ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's 220 Trophy

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted by the cup spoiler? Personally think they look great with them!
Couldn’t agree more.... but you seen the price of them?! [emoji23]

http://www.autohaus-waldow.de/Aerodynamik.60107.html
I'm not sure, especially at that price!

I quite like the look of the standard spoiler, it suits the squat purposeful look of the car.

I do think the cup spoiler looks the part, just not something I'd want fitted to mine.

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Oil and filter change this evening.

Was surprised to open the filter box to find...

A. The filter has a bloody hologram on it!

B. It's made by Samsung!?

Nice and simple, and it's a joy to have easy access to an oil filter that doesn't end up leaking down the front of the engine!

I also replaced the cabin filter, which was a bloody nightmare!

The old filter came out easy, but put up a real fight going back... To top it off one of the plastic tags on the housing cover broke off so it no longer secures!

That'll be a phone call to Renault tomorrow then. Which I'll imagine will cost me about £50 for a sodding piece of plastic...

b68c447be727f7e3df6b9bfc53a2b143.jpg
ece9002cb2d742b14ae150f6da6490b1.jpg
ca0c4f6ca95b861a399c4831d189c585.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0097.JPG
    DSC_0097.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0098.JPG
    DSC_0098.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0099.JPG
    DSC_0099.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 304

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Capture2.JPG

Part number 2:
If its a DENSO marked part then its the one below
Capture.JPG

if its a VALEO marked part then its 27 27 637 45R @£40.42

Last edited:
  LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Oil and filter change this evening.
Nice and simple, and it's a joy to have easy access to an oil filter that doesn't end up leaking down the front of the engine!

Just had mine in for the first service, is there an access port for the sump plug or is it a cladding off jobbie ? I noticed there was a port for the oil filter, glad some Japanese common sense finally made it into a French car ha
I was quite surprised the air filter isn’t included on a first service, for how little they cost.

Last edited:

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Your right there is an access hole for the filter, but the under tray needs to be removed to gain access to the sump plug.

Only a few 10mm bolts and torx bolts, so not too bad!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Show us then ya little tease
Popped over to see my mates Harry and Mike clean their rides... R32 GTR and Monaro respectively!

The Monaro is supercharged and at a tame 650bhp, whilst the GTR is at an even tamer 530bhp [emoji23] the Skyline will be joining us at CSF all day on track [emoji106]

Next to two amazing cars mine is fairly insignificant, but it does look good in the sun!
DSC_0103.JPG
DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0105.JPG
DSC_0106.JPG

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome day at RS Tuning! 4 hour drive there, and back... Just got in but well worth it! After a session on the rollers, I'm over the moon with the results!

Before mapping: 211bhp and about 220ftlb

(Paul said he's seen as low as 198bhp!)

After mapping it was much better! 253bhp and 267ftlb [emoji16]

More importantly it's like a completely different car to drive, and how they should be from factory!

Attachments

• _20180508_204318.jpeg
    _20180508_204318.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 368
  • DSC_0114.jpeg
    DSC_0114.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 352

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Gave the car a good clean today after work. so took some photos to show off the results!

The Trophy has been fantastic, and is smashing its current job of the commute, and sitting in traffic...

A few weekend blasts and I'm really getting used to the gearbox now. When it's in 'Race' mode, and the box set to manual it has some impressive pace.

Counting down the days to CSF18 and the Trophy's first outing on track. For me this will be its real test, and will be the final decider on whether I've bought the right car.
DSC_0119.jpeg
DSC_0121.jpeg
DSC_0122.jpeg
DSC_0123.jpeg
DSC_0124.jpeg
DSC_0125.jpeg
DSC_0126.jpeg
DSC_0127.jpeg
DSC_0129.jpeg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Get Kris 2 do u sum Grafix mandem.... wikid bruv.
Good shout mate, you should see what he's got planned for his Focus, it's going to look awesome!

Cannot picture you using the word 'mandem' [emoji23]
Good choice squire, lighter wheels better unsprung weight. Can't wait to see them on [emoji108]
Thanks bud, I'm also very excited. Should be with me by the end of the month.

Found out I don't need another set of TPMS sensors, as it runs off the ABS which is nice! [emoji1303]

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Good shout mate, you should see what he's got planned for his Focus, it's going to look awesome!

Cannot picture you using the word 'mandem' [emoji23]
Would this be more in keeping?
Robert, you should enquire to our mutual friend Kristopher to see if he can furnish you with a compliment of self adhesive emblems to enhance the characteristics of the car in line with the youthful stylistic route you have chosen, these would surely be a supreme and exciting addition to your vehicle.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to seeing what this looks like with the new wheels on
They're on! Now... The photos are crap, the car is filthy, and I couldn't of picked a more uneven piece of concrete to park the Clio on. [emoji23]

But I'm happy! The steering feels completely different (in a good way) as the wheels are so bloody light.

The colour combo is very marmite I know, and I'm still a little bit shocked myself.

Will get some better photos up over the weekend. What do you all think!?
DSC_0142.jpeg
DSC_0143.jpeg
DSC_0144.jpeg
DSC_0145.jpeg
DSC_0146.jpeg
DSC_0147.jpeg
DSC_0148.jpeg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I like it!

Ride height doesn't look too bad. A very slight drop would improve it, but it looks pretty good.

Needs the big wing though :p

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'll be brutally honest... It looks s**t. Everything classy and modern about the car has been taken away.

BUT don't listen to people's opinions. If you like it you like it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk