ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Glacier White R26 TrackCar, Corbeau, Sabelt, AST'S

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
ASTs look great :)

I'll be interested in you thoughts on them for road use. I'd like a set for my R26 but not sure if they'd be suited to doing 18k miles a year.

BMW E36 328
ASTs look great :)

I'll be interested in you thoughts on them for road use. I'd like a set for my R26 but not sure if they'd be suited to doing 18k miles a year.

Thanks alot I love how they look :)

I wouldn't like to do 18k a year on honey haha but I'll let you know what there like. Are you looking at coilovers?

Nice to meet you today mate, cant wait to see this pass me at Oulton ;)

Likewise :), although I didn't get to see your car run as we nipped off for food before it went on. Heard it made good power though?

Stunning car this 'I will allow you to pass me'

lol.

Thanks, will look a million times better with a detail, which I need to get round to doing :).

Looking good mate! Cant wait to see this at oulton!

Thanks :) it's getting there, you will have to bring a helmet as I'll take you out :).

Not bad :p

#racecar

;) yeahhhhhhh #racecar but I'm waiting for parts so #racecaronhold ;)

Car is coming along nicely Rob. Those Ast's look mint and we already know how good they are! :)
I hope to see your car on track mate see how you compare to my .r with your new mods!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks alot I love how they look :)

I wouldn't like to do 18k a year on honey haha but I'll let you know what there like. Are you looking at coilovers?

I'm undecided whether I should get AST coilovers or BC Racing coilovers or Cooksport springs with new oem dampers.

BMW E36 328
Car is coming along nicely Rob. Those Ast's look mint and we already know how good they are! :)
I hope to see your car on track mate see how you compare to my .r with your new mods!

cheers Josh is getting there slowly. I agree they look awesome really. I think you and you driving style could beat anything round track mate ;)

Josh, are you coming to oulton? Sorry for the quick ot comment rob.

boooo haha ill let you off.... This time ;)

Mine did ok, I'd of liked to break 300 just because :) but it's plenty quick enough.

always want more you clio owners ;) haha. I heard it went pretty well.

I'm undecided whether I should get AST coilovers or BC Racing coilovers or Cooksport springs with new oem dampers.

AST's are a great kit tbh, but probs not best suited to 18k road miles a year. Springs and dampers may be a better option?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I suppose I'll spend less time looking in my mirrors with the meg but I really want get the clio on track where it belongs. .

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Just read through the whole thread, epic car. Will be good to see it going in Oulton. Fancy an R26 sometimes, but I've ploughed so much effort into the Clio. Plus I know my way around the car very well, it's so easy to work on

BMW E36 328
I suppose I'll spend less time looking in my mirrors with the meg but I really want get the clio on track where it belongs. .

You would, you would :). Well I suppose there is that aswel, get the Clio out not as much to worry about if anything goes wrong :)

Just read through the whole thread, epic car. Will be good to see it going in Oulton. Fancy an R26 sometimes, but I've ploughed so much effort into the Clio. Plus I know my way around the car very well, it's so easy to work on

Thanks alot, it's getting there bit by bit now :). I'm looking forward to getting it to Oulton now, get it properly set up Friday. That's the thing it would be a shame to just end up leaving the Clio. I agree with that, the clios are much easier to work on and much cheaper to buy parts for. The Clio goes well round Oulton though doesn't it.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
You would, you would :). Well I suppose there is that aswel, get the Clio out not as much to worry about if anything goes wrong :)

Thanks alot, it's getting there bit by bit now :). I'm looking forward to getting it to Oulton now, get it properly set up Friday. That's the thing it would be a shame to just end up leaving the Clio. I agree with that, the clios are much easier to work on and much cheaper to buy parts for. The Clio goes well round Oulton though doesn't it.

I've only managed half a day in Oulton, brakes leaked last year so stopped me doing a full day. It was my fault as I'd worn the pads down to the back plates! Driver error

BMW E36 328
I've only managed half a day in Oulton, brakes leaked last year so stopped me doing a full day. It was my fault as I'd worn the pads down to the back plates! Driver error

:( hopefully the brakes will be fine for the 16th. I had the pads wear right down on my last trackday, it's the side of my car has gone all rusty lol. Need to get that sorted tomorrow :)

BMW E36 328
Well the last few bits turned up today so I could finally finish the getting the car drivable again :). Seeing as we had to remove the shaft resulting in loosing a little bit of box oil it seemed a good time to change the box oil, it's a job I've been meaning to do for a while now but one of those jobs I've never go round to doing. I ordered 2 litres of Fuchs TITAN SINTOFLIID SAE 75w-80 synthetic transmission fluid from opie oils. Really impressed with the delivery time only took a couple of days :)

image_zpsc44e63a3.jpg

simple enough job, with an oil pump as there wasn't a lot of room to fit a hose down from the top so just pumped it in :). And finally the stabiliser bars from ktec turned up today aswel. So fitted those at the same time, easy enough job to fit cut the boots off the old bars, held the thread with a pair of grips and buzzed the nuts off :) then used a load of copper grease to stop them seizing up if they need to be removed in the future :)

image_zps1a4b4020.jpg

certainly don't look like £112.08 worth of stuff, total rip off.... And the old bar compared to the new :)

image_zps4d0e5a8d.jpg

with all that done, we raised the car up about 10mm, removed some of the camber so I can drive It to blink motorsport on Friday. Just needs a good clean inside and out now :). Next up will be to replace the front discs and pads before Oulton.

BMW E36 328
He tried, and somehow got it in his mouth... some people...

the end squirted off the pump when my arm got tired haha

bad times I know.... Nothing a good was hasn't sorted :)

Lol, having a nightmare recently!

WAS..... Hopefully things are looking up now.

LOL! Using the pump I take it?

yeah lent the pump off jord and did it that way, I'd like to say it was mess free but it wasn't haha. Easy enough to do though, cheers for the link on the oil btw

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Ah you do make me laugh sometimes. It smells bad enough so I can't imagine what it tastes like.

I really need to get my arse down to a track day you're doing. I've only really seen the car in the snow.

BMW E36 328
Well had a little issue with the suspension tonight, went to lower the rear a little and set the damping on the two rear shocks. Set the damping on the left rear to full soft, went to adjust the right rear sock and the damping adjustment knob was just stuck. Couldn't move it at all, removed the shock from the car to see if I could turn it with easy access, but still couldn't turn it. So I set the height anyway and popped it back on the car (bit worried by this point), so I tried again to adjust it on the car with no luck. In the end decided to give Josh Cook a quick call to see what the issue could be as I couldn't get hold of Curtis. After a quick discussion with josh I left it with him, phone rang about 30mins later saying it could be an issue with the shock being gassed up. Somehow josh has managed to get the car booked in at AST tomorrow at half 10 to have the damper repaired and a free alignment/set up. Pretty chuffed with the customer Service from Josh thanks a lot for that :). Cars washed, filled up and ready to hit the road early for a trip to see Curtis at AST :).