ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rescuing my 182

Epic car man! tad bit jealous. Also now wanting a proper DLSR Camera! photos are mint!

Like you said add a cup spoiler! wanting to do that to mine, the rear ends look awesome and wide at the bottom but at the top it just seems to slim out and meh? Cup spoiler to me would fatten the top out and complete it.

That's my opinion on it anyway, a dude who doesn't even own a proper sport haha! Either way we should defo go with a cup spoiler ;)

Haha cheers dude, thank you very much :) yeah cup spoiler is defiantly high on the list , just need to find the right one , they are hard as hell to get in titanium , because they weren't made in that colour so I need buy one and have it sprayed , and seams a shame to buy a mint black one and start rubbing it down :(

so just really waiting for a rough one lol at the right price haha :)

Eh there's nothing at all wrong with a none sport clio mate if we all had them it would be very boring :)

ps if you have chance , invest in a DSLR , they are epic :) lol

Well I went to look at my AC as it hasn't been working and this stupidly hot weather was killing me , it's come up with a pressure code before , so after going the meet and finding out they are under the bumper at the front I'd have a look!

Got in and tried it after a few seconds .... PPPSSSST heard the compressor kick in and boom freezing air , I didn't even touch anything lol

So after months of it not being switched on because it didn't work I just needed switch it on a few times and its sorted lol !

Who said French cars are unreliable , mine fixes its self lol :D haha

Well I spent my Sunday doing the usual Sunday thing , going crazy cleaning , my friend turned up so ended up cleaning his Type R , which was easier with his help!

I then attacked mine once over hard , came up very well happy !

Also when i was cleaning , I noticed the sport badge was a little loose on the left , well I was contemplating taking them off anyway , but after seeing people taking paint off with the badges I left it.

Well with it falling off i thought ill have a little pull and it came off fine :O thank god ! Also had a pull and the Renault and that came off well too haha thank god :)

Unfortunately It left a dirty Renaultsport patch haha after a bit off polish its come out clean :) happy ! What's people's opinions ? When I get paid ill get the new RS badge haha

Before
null_zps3f4abe39.jpg

null_zps2788b794.jpg

null_zps6ad834d8.jpg

null_zpsbaff4752.jpg

Opinions welcome :)

Well after a good chat with my local wheel bloke and a bit of banter he's come to sort my wheels tonight :D

Really happy with the results , the colour is a dark Audi grey apparently ! Ill let the photos show, sorry about the terrible ones they are off my iPhone ! Waiting till I have more time bust the DSLR out !

He's also done the Center caps but advised me leave them off to stop finger prints as they are still tacky! :)

null_zps0f54723d.jpg

null_zps3181e6a6.jpg

null_zps90560e9a.jpg

null_zps8d5dc852.jpg

null_zpsc0b10f02.jpg

null_zps1e956682.jpg

null_zps5887924f.jpg

null_zps383c73c2.jpg

null_zpsc4336c0c.jpg

And in the shade they look a lot darker ! Still happy as hell though !

null_zps9037dd42.jpg

Just a quick update really ! Went into work and painted the calipers finally !

I sold the original red paint to a friend as he decided last minute and couldn't get paint in time! So I sold him mine and bought a new tin!

Colour was still going to have to be red ! Really like the red and grey combination, and it ties in with the red rear lights :D

i won't lie I didn't have much time and I only did a quick job , I wished I'd spent longer doing it but time at work was short , so I only did a quick paint , but they are red none the less and they look half decent behind the wheels ! When I have 5 ill get it all off stripped and cleaned and re painted ! Here are some photos ! I love the photos haha !!

null_zps9b0d176b.jpg

null_zps4fedca7f.jpg

null_zps064a3ba2.jpg

null_zps04a8beb2.jpg

And on the car

null_zpsfbb01351.jpg

And the darker wheels are shown better here :D

null_zps255f560e.jpg

Next on the list is a new steering wheel from snappy !

Mines giving up , the right thumb grip is ripped , shame really as the wheel has no melting at all ! But I've bought a second hand one £25 delivered !

null_zpsa0a07cd8.jpg

null_zps1bae55d3.jpg

null_zpsb178cc94.jpg

Ive spoken to snappy and confirmed ill send him this battered one he'll do his magic on this and then ill sell my other ! If anybody interested PM me , it's only got a small tear in the rigt thumb grip ! No melting lol

Lucky for me he's only up the road so that'll be going up pay day !

Other than that I'm getting pretty happy with her now ! Lol maybe a cup spoiler if I can justify the cost ! Or me and the missus have had a chat and maybe next year a M3 might be on the cards who knows !

Comments and opinions welcome !

