ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring Trip Photos (OWNED Tour ’05)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Just got back from the trip to the Ring this weekend. What a fantastic few days, a really unvelivable place. Nice to see the Clios doing some serious ownage out there!

Pics of the weekend are here: http://crowspeed.net/photos/RingTrip05/album/http://crowspeed.net/photos/RingTrip05/album/http://www.press.renault.co.uk/image_gallery/Clio/R_2331-.jpg

Big thanks to all the others on the trip who all made it one to be remembered for a long time, and particularly Jon for putting the trip together in the first place and for the insane passenger laps.

Whens the next one then guys? :D

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Do you not need GB stickers anymore when you go abroad then?

Looks like you had a good time btw!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 21 June 2005

lol tell me the astra didnt reverse into the 911 in the car park?!

I think they left the handbrake off (good idea after running round a track) but must not have left it in gear (BAD idea!) so it rolled back into the 911 :p

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Rick on 21 June 2005

Do you not need GB stickers anymore when you go abroad then?

Yeah you do. We did have GB stickers on the boot, just not that many shots of our cars when there was all the other stuff to drool over in the car park :D

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 21 June 2005

if you have a GB Euro style plate do u still need the GB badge?
No, you dont need one in that case

172, Tiguan

He picked it up really well actually. Took him out for a quickish lap first thing on Monday to break him in gently ;) then went round for a lap in the 5. By the end of the day he appeared to be going well.

Just sorting out my pics now, I have one decent one of him.

E90

I didnt manage to Own jon if anyones intrested, I did however manage to out showboat him, by drifting through one bend, LOL ;)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

good to meet everyone, nik, ur car sounded the nuts! got some good footage on the video camera too

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Cheers Clart, if you can get any of that vid on the PC it would be good to see. Ive got some video that ill get uploaded tomorrow.

David, the cameras a Sony DSC-P71. About 3 years old now, but I still cant really fault it for picture quality.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Nik on 22 June 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Cheers Clart, if you can get any of that vid on the PC it would be good to see. Ive got some video that ill get uploaded tomorrow.<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">David, the cameras a Sony DSC-P71. About 3 years old now, but I still cant really fault it for picture quality.

very true, i have a sony T1 and also cant. Its just I thought from the quality that the pics must have been from an SLR.

E90

Nik dude?? Can u send me the pics of the Yellow 997 and red Gt3, I feel an ownage photoshop coming on, cause me and tommy hammered em, LOL Wont let me save from yr album :(

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 22 June 2005

nice nic! Cant save em tho!
You should be able to save them now Iain, ive turned that feature off.

yes, you can save them. I dont know if Nik would like me to explain how though!

[Edited by Chris Green on 22 June 2005 at 11:35am]

EDIT: hes changed the setup of the page now anyway!

RX-8

Yeah just wanted to say a big thanks to Jon for sorting it out and showing me the lines every one else for making it such a great trip and the dude in the GT3 for taking me out what a great car!! really was the b****cks crazy place and cant wait to get back.

Shame about filth though, should have gone for it friday seriously that american bar was crawling with it!! ;)

172, Tiguan

:oops:

Love you all muchly as well. Thanks everyone for coming! lol.

Think ill write a report of the trip or something, looking forward to seeing the DVD.

Filth on Fridays. Clearly!!

Will be on MSN tomorrow, boss is in today.

Need to get the car booked into Reno....

Fair play.

Looks like the weather was nice for you guys!

Glad you all bought your cars back safe - when are you going again?

Did anyone overtake that Supra that appeared to be boasting big bhp?

Dave

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

didnt even see that supra go out. He said he did a lap, and on the 3rd corner something went bang and it dumped all its fluids everywhere. DOH.

Ziel Nurburgring

Day after tomorrow, lol. Should be good, This weekends looking good for opening hours

Time to Tag the ring i think! CS colours to appear at the Carousel shortly.......