ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Results For RS Clios

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Re: RR results for 1*2s

Get the inlet done and that could go up to 187.5bhp.

Whats a 1.2 Trophy?

That's the figure it made, not 177, not 178. The 1.2 Trophy bit is just a joke. It's down to the fact that I have Turinis, Trophy spoiler, splitter and 1.2 badges.

I've just re-checked the figures, 177.5 bhp and 154lb/ft. RR'd at The Racing Line with a Dyno Dynamics road.

Last edited:
  Clio 182

ONEEIGHTTWO - 182, GDI, GDI, 201, Need to check. RR Graph at work, Cam's, matched Manifold, SMT6, ITG Panel filter.
I've added a prospeed exhaust since, but I don't know what difference that will make. Also could anyone tell me if its worth getting a remap again since adding the exhaust? Cheers
Paul.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Intresting you say that as I had my bog standard 182 run there a few weeks ago and it made over book at 185 bhp

A few people commented that it over reads but other cars where bang on the book figures. The thing that is odd is how low the @ the wheels figures are.

Powerstations rollers alway sgive really low atw figures, something to do with how they correct for tranny losses.

It was definitely over reading a lot when we went, freezing cold temps might have upset things though.

I read about a 172 cup in Feb 07 edition of PGTI today that had cat cams, itbs, exhaust etc done at GDI. Big 2-3 page feature on GDI again in the mag. It made 227bhp and 171lb.ft I beleive on mass's r/r.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

there are some in the spread sheet with no torque figures, how have they got bhp figures when you need torque to figure out the bhp?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

i bet half of these figures arnt corrected and what percentage are people using to get the fly figure,the other thing to remember is just cause a car makes 220bhp with fancy cams etc thats peak power at say 7000rpm its gonna be gutless at say 3000rpm

Last edited:

I will add all the new figures when I get a chance.

matty I am hoping the info will show up the bullshit figures (what would the fly figure on yours be?) Gdi owning the top places..... check the specs out there are no cammed or ITB'd cars from anywhere else.

I suppose at the end of the day an rr read out doesnt mean s**t. I said to gdi I was hoping for around 205bhp and the excel spreadsheet they gave me when I picked up my car gave me 205bhp I adjusted it on my computer to read 240bhp but unfortunately my car didnt feel any quicker;)

Anyway let people make there own mind up from the figures.

cup 182 mit stripes

When the weather gets better everyone should come up to Glenrothes for a rolling road day on Falkland's dyno, it appears to be accurate.

Stoddie might put us up at his place. Jesus could sleep in the shed.

V6 Exige, GTR R35

When the weather gets better everyone should come up to Glenrothes for a rolling road day on Falkland's dyno, it appears to be accurate.

lol, that guy can sleep at the park bench at the end of the road!

will get mine up later today - need to try and find the graphs as im not at home at the moment.

193 mk2

172 mk2 193bhp 182lb/ft. RR'ed at mass racing & chip tunning. matched inlets, magnex 2.5" catback, janspeed decat, itg maxogen, smt6 work done by Angelworks & GDI.

will get mine up later today - need to try and find the graphs as im not at home at the moment.

where will your mum sleep then?

and what makes this RR any more accurate than any other? all to be taken with a pinch of salt really, I'd say mine's more likely to be around the mid 220's realistically, but hey, 240bhp sounds much better ;)

V6 Exige, GTR R35

where will your mum sleep then?

and what makes this RR any more accurate than any other? all to be taken with a pinch of salt really, I'd say mine's more likely to be around the mid 220's realistically, but hey, 240bhp sounds much better ;)

i live by myself - ask your mum and sister for directions they know where it is

I did ask them, but they don't know of any half way houses in Fife for recovering crack addicts... but anyway, lets try and stay on topic... so, GDI leading the table, anymore for anymore?

V6 Exige, GTR R35

I did ask them, but they don't know of any half way houses in Fife for recovering crack addicts... but anyway, lets try and stay on topic... so, GDI leading the table, anymore for anymore?

sorry forgot met them in a travel lodge the last time..... :clown:

V6 Exige, GTR R35

172 mk 1 215/200/207/207 (GDI/falkland/wallace/star performance) GDI, approx 183 lb/ft (depending on where it was taken!) Cam's, matched Manifold, omex 600 ITG maxogen, 182 manifold. custom de-cat. magnex zorst, mild head work. balanced bottom end, lightened flywheel,

yeah they told me, if you type "dick like a baby's little finger" into google a picture of your nob comes up, need to save it as a bmp and resize it though, or you'll miss it.

hmm, even after all your bitching and moaning your car's made consistently over 200bhp and you still have it, so you cant be that unhappy with it :lolup:

V6 Exige, GTR R35

yeah they told me, if you type "dick like a baby's little finger" into google a picture of your nob comes up, need to save it as a bmp and resize it though, or you'll miss it.