Took a few photos with my Clio friend haha :D lol Thought id share them :D also went to fill up with some Shell Nitro V power , which is further than they my local tesco for there 99 ron
I Have to admit it feels a lot better on nitro , sounds a better idle to me and maybe a slight placebo effect but it does feel a little more torquey !

Also after convincing myself there was a issue with the fuel light , ie not working today a year and 6 odd months after buying the car it has come on , with 30 miles left lol it was just me being a big girl not running down low !

null_zps972623ce.jpg

Nice steady run back from the petrol station saw this ! This is genuine as well , about 5 miles home at a steady 50 mph on cruise control

null_zpse95afb05.jpg

And a few with Katies 200 :D

null_zpsf9e07fd4.jpg

null_zpsb088a0d7.jpg

null_zps1d73660c.jpg

null_zps701efad9.jpg

null_zps037ec724.jpg

null_zps19a2c440.jpg

Comments and opinions like always :D

Trophy #491
ahaha it's been 100% better since I had the 98 Ron map if I'm honest ! That was a steady run no big up hills at 50mpg for about 6-7 miles or so! It will go down I'm sure ! I drive mostly town roads so normally around average of 28 !

Thought it was too good to be true!!

Looking very tidy anyway :)

172 Cup
I like what you've done with the brake calipers. The red contrasts well with the body colour and darker alloys! Lots of subtles changes making a huge difference overall.

The only two pics I have where you can see the spoiler lol

jeberuvy.jpg

umapejyj.jpg

Looks epic ! exactly what I'm after !! want to sell it ? hahahaha need to keep on the hunt !! :D cheers mate

I like what you've done with the brake calipers. The red contrasts well with the body colour and darker alloys! Lots of subtles changes making a huge difference overall.

Cheers mate ! it was a big decision for me, i knew it could ruin the car, i've seen a one before similar and i really liked it ! A few people told me not too , HMS derv im sorry ;) but overall i really like it !

Well I decided to mint the clio this weekend as the weathers really drawing in and i wanted to get another layer of sealant on ! plus its gives me a chance to take some good photos now the wheels are done !!

Steering wheels a go, taking it up to snappy next Saturday so pics to follow :D

Heres some off her now as shes stands , really happy with the car now , finally where i wanted to be with it , still looks good for 100600 miles :D

DSC_0767_368_zps8026d01d.jpg

DSC_0763_366_zpsbc542b1d.jpg

DSC_0756_362_zps2806a989.jpg

DSC_0752_361_zpsaf2c94f7.jpg

DSC_0759_364_zps1c7b81be.jpg

DSC_0744_357_zpscd22ab42.jpg

DSC_0746_358_zps6a5e8b5c.jpg

DSC_0742_355_zps6d41b064.jpg

DSC_0740_353_zps376fc937.jpg

DSC_0749_360_zps286bce35.jpg

DSC_0748_359_zps92b0e66d.jpg

Comments and opinions welcome as always !

Looking realllyyy nice mate! Wouldn't believe the mileage on the thing!
I know its a daunting thought.. but what are you going to do next? As in what would your next car be?

Looking realllyyy nice mate! Wouldn't believe the mileage on the thing!
I know its a daunting thought.. but what are you going to do next? As in what would your next car be?

haha cheers mate :) it's in amazing condition considering the mileage ! Bonnet and bumper have a few stone chips but still really impressive :)

haha it's not really daunting mate , next car is going to be a Focus ST I think ! I've been looking at E46 M3s but it'll be too much in terms of cost and running ! Ive always liked Focus STs and a friends had one recently made me like them all over again ! Quite fancy a Performance Blue or Red ST , time shall tell :)

Read your thread start to finish. Good read and the car looks lovely. :) Looks like mine, minus the Turinis :p
You've put a lot of time and love into that little car.

Thanks very much mate :) I'm finally getting to where I want with it :) I looked at turinis on mine but after a long long long debate I decided I like the standards darker :)

Its had some bloody elbow grease but I love it really :) over the moon with it ! Thanks for reading though buddy :D

Well realised the MOT is due in September so I had better sort the niggly little bits on the titty, nothing major , but my windscreen washer jets have been getting progressively worse until about a month ago when they just stopped spraying :/

I've left it because I'm busy but I decided I need it sorted for MOT, so bought some tools home and cracked on ! Rip the skuttle panel off and took the wipers off, handy puller from work made them very easy :) took the wiper motor out (3x 10mm bolts for reference) u plugged it all unbolted the bottle and ripped it out .

My hope was that the pump filter was blocked , but once out and identified which ones is which, I realised there's no filters on these pumps :mad: saaaake!

