and has better online play? have you played a PS3 online?
If you dont want a ps3 then fine, but stop bleating about how much better the 360 is, jeez!
lol, exactly, i love my 360 but i have also played motorstorm on a ps3 and it was impressive, i just hope sony has got its online play right this time as the ps2 was awful, as long as they have copied the MS way we will be fine.

dk

911 GTS Cab
You lot are insane, if I go into full time emloyment next year then i will be purchasing a 360, for the price of a PS3 you could get a 360 with plenty of extra's.
yes but those extras only take you up to the spec of the PS3 for the same price so you don't get anything more for your money.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
LOL :) Nope not yet but I think i'm a bit further on than I was. Its packed away whilst I've had to re-decorate my room.

dk

911 GTS Cab
LOL :) Nope not yet but I think i'm a bit further on than I was. Its packed away whilst I've had to re-decorate my room.
it really is a bugger, they weren't underselling its complexity!

i'm sure i saw one in a clip from other contestants on last weeks dragons den too!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yeah definatekly. I got a phone call spluttering "the Isis is BBC2" lol. I had to re-wind Sly+!!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
was gutted they didn't feature it, would be interesting to know what they said and what they were asking/trying to do!

Haven't you watched a program recently you loved as a child and it just isn't the same now, things move on, games are the same.

I'm not a fanboy, i just like cutting edge technology and the most advanced gaming I can get my hands on.

Heh I was only gesting mate I respect your opinion because its usually well informed.

Nintendo arnt banking on the VC to sell consoles at all, they know people love the old nostalgic games and they've exploited that to make a quick buck. Fair play.

The sale graphs will tell all come this time next year.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Heh I was only gesting mate I respect your opinion because its usually well informed.

Nintendo arnt banking on the VC to sell consoles at all, they know people love the old nostalgic games and they've exploited that to make a quick buck. Fair play.

The sale graphs will tell all come this time next year.
indeed they will.

that wasn't all aimed at you, lots of misinformed people commenting on things they haven't even layed their hands on gets me, theres too many experts.

My dislike of the wii is not formed from experience either as I have never played on a wii, it just doesn't interest me enough to want to play it, but thats me, i've never been a nintendo fan, my brother always had the consoles and i never really liked the games on them, we are all different though, thats what makes life so interesting and why there is competition which benefits us all!

My dislike of the wii is not formed from experience either as I have never played on a wii, it just doesn't interest me enough to want to play it, but thats me, i've never been a nintendo fan, my brother always had the consoles and i never really liked the games on them, we are all different though, thats what makes life so interesting and why there is competition which benefits us all!

Certainly does.

If I could afford a PS3, I'd buy one but I'd also have to get a decent HDTV because I cant see my 1995 14" Sharp portable doing it any justice :dead: