ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roller Pig’s 172 Cup Progress Thread

After selling my Monaco blue 172 back to its old owner, I’ve been on a look out for a racing blue 182 but then after waiting for a lift home one night after work I had a quick look on gumtree and found a standard 172 cup. After a quick phone call to the seller I was on my way to Cambridge to view the car, exchanged some money over and now I own a nice 172 cup!

It’s on 117k but have a folder full of invoices was told the belts and phaser was done 18months ago but have no prove so I’m gonna get them changed for piece of mind. Noticed that the drivers engine mount has a polly insert and also pollybushed dog bone as well which is nice and saves me having to do that!

So Here’s the car,

So apart from giving this a damn good clean and getting the wheels refurbished. I’m planing on keeping this mostly original, I’ve noticed that the front end sits rather high and that it’s possibly got different front springs fitted so I’ve ordered cup shocks all round from RPD and some cooksport springs too.

Hope you enjoy.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
After selling my Monaco blue 172 back to its old owner, I’ve been on a look out for a racing blue 182 but then after waiting for a lift home one night after work I had a quick look on gumtree and found a standard 172 cup. After a quick phone call to the seller I was on my way to Cambridge to view the car, exchanged some money over and now I own a nice 172 cup!

It’s on 117k but have a folder full of invoices was told the belts and phaser was done 18months ago but have no prove so I’m gonna get them changed for piece of mind. Noticed that the drivers engine mount has a polly insert and also pollybushed dog bone as well which is nice and saves me having to do that!

So Here’s the car,

So apart from giving this a damn good clean and getting the wheels refurbished. I’m planing on keeping this mostly original, I’ve noticed that the front end sits rather high and that it’s possibly got different front springs fitted so I’ve ordered cup shocks all round from RPD and some cooksport springs too.

Hope you enjoy.

Can't beat a good cup ? you won't go far wrong with the cup shocks and cooksport springs, what I had on mine before I added coilovers. Are you near Cambridge or did you travel to Cambridge to buy?

Cheers guys, yeah the front dose sit rather high and I noticed it's got possibly a normal 172 spring or a standard Clio springs, but looking forward to having some new cup shocks and some cooksport springs fitted should transform for handing as it's shocking at the moment!

Mintno1 I'm down in East Sussex so had to travel to Cambridge.

Well not much has been going on with the cup, been having to sort out my girlfriend Proton Satria GTI getting through its mot.
The cup shocks and cooksport springs have arrived, I've ordered genuine topmounts and front shock dust covers so waiting on them to arrived hoping to get these all on and fitted next weekend. So hopefully a proper update to follow :)

Finally got round fitting the new cup shocks and cooksport springs over the weekend, all was going well until the drivers side front suspension top nut holding the plate and spring in was rounded off! Spent a best part of an hour getting the nut off! Turns out why the front end was so pissed the drivers side suspension had a totally different spring fitted!
So new shocks, springs and top mounts all fitted, I’ve also chuck on my old 172 wheels on while I’ll get the turini’s refurbished
Not got round to driving it yet but I know all this will make a massive difference compared to what was originally on.

Not many images of the front unfortunately.

Rear shocks blown

New shocks and cooksports

Front spring in question!

How it currently stands with the ph2 172 wheels

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
good work. some freshly refurbished turinis will make a huge difference. hope your going for oem silver? nice to see another cup being shown some love. great little cars.