ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP

clio sport 172
I think my flame red 172 is dead!
We got rained off on Tuesday and was on my way home when i took a detour to drop my mates off. Id had some fun with a V8 commodore ute but had slowed right down to negotiate a series of roundabouts.
As it was the first rain in ages all the roads become really slippy where there are diesel spills and stuff and as i was going round the first roundabout at normal speed the back end twitched out .I pulled it back in but then the whole car swivelled 180 degrees and sped up so we headed backwards straight into a high kerb with the back wheel setting the airbag off and a massive bang. As we got the car off the road about another 10 cars nearly lost it on the same spot.
I drove the car home and could hear a wheel bearing type noise but when i had a good look later on the back seems to have all twisted. The catch on the hatch is out of line, the rear belt tensioner has gone where the baby seat was, trim has fallen off the passenger door and the airbag in the seat ripped the seat bolster apart.
Will update soon but its not looking good....oh well, the Megane 225 may be here sooner than i thought:eek:

Insignia SRi
I done almost exactly the same thing about a year ago.

New rear axle, air bag, wheel and re upholstered seat and oh £2k later it was fixed!!!!:D

Cooksport Fleet
I had the same thing on ice. But i only clipped a curb. It was new disks and pads (needed replacing anyway) new stub. And obviously a wheel referb!

clio sport 172
I done almost exactly the same thing about a year ago.

New rear axle, air bag, wheel and re upholstered seat and oh £2k later it was fixed!!!!:D

So at least its fixable:D and the insurance are picking up the bill if they decide not to write it off.

I cant post any pics cos it was straight to the crash repair shop for the insurance quote, and to be honest there was nothing to see. It would be fun to video the same roundabout next time it rains and post that, in fact if i did that i could probably do the shire for negligence with all the spills id have on film!