ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoration Man; Mk1 Naples Valver.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
pmsl! f**k you! youre the one who was like " aw dude, this is gonna be minty mint mintola yada yada" and your wheels are all kerbed, just thought id be a good friend and point it out! cause im good like that. my wheels are brand new, no marks, no kerbings, ill swap you for yours? theyre proper silver btw, sparkles n everything x

I've highlighted my response to you.

Punto/Clio GTT
LOL. maybe when youre finished dressing like a girl, you can try rubbing some glittery lip gloss on them to give them sparkles?

120d M Sport
What are you on about??

Why would I rip it apart? Its been taken apart to paint it. Then it gets put back together. Then its finished. This isn't a massive project. Its not even a big one.

It will be finished by 11pm Thursday 2nd of August. Ga-ron-fcuking-tee.

Alright wind your neck in. I said that with your other mk1 project in mind so I hadn't completely lost my marbles.

Once you start spending big moneys it can be easy to get carried away as u see on here so many times.

The respray is a good move for sure.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The other 'project' will never be finished, That car will be with me until I die. Its a part of the family!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Great to see a valver being returned to former glory. Miss my Williams and valver. Will have another Williams one day for sure. Awesome cars

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
And money... Its literally like pouring it down the drain. I reckon by the time its finished it will owe me over £2500.
Don't worry mate when I got my 182 fixed the bill was £2700

I almost fainted. Didn't matter though as I love it.

P.s this Naples is amazing

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice! Is this one of the ones I linked up on facebook a few weeks/months back? Still tempted by one of these for a bit.

Good work, Fatty.

I wanted one of these so badly when I first got a Clio. Had it all planned that I'd get one after a year. Had to be Naples. Then I just couldn't find a decent one. Got impatient and bought a 106. Fail. Lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looking forward to seeing it at CSS, naples when its mint (rather than the now standard issue patchy pink) is a great colour for a mk1.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Agreed... only total idiots do this.........lol

BTW where the hell you gt roof trims for £54 a side as RPD could no longer get stock of these from france?...Fortunatly ive managed to get some pretty mint omnes off a poverty spec car with no curling fading etc etc... new clips and jobs a goodun lol

wpid-20120711_195720.jpg

wpid-20120704_112624.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Agreed... only total idiots do this.........lol

BTW where the hell you gt roof trims for £54 a side as RPD could no longer get stock of these from france?...Fortunatly ive managed to get some pretty mint omnes off a poverty spec car with no curling fading etc etc... new clips and jobs a goodun lol

They're on Renault Back order. The dealership I used to work for can get them in 11 days - 2 weeks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My painter has just spoken to me and he's had a cancellation.... Its being painted tomorrow.... :D

I'm going down to flat and polish it friday morning then start putting it back together.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm a bit gutted I couldn't get down there tomorrow morning to get some pics of it in primer.

I'll see what I can do.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm a bit gutted I couldn't get down there tomorrow morning to get some pics of it in primer.

I'll see what I can do.

No mate. I'll get CSS out of the way then i'll probably advertise it. If I don't get what I want for it then i'll gladly keep it, its not going to de value. My only concern is not having anywhere to store it as I don't really want it parked outside after spending £££ getting it painted.

53 Clio's & counting
No mate. I'll get CSS out of the way then i'll probably advertise it. If I don't get what I want for it then i'll gladly keep it, its not going to de value. My only concern is not having anywhere to store it as I don't really want it parked outside after spending £££ getting it painted.

That i can understand mate, you do have another mk1 to finish before llandow ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Got painted today but I have hmrc to thank for me not getting down there to take some pics of it. Cant wait for tomorrow now though. Proper excited!!

Looking forward to seeing this done, I sat in a naples red one at the 1995 nec motorshow and knew I had to have one, bought a Monaco one in 96, takes me right back seeing this in standard trim.