ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revive or break? 200sx..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A mate is short of cash at the mo and cant be assed to break his old 200SX so he has offered it me for £150 complete. It has however been front ended. It needs the slam panel pulling out (not badly), new wings, front bumper and bonnet. All of which can be had second hand for £50 i've found. Its an easy job i spose but really dont know if its worth it for a bit of fun? Or i may just break it as i've seen engines for £300 and this is running and runs around 230bhp..

how it used to stand -

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

now do i just make money or have fun..i'm not so sure its worth spending on..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He's just informed me its just missing the exhaust aswel (sold it) but does have a standard centre section with back box. Has a spare T25 though..lol

Turkish i've found all the parts local to me from a broken car for tres cheap. Different colour mind you..my mate would spray it if i wanted but it wouldnt be the best.

Its also an excutive so has a lsd etc..

TBH the different colours would add to the rat look imo. Maybe even rattle can a couple of them matt black and just abuse it personally. f**k about drifting it and generally cable tie the bumpers on etc ;)

3209548258_d22fe20a6c_o.jpg

3208700767_a87c65d02b_o.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Lol i've been offered a bumper already drilled for cable ties!

I'm going there tonight with a mate to fire it up make sure its still sweet. Then itll be going to my mates unit (garage) to see what we can do..might just pull the slam panel out with a rope and land rover..lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The coombe is no distance..

He only lives 2 mins from work. I'll pop down at lunch and have another look me thinks. I was just going to break it so wasnt too bothered but its got me thinking. Damn sxoc..lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
could easily be done...hmm i've got to think this out.

Last edited:
  A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i sold him my old short shift..he's a good chap. Mine was quicker though..lol

I'll never forget when his car was over heating and he just undid the rad cap...boom!

lol sounds about right. i don't know if he's planning on making it any faster it just seems to sit there now. it was on form once it came back from horsham developments though...backon the standard rims now too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
His with the 19's and mine was the next black one in..

DSCF0913.jpg

DSCF0916.jpg

those pics are oooold though!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
those piccys must be old. it hasn't looked than mint in an age. he should have gone all the way with getting it mint....

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
those piccys must be old. it hasn't looked than mint in an age. he should have gone all the way with getting it mint....

Just had a look. Was April 07! lol! I was there when he had those wheels fitted..looked good in the metal but a bit big imo. Last time i saw it, it was still decked but looking a bit shed like..lol

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
Just had a look. Was April 07! lol! I was there when he had those wheels fitted..looked good in the metal but a bit big imo. Last time i saw it, it was still decked but looking a bit shed like..lol

yeah i think his intrests are elsewhere at the moment thats all. bit of a shame though as it could be very tidy. known him since we both started driving.

actually i'm gunna give him a text in a min see what he's up to lol...april 07 wow... i was driving a saab 9-3 aero with some abbott racing goodys back then..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
that is perfect for 150........

otherwise we miay be interested at work here for a project.....pm me if you like

We'll see..;)

yeah i think his intrests are elsewhere at the moment thats all. bit of a shame though as it could be very tidy. known him since we both started driving.

actually i'm gunna give him a text in a min see what he's up to lol...april 07 wow... i was driving a saab 9-3 aero with some abbott racing goodys back then..

He txt me a little while back asking if i still had my 200..

Ah my weston super mare boy racer days. You've probably seen most my motors about at some time..lol

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=390234

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
used to be a laugh back in the day.... hmmm what happened to that black valver?

I sold it to some lad..Not really sure to be honest..lol

The Blue valver hybrid was the quick one. Rapid infact! Used to love scaring people in that..

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
ah right. used to know someone with a black valver and theres not too many of them around and he sold it to a mate of mine and then it rotted away....don't remember seeing the blue one. although i used to bang around in a white renault 19 16v chamade and a black saxo vts...

now look at me lol... degraded and in a diesel lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is, for what i could break it and sell it for i could probably get another Mk1 Valver to hybrid.

RWD and Turbo's are more fun though..:)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
do it and if u want a hand tom gimme a shout i will come sort it out with u!

i thought the executives were auto's though, and all s13 facelifts had a lsd... the exec was in that colour with leather seats and a auto box iirc... if it is an auto they are easy to convert...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
do it and if u want a hand tom gimme a shout i will come sort it out with u!

i thought the executives were auto's though, and all s13 facelifts had a lsd... the exec was in that colour with leather seats and a auto box iirc... if it is an auto they are easy to convert...

Actually i think your right about the lsd but it has one being a L reg facelift. Its a factory manual though. It has the leather too but its a bit rough. I'd rip it out anyway i spect..

I keep looking at bits and to be honest my minds running wild! lol

I could just get new wings and semi kit it for not much money too..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
its strange every exec i have seen has been auto lol, but they are good fun anyway, i would be tempted to weld up the diff, stick the front end on or look for a sileighty front, and paint it nato grey or make it artic camo with matt paints, there are some banded steels on sxoc and driftworks for sale too, would get them, stretch the fenders out, coilovers and a bozo style exhaust then cable tie it all together, would look badical then!

stick a gtir t28 on it, a cheapy front mount and a boost controller and u will be laughing!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
its already got a Saab fmic..I like your thoughts. Sileighty front = p**n. What do T28's go for at the mo? Hmm strange, well he's always owned it as a manual and it was standard when he got it? Maybe its rare..lol

ValverInBits
its already got a Saab fmic..I like your thoughts. Sileighty front = p**n. What do T28's go for at the mo? Hmm strange, well he's always owned it as a manual and it was standard when he got it? Maybe its rare..lol

anything without a 'G' in the name is pretty farkin cheap these days mate. GT2860RS are impossible to come by second hand and are mega expensive, whereas T3s are all over ebay for £100 in mint condition

Saab FMICs are a great little intercooler. MASSIVE frontal area and not really restrictive below 350bhp i've heard.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah alot of S13 owners seemed to use them. Def better than the Nissan wing mounted one that cracks! lol!

Well i get 2 working T25's with this car..:) T28's used to go for around the £150 mark with a bit of play in my day

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh 100-200 for a t28... t3 would be a laugh but you gotta f**k around with the manifold and u will need it remapped, a t28 u can get away with easy, a t25g would be good fun too!!

like i said mate u want any help or ideas i know my way around 200's i will give u a hand and can spray pretty well with a rattle can :)