ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robiniho's 172 Cup

BG DCI
After driving a gruelling 6 hour round trip to view and then a 5 hour round trip to pick up I bought this 172 Cup.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?623678-Clio-172-Cup-in-Norfolk-%A32900

Had looked at a lot of adverts and emailed a lot of people but this one sounded so well looked after and once I had spoken to the previous owner I knew it was the one for me. It already had some good modifications to be started with and was pleased that these had been done along side looking after the car as well.

I was looking at a standard 172 really but for the spec and condition this was too much of a bargin in the end to miss out on.

Current Spec:

- Ktec stealth exhaust system (new rear exhaust mount fitted)
- Ktec De-cat pipe
- ITG Panel filter

- Ktec engine mounts
- Polyflex dogbone mount- Brand new renault shocks
- Eibach Sportline Springs
- Whiteline ARB
- Ktec Top Mounts

- Speedline 2118's
- Brembo HS front disks
- Pagid blue front pads

Made 168bhp on a rollin road in 2010.

Have been really pleased with the car so far. Power is a lot more than expected from a 172 and the handling is on the dot. So tight with the springs and ARB. I do 300 miles a week with work so looks like it will be a tank a week as long as I'm careful! ;)

Future plans are to keep the car as mint as I can renewing worn parts with renault items where possible. (changing the wheels from white to a more oem colour, one not for the purists of speedline 2118's) If I decide to keep the car long term, I would look into getting some more power. Maybe ITB but I've had 2 quick N/A cars now so possibly the turbo route.

Will update pictures tonight when i upload them off my camera after her clean yesterday.

Thanks

Liam

BG DCI
Update 1:

Fitted the decat with a friend yesterday. Was a pig to do with 1 axle stand and a socket set. The manifold end was ridiculous to try and hold a socket inside the bay to undo the nut under the car. Eventually got there after a lot of swearing and fitted the Decat. It sounds a lot raspier and revs a little more freely with not being 'too' much louder. MOT isn't due till December so will keep it on I think till then unless I find it too loud!

IMG_0713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 40
  BG DCI
looks very clean :) got any more plans to do to it ?

Keeping it mint and tidy! Want to change the wheel colour as its a tad 'out there' for my liking. Got a few renault parts to change over: Gear gaiter, gear nob, thumb grips ect.

Will then look into some Renault diamond's colour scheme with the wheels. Re painting the callipers all round in just plain black.

After that front and rear strut braces and 2 services a year!

Looking forward to ownership!

BG DCI
Update 2:

After my first full tank of driving I thought I would keep track with the computer of fuel and milage! Only as I was curious due to me doing alot of driving a week!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330979913.340172.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330979937.376244.jpg

On half a tank: 155 miles @ 38.4mpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330979959.218794.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330979997.282087.jpg

By full tank: 331 miles @ 38.0mpg

This was with 70% motorway and 30% Town driving with a few iron footed pumps.

Think being a little more sensible I could do 375 miles to a tank which would be amazing, on the motorway it's brilliant!

Need to get a new gear Gaitor and plastic, am thinking of getting a Minnie service done for peace of mind, with plugs / leads / oil filter and oil change.

Cambelt is due again next Jan so want to get that done ASAP now, again for piece of mind.

Fitted my de cat pipe and think it might be blowing a little so am going to pop to the local exhaust place for them to have a quick look as well!

All for now!

Liam.

BG DCI
Update 3:

Picked up my aux connector from MT Audio this morning. Fitted it all up in 20 mins in my office car park at lunch!

Ran the cable from the HU down to the ash tray taping the connector box to the plastic covering in the passenger footwell!

Worked really well but will be looking for a way of getting an oem look instead of just the aux wire coming out the bottom of the ash tray.

Results:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331224094.700794.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331224137.968475.jpg

Also fitted my new gear gaiter from Renault £9.29 at the dealership. Looks loads better than the fraying mess before!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331224231.756297.jpg

Loving the car after just over a week! Had a tease with an Audi A6 3.0tdi off a few twisties last night and was practically kissing his rear bumper! Very satisfying!!

Thanks

Liam.

BG DCI
Update 5:

Been having a think about improving the Clio and making it more my own!

Trying to put together a sensible list and order of what I would like to do. Maybe not in order yet but want to write down as I go along to not forget things and to have some direction:

- Paint front grills gloss black
- Give the engine bay a good clean up
- Front and rear strut braces
- 2118's in black / graphite
- Bullets colour coded
- Leather Recaros
- Major service and Cambelt change
- Paint Calipers
- Take her on track
- Coilovers of some sort

Will add more as it comes to me! Looks like a good start!

Liam.