ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reset clio 172 immobiliser formation.

clio 172 ph1
My battery slipped out of its slot when I dropped the key earlier. Ive managed to unlock the car but the imkobiliser wont disable. I seem to remember a formation where you put ypur foot on tje brake and accelerator and hold the door lock button but cant rember it. Can anyone help as im stuck on it as we speak miles from home!!?

Clio 172 Phase 2
My battery slipped out of its slot when I dropped the key earlier. Ive managed to unlock the car but the imkobiliser wont disable. I seem to remember a formation where you put ypur foot on tje brake and accelerator and hold the door lock button but cant rember it. Can anyone help as im stuck on it as we speak miles from home!!?

Only one I know of, it's - Get in the car, lock the doors from the key, put key in the ignition, and hold it cranked (position 3) for 30 seconds (technically should only turn over 3 times if the immobiliser is stuck on), after 30 seconds stop, remove the key, unlock the car, get out, lock from the outside. Then unlock again as normal and try to start. Worked for my old Clio, but might have been a slightly different fault.

Hope this helps.

RB 182
My problem was a bit different to yours but give the below routine a shot. It worked for me when my immobiliser light was staying on, it has been fine ever since!

Turn the ignition on for a minute, then off, lock the doors, unlock the doors, open then close the drivers door and try to start it then.