hmm, even after all your b**ching and moaning your car's made consistently over 200bhp and you still have it, so you cant be that unhappy with it :lolup:

well your mum certainly wasnt complaining!!

reason i still have the car is im away from home for about 8 months of the year - it does about 40 miles a week if youre lucky! so not really any point in getting rid.... it does the job for now.

love you xxx

hmm, even after all your b**ching and moaning your car's made consistently over 200bhp and you still have it, so you cant be that unhappy with it :lolup:

well your mum certainly wasnt complaining!!

reason i still have the car is im away from home for about 8 months of the year - it does about 40 miles a week if youre lucky! so not really any point in getting rid.... it does the job for now.

love you xxx

she would have complained if she could stop laughing :clown:

so for 40 miles a week your happy to let a car worth however much just sit there depreciating..? just proves how stupid you are I suppose... not that it was ever in question really...

Looks like Fred goes to the top of the performance tree!

really need to pull my finger out and uprate my cams and get the engine itself done... does Yoz still run the cup as his daily car and what sort of miles is he doing, not sure if I fancy having all those mods on mine and running it like that...

Lionel Richie

yeah its back on the road LOL!!! he's doing some mileage, but the sump gasket is leaking, so ANOTHER thing for me to fix :(

V6 Exige, GTR R35

am i actually gonna get the money back ive spent on it? simple - NO!

so why sell it? was even thinking of buying a dc5 and have them both sit on the drive way....

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup

Hi Mark, please add me...

182, gdi, vauxsport ltd, 184.4 bhp, 154.7 lbft, cams / inlet match / smt6 / maxogen / prospeed decat exhaust. Bit low for my liking!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

I will add all the new figures when I get a chance.

matty I am hoping the info will show up the bulls**t figures (what would the fly figure on yours be?) Gdi owning the top places..... check the specs out there are no cammed or ITB'd cars from anywhere else.

I suppose at the end of the day an rr read out doesnt mean s**t. I said to gdi I was hoping for around 205bhp and the excel spreadsheet they gave me when I picked up my car gave me 205bhp I adjusted it on my computer to read 240bhp but unfortunately my car didnt feel any quicker;)

Anyway let people make there own mind up from the figures.

i'll have to get the graph from my moms house for the torque figure,i think the fly figure would be about 187

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

182, gdi, vauxsport ltd, 184.4 bhp, 154.7 lbft, cams / inlet match / smt6 / maxogen / prospeed decat exhaust. Bit low for my liking!

With cams! hmm that is low.

Get rid of the SMT6 and come see us for a remap. I'm sure we can say hello to 200 and 170lbft with that setup.

Cheers

Paul

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Why not arrange a dyno day for all different modded clios on the same dyno then all the results will comparable to eachother?

Remember this:
DYNOS ALL LIE!

Cheers

Paul

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6

somethings not right mate :S did you notice any performance difference after? if it goes better then thats all that counts.

yeh rr is only good to compare your car before and after to get a idea of how much it has improved etc...
personally il be more happy with the car peforming better on the raod rather then on a print out.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

somethings not right mate :S did you notice any performance difference after? if it goes better then thats all that counts.

yeh rr is only good to compare your car before and after to get a idea of how much it has improved etc...
personally il be more happy with the car peforming better on the raod rather then on a print out.

its alright saying if it goes better then thats all that counts but its gotta gain power to be quicker

am i actually gonna get the money back ive spent on it? simple - NO!

so why sell it? was even thinking of buying a dc5 and have them both sit on the drive way....

you dont get the money back when tuning a car though, I thought this was common knowledge?

I say sell it because you say it's getting no use and it's sat on the drive losing value, again, pretty basic stuff... but yeah, 2 cars depreciating on the drive is a much better idea :lolup:

A4 Avant

It would be good to see all these cars run on the same rolling road. I know results still wouldn't be 100% accurate due to operator error and other variables, but you'd get a much better representation of the figures with them all being on the same day and same-ish conditions.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

^^^Yup

Go to a Dyno Dynamics in shootout mode and there aint much room for user error :)

Will be good to see

Paul

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R

Shocking! Was that the 1,500 package from GDI i take it?? They claim over 200BHP right?

I hope for your sake the car feels much quicker than those figures suggest.

I'd take up Paul on his offer and get it to its proper power.

Clio v6

It says :

Please note : Engine power does vary with each car, so no guarantees can be made as to expected power or torque (figures quoted are average taken from many customers cars)

A4 Avant

we should get all the listed cars down to RE performance for a shootout, as they are the most what I'd call realistic power figures from past experience... although the setup is slightly 'ghetto' looking lol

Where are RE Performance based? If it's not too far I'd come along, it sounds like it would be fun! See what a std. 172 can do as a comparison!