ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right, give me a good reason to buy a 182

The Jinx

Cant believe all you lot going on about the toys. You gaylords.

Real men dont need toys. Best thing I did was ditch my "toy"-riddled 02-plate dci. Toys just slow you down.

If I had that in my pocket Ralphy Id be looking at the used market.

You could get yourself an S15 Silvia turbo, a VX220, an Elise, an Integra Type R. Thats only the recent stuff. You could save a bit more cash and get some older weapons.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

If you need convincving just read any magazine with tests and proper comparisons to so called rivals.

This is a Clio site so most are going to say Clios because we own one,go to the Honda site and ask the same question,they will mostly say the CTR.

There are quite a few ex VTS owners here and all i can say IMO is the 182 is everything the VTS is and a whole lot more in every department.Its what i imagined the next generation VTS to be.

Do it man !

You could choose the 182 over the HtypeR on pure performance.

Although it has less power, the power is more useable and comes in at lower rpm. It also has less weight meaning the power/weight is about the same but the braking + cornering can be a little sharper and the smaller size leaves more room for manouver.

Then you could choose the 182 over the HtypeR on value.

Although it has smaller 16" rims, only 5 speeds in the gearbox and no spare wheel, the 182 does have climate control (£1000 option for HtR, and even then only A/C) and front fogs (£700 option for HtR). The 182 also has traction control and ESP (which attempts to prevent those daft accidents caused by poor drivers or lack of attention). And the 182 has much lower insurance costs (many of the newer cheaper companies will insure the 182 but not the TypeR). After all that its over £1000 cheaper and Renault will talk better discounts making the difference more like £1500!

So it seems the 182 has all the bases covered over the TypeR, and thats its strongest opposition!

Go for a CTR mate, lets keep the 182 as rare as possible!!

I can understand why you want rid of the VTS, they are fast taking over from Novas as the Chav motor of choice!!

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 06 August 2004

Cant believe all you lot going on about the toys. You gaylords.

Real men dont need toys. Best thing I did was ditch my "toy"-riddled 02-plate dci. Toys just slow you down.

If I had that in my pocket Ralphy Id be looking at the used market.

You could get yourself an S15 Silvia turbo, a VX220, an Elise, an Integra Type R. Thats only the recent stuff. You could save a bit more cash and get some older weapons.

its not about driving 100mph everywhere you go you know.

The Jinx

Didnt say you have to. But the cars I mentioned are far superior weapons than the 182 for the same money.

The toys bit is still true though.