ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

resurected from the dead

RS 172 cup
As some of you might know i flew round the country in search for a very very cheap clio 172 cup 1. for a cheap run about and 2. just cause i fancied another one, well over the last 2 months with alot of beggin/borrowing and stealing i managed to get this....

th_IMG00006.jpg

jumped on a plane from bristol to newcastle paid the cash drove down the road, called RAC told them i had a crash and had it recovered all the way home anyway with a massive thanks to G4Z and steve79 it now looks like this

th_IMG00030.jpg

th_IMG00032.jpg

th_IMG00034.jpg

th_IMG00035.jpg

yes its a cat c but all in all it was bloody cheap, and kept me out of trouble for a couple of months, drove it tonight and it drives sweet as a nut its off for an mot then off to vosa for a vic check then back to dvla for some rent all this friday

i know its not a massive project but its been a bit of fun last bits to do is put the front apex's on line up all the gaps and job done

comments most welcome

FD

ps the camera is s**t

Last edited:
  RS 172 cup
im trying what going on why can i make them work ?

sorted

list of parts

both head lamps
n/s fog
both fog surronds
gen bumper
gen bonnet
new front chassis
n/s skirt
n/s pretensioner
washer holes filled and flushed
40mm apex's on the back fronts to go on
stainless stelth cat back
new screen
just need to decide on the lip spoiler prob cupra r

on friday it will owe me 2100 all in and on the road, hi 5 for me, me thinks

Last edited:
Hope you got it back together on the cheap :)

Did the RAC guy not wonder where the rest of the bits off the car where? lol

RS 172 cup
Hope you got it back together on the cheap :)

Did the RAC guy not wonder where the rest of the bits off the car where? lol

they were in the boot dude, did wonder why the disks were corroded said it happened a week or so ago, no more questions job done

Breaking mk2 DCI
heres hoping you goes through the VIC ok[/quote]

nice 1 mate what year and mileage is that on?

the VIC check is purely a vehicle identity check, takes bout 20 mins just checking the v5 the chassis no. an engine no. all marry up,

top stuff mate how long did it all take you?

RS 172 cup
Nice! Have to come to a local meet now :D

Im up for that, even though my mrs aint happy im on my 4th cup she thinks im having a midlife crisis, as i have gone from a c32 amg to this but i just love them ! they are like a box of pringles

May have to switch come renewal time, ha!

do it brother, aa are spunk, i got mine free with the bank but i have rac for those naughty jobs i need picking up

heres hoping you goes through the VIC ok

nice 1 mate what year and mileage is that on?

the VIC check is purely a vehicle identity check, takes bout 20 mins just checking the v5 the chassis no. an engine no. all marry up,

top stuff mate how long did it all take you?

she is highish miles 80 some thing but im not fussed i have a spare motor and box if i ever need it, but the car its self is in bloody good condition - the dent boys are coming next week to do their magic on a couple of bits - took me on and off about a month waiting for parts and weather, using argos beute tools and s**t like that, but she is nearly there, front apex's are going on friday morning, and so is the cupra r spolier for the front bumper i will get some good pics up then, oh and its back to the body shop for the bonnet and bumper to be wet flatted and buffed so it blends nice with the car, but your not allowed to laugh at the colour of the calipers !! LOL

RS 172 cup
very nice

love the idea of ringing the RAC!

Bad aint i lol

BUT a very eventfull day today but she passed with flying colours, and the cupra r spoiler and front apex's are on will get some pics up at tomorrow bit dark at the mo, so we are fully road leagal