Which means only one thing :( pump was fubarred! As a elimination process i swapped the pumps headlight washers for windscreen and built it all back up, I new the jets are okay as they are fairly new and I was sure the lines were, so tested and they work mint better than ever since I've owned the car, so guessing the pumps been shot for ages!

Come in expecting a biggish ebay bill , £5.88 free delivery ! Winner so that's on it's way , ill swap it when it comes for a full set of working washers ! Woop lol

Really wish i could make this fit hahaha

null_zpsba63a27d.gif

null_zps2e9401e7.gif

null_zps2e5bb71a.gif

What a awesome bit of kit :D Oh well maybe one day :D

Well after trying these units i put my original CD player back in and it stopped working :mad: checked all the fuses and messed about a bit and couldnt get it work :(

After a brew i had a more patient look , looked at the fuse on the CD player okay , and everything was working interior wise so it must be CD player related, looked at the ISO and one of the wires had come loose :S daft but enough !! so i plugged it in and now have a working CD player wooo !!

Steering wheels going tonight :D wooo

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Bit drastic but could you not mod it so the climate control is lower so it will fit?

Well today has been a busy one , in between working I managed to get a day off, so thought I'd tackle my headlights , cleaned them down and got the 3M kit out !

Taped up around the lights and started sanding them down, got about half way through and found that the battery life is SHOCKING on my new drill :/

Gutted really , was hoping get them mint , but it's not to be , I've still got a lot of tap , so going to get some proper sand paper and work down , the 3M kit only has 500, 800 a disc and compound, which has cleaned them up and taken alot of the hazzing off , but I can still see fine scratches , so going to start again at 800 and work to about 2500 I think ! Oh well :/ it'll do for now !

Washed the Clio today it's come up great :) headlights aren't that bad after all , still going to clean them up more but the hazing has all come off :)

Only down side is I've noticed the drivers side headlamp washer is now leaking since the new pump has been fitted , checked the jet and its leaking back from the jet :/

Looks like a trip to Renault again as I'm sure there still under warranty :/ if not new jet soon !

Well this has been a busy week/weekend!

Clio was up for MOT , which I decided against doing myself , I prefer somebody else's name on the cert looks better imo!

So put it in and it failed :O lol nothing major , Offside track rod end had excessive play , which I didn't feel at all but once up it was knackered , so ran in work yesterday , didn't get any photos yet but I decided no point doing one of them!

Rang my local parts friend , a legend when it comes to this car may I add ! He priced them up for me with my discount , £7 for normal ones each or if I wanted the better OE spec ones , £11 each ! Lol

As you can imagine , I got 2 of the OE spec ones delivered down to me :)

Fitted them Saturday , and refitted the Cat for emissions , passed happy days but I refitted the decat and didn't have a lot of time , so I chucked it back together , and after about 20mins it's starting blowing from the rear joint :mad: pain in the arse , thinking if getting a sleeved decat and being done with it lol will see!

Also took it down to a mate of mate at ATS , he did a full laser alignment for me , I wasn't that far out to be honest but I like it perfect ! :)

So another 12months on her now just need sort the blowing decat !

And I've had a message today from Snappy, My steering wheels ready to collect tonight :) photos to follow :)

As mentioned earlier , I've been to Crewe tonight to fetch my replacement steering wheel off Snappy, and all i can say is wow , like usual his work is outstanding !

It has taken him two weeks which I'm over the moon with, I had a replacement wheel anyway, see above for condition which I dropped off with him so i was in no rush, and with me dropping it off and collecting it, its cost me £120 which again over the moon with !

Ive had to take a few photos of it of course , and because my iphone has been sent back for the 5 time , ive had to use the DSLR for some quick photos , very quick so excuse the quality !

Photos to follow in next post as i cant get flickr working lol

Steering wheels on :D

Sorry for the crappy IPhone photos , ill get better ones when I have more time !

null_zpsd56a0727.jpg

null_zps416513ed.jpg

null_zpsf34216a2.jpg

And the battered Track rod ends that have been replaced :)

null_zps32c5a36f.jpg

im now selling my original wheel if anybody is interested ill put up a post and photos !

Well I won't lie it's been a while since I've updated , not much has been going on with the Clio apart from driving it ! Lol

I found a set of braided brake hoses the other day for sale , the lads makes then himself, his work looks half decent and a few people have said they have them fitted and work awesome so thought I'd take a shot !

They were £35 delivered for the full set , front and rear which is a bloody bargain imo !

Here's a photo

null_zps3d982626.png

i wasn't to sure about having braided hoses but it won't do any harm and for £35 why not!

Also today been given a set of Clio 197/200 floor mats with the proper Renault sport logos , I like free stuff , they needed a good clean , which the Valeter at work sorted , and now they are in , I'll get a few photos , don't fit like a glove but they fit pretty well!