ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro sucks ass........

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i started with this on sunday...you all said..nice job..cheers

100_1142.gif

little did i know that the clip on the inside of the centre cap was gonna break, then the cap didn't fit properly, then the clip snapped and i lost the cap.......i managed to find it on the side of the road after going back on my journey, was quite lucky

100_1154.gif

100_1155.gif

went to have it fixed at a metal workshop, he said he'd done it, and it looked ok, so i put it back on, then it fell off again but damaged the wheel on the way, so now i have the spare on and have to refurb the wheel again, so its now masked and sanded and primed.....all over again, need a new centre cap also

100_1153.gif

100_1152.gif

anyone want to buy it.....i give up?

'92 172, Lotus Elise
unlucky :(

I did something similar.

Spent ages polishing my rocker cover, then dropped it on tarmac :(

sucks

Lee

BMW M2C
I've only done retro once and that was with a Valver.

valver.jpg

The day I picked it up I was heading home on the motorway when I heard a strange noise. I just ignored it and carried on. That was one of the centre caps flying off at motorways speeds. Luckily it didn't hit anyone or anything, as the car had 4 metal centre caps.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If it were me, i'd be having some satin silver steelies on low-pro's! They look mint!!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
lol.....maybe sell these then once i have refurbed that wheel again then....

cheers for chearing me up guys...

with this, the dents and scratches i found the other day and the fact i seem to have contracted the lurgy my day is going real well

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
lol.....maybe sell these then once i have refurbed that wheel again then....

cheers for chearing me up guys...

with this, the dents and scratches i found the other day and the fact i seem to have contracted the Clap my day is going real well

:eek:

M

mini-valver

I have a similar story! Refurbed my 172 wheels and painted them white, 2 days later the wheel weight fell offand left a big silver patch!

Chin up mate, still pretty much the best around......