ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

resistor on my 182....at least dick turpin put a mask on when he robbed folk!!!

renaultsport clio182
hi peeps, just had the resistor pack changed on my 182...not having to go into details as to why, i'l just go straight to the point.
as im no mechanic i thought the best thing to do would be to let a proffessional do it just in case.
£260 later and its all sorted......£260!!!!!!!!:mad: i think the part was only £103 from renault, which i thought was steep anyway, but no way was i expecting £157 on labour.....i know the majority on here will have prob sorted this common fault themselves, but has anyone been fleeced like this :clown: before?

Audi A3
mate, its a 2 minute job.

just to swap a resistor pack over?

i bought mine for £20 off a guy on here and did it myself and im rubbish at fixing things

Audi A3
sorry mate.

if i were you though mate, and if it's a big garage id be going back asking what exactly they have done to warrant that labour charge?

renaultsport clio182
now the same garage have only quoted me £35 per wheel to get them all refurbed...which i thought was mega cheap, so why the huge bill for the resistor i do not understand :Syou certainly do learn from your mistakes tho....haynes next a think lol

clio sport 182
i have to laugh, i thought the same, i had to get mine done a few weeks ago, still didn't fully fix the problem so cars back in the garage tomorrow, there giving me a curtesy car for the day............................................a twingo :(

Dodgy one
Was it main dealer? You have probrably paid for a diagnostic fee also, which will be an hour straight away

Skoda fabia Vrs
i done mine for £3 no joke. Changed the MOSFET myself! you have been ripped off mate sorry

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
As above, you should go back and ask what they done to warrent that labour charge?

Ive got my MOSFET today and im going to try fix mine tomorrow before i fork out 100+ to renault.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
+1 Done mine myself, just need a soldering iron and some patience and it's a few pound to fix, just follow the guide. No way labour should be that much especially when they are just swapping the part out.

renaultsport clio182
anyway, more problems now. the heater now turns on and off as it should, but i cant turn the heat down now, iv read some threads saying its very expensive to fix and around 10 hrs labour, then iv read some that says its an easy fix????

renaultsport clio182
iv just had a new resistor pack fitted....£260 + labour, that sorted the constant blowing from the fans, just the heat now that wont go onto cold....colud it be the thermostat?