ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring Doorbell

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you’re not fussed about the 2k camera the older eufy is on offer on Amazon at £70 with the chime

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PVDLWQW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I have the eufy 2k battery doorbell fantastic product way better imo than ring better build quality etc no fees either so factor that in when you buy also doesn't look like you are looking through an old school goldfish bowl like it does on most ring cameras 🤣

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Think someone else has tried sending this link and I get the same error.

Screenshot_20211112_114308_com.android.chrome.jpg

Leon FR ST
Got a ring doorbell for Christmas, just looking to install it and noticed there are warning stickers that I am using a ring doorbell. Do people have these up? Do I need to?

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Got a ring doorbell for Christmas, just looking to install it and noticed there are warning stickers that I am using a ring doorbell. Do people have these up? Do I need to?
I have mine up is a deterrent at least. I did read that if your recording you need to tell people hence the stickers

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that a prosecution cannot take place if the stickers are not easily seen.
Stupid law if that’s the case.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that a prosecution cannot take place if the stickers are not easily seen.
I'm sure your right when I put cameras up at my yard I had to put stickers up as well

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Nah, thats rubbish. Especially for domestic situations.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just seen this thread as I'm looking into getting one.

Do people recommend getting the chime as well?
Also is there much in this compared to what Nest offer? (I've not researched either properly yet)

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I went for the Nest as we already had the thermostats, so probably worth considering depending on whether you have/plan to get them too…

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Also is there much in this compared to what Nest offer? (I've not researched either properly yet)

Last time I looked when someone used the Nest doorbell it'd automatically output the video from that doorbell onto your Google Screen.
With the Ring you had to ask Alexa to show the doorbell camera.

Small difference, but to me kinda defeated the point of the Ring cos you might as well just go to the door than faf around getting it to do what you want.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I fancy getting a nest or ring doorbell plus a heating control like what nest offers.

is there much benefit for getting both door bell and heating control from the same company.

Also we all have iPhones in our household, not sure if that make any difference to which system we’d be better getting.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I fancy getting a nest or ring doorbell plus a heating control like what nest offers.

is there much benefit for getting both door bell and heating control from the same company.

Also we all have iPhones in our household, not sure if that make any difference to which system we’d be better getting.
I have Nest thermostats and a Ring doorbell. I don’t feel like I’m missing out at all having two separate system.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus

Keep looking out for deals. I got a Ring on Black Friday from Amazon. £89 for the doorbell, or £99 if you wanted it with the chime. Or there was a 3rd option of the doorbell plus an Echo Dot 3, both for £67.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Keep looking out for deals. I got a Ring on Black Friday from Amazon. £89 for the doorbell, or £99 if you wanted it with the chime. Or there was a 3rd option of the doorbell plus an Echo Dot 3, both for £67.
I had a quick look last night and they've got a deal on their website for the ring doorbell 4 and chime for 154. Normally 208.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Just ordered an indoor camera too, reduced from £29.99 to £19.99, add it the basket via Alexa and you get it for £14.99. (Can only do it for 1 camera).

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve had the Blink doorbell for a little while now, it’s great for the money. I’ve created an Alexa Routine so when someone presses the bell it automatically brings up a video feed on my Echo Show. Why it doesn’t do this automatically I don’t know!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered one of the blink doorbells with the hub and free echo dot yesterday, not tested it as it will be for the new house.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Piece of piss
Oh and the quality, picture looks okay, sound quality is crap, when a car goes past it sounds all weird and echoey, probably doesn’t help though that my door is down an entry. One of the biggest bug bears I had with the old Chinese one was the delay from being triggered to recording, for instance if someone came to stick some junk mail through the letterbox I’d get a notification and check the recording, by the time it was recording they’d just be leaving the entry. I just checked this one and when I checked the recording and it had started before I’d even finished opening the front door.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
So the blink doorbell is crap, takes an age to connect, wont connect if not connected to the same WiFi etc.

Looking at the following:

Eufy 2k doorbell
Nest doorbell
Ring doorbell 4

What does everyone have currently and any reviews?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
We've got a Ring 4 and I can't fault it tbh.

I wasn't arsed for one but my other half really wanted one, so we compromised and got one. Battery on it is really good, even with it being set off by people walking past multiple times a day, never had any connection issues, flags up quickly on both our phones, quality is good enough and preroll comes in handy.

Obvs downsides are paying the subscription but it's paid for itself when we've been away or at work and someone's tried to deliver something. Just makes things easier.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've got one of the wired Ring ones. Its great tbh. Needs a strong WIFI signal though!

Also it says it needs a AC feed, mines running fine off the 10v DC my gate controller gives out!