ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro and Sportscar Action Day Bmw M3 Crash

PH1 iceburg
I hate the noise of a car crash, and thought of that driver thinking "s**t what the f**k am i going to tell the missus"

A4 Avant
Ooooft. That'd gotta hurt. Good to see they got out so quickly.

Lucky you turned round at the right moment.

M135i
Shame. Was it a csl too?

What actually happened? Couldnt really see from the vid, but looked like it was quite a fair bit down a straight.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Me with the orange wheels! :D

Any pics only found one of mine coming in the pits and was out for 3 sessions :eek:

Yeah ouch!

Attachments

• 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 131
Great catch Jim, nasty crash.

Don't ever remember a car going off that far from the exit of Quarry. A few racing incidents heading that way, but certainly not on a track day.

Caterham 270R
Me with the orange wheels! :D

Any pics only found one of mine coming in the pits and was out for 3 sessions :eek:

Yeah ouch!

I've got loads of footage ( video) You got it sideways ( BIG time sideways afew times );) Its having the time to go through it all..

He got a tank slapper 2 laps before trying to get the a** end out and then this happened. Doh;)

Dont think its a Csl ??

Caterham 270R
Great catch Jim, nasty crash.

Don't ever remember a car going off that far from the exit of Quarry. A few racing incidents heading that way, but certainly not on a track day.

I think we have watched more trackdays than most over the years Chris ( at castle combe) and i cant remember one that far up the straight.

Better check my footage

Caterham 270R
I've got loads of footage ( video) You got it sideways ( BIG time sideways afew times );) Its having the time to go through it all..

He got a tank slapper 2 laps before trying to get the a** end out and then this happened. Doh;)

Dont think its a Csl ??

Good spot :approve:

Whats the difference between Csl wheels and M3 wheels:eek:

i don't think i'll be able to port them over, but i've a couple of comedy vids of people through Quarry before the chicanes were put in; might have a look in a bit

53 Clio's & counting
must have braked late, and lost control, though thats a really flat piece of track, so god knows

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172

That was my attempt at killing the budget tyres the wheels came with ;)

I did notice some camera's up there so thought i'd be rude not too :nono:

Video would be ace :cool:

must have braked late, and lost control, though thats a really flat piece of track, so god knows

Seen a few cars with a serious wiggle on coming out of Quarry and a little way down the straight, usually spin onto the harmless infield though if anything.

Very odd, especially as I'm sure Jim would have carried on filming his exit out of Quarry had it looked a bit dicey!

53 Clio's & counting
yeah wiggling out of Quarry's fun lol, but he must have still been unsettled when starting to brake which is one big no no

Caterham 270R
Seen a few cars with a serious wiggle on coming out of Quarry and a little way down the straight, usually spin onto the harmless infield though if anything.

Very odd, especially as I'm sure Jim would have carried on filming his exit out of Quarry had it looked a bit dicey!

Agreed Chris . it wasnt that much out of shape on that lap:S:S

GP2
Just shows you how easily it can all go wrong. Not massively dissimilar to how I bumped my 172 on track.

PH1 172 Sport
I don't understand why people don't take insurance out on trackdays.

The CSL has a curved spolier built into the boot lid so its just a normal M3

Turbos.
Could be a CS which is a half way house, otherwise a normal M3 with the wheels.

That is really nasty, got to feel for the owner! Will see if he is on Mtorque and will report back!