ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Results For RS Clios

106 GTi
Re: rr results for 1*2s (updated)

Torque figure for mine is 197.7 Nm @ 5750 rpm / 143.8 km/h

Not sure what that is in lb/ft and was rollling roaded at Powerstation.

Clio 220 lpg

I'll have results for my clio 172 rally car in a week or so hope to knock most of you down the order !!!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

All these results mean nothing as all the dynos are different. I have put a 182 on well lane and it ran 202 after my map and on a "propper" dyno only 186. We need a rolling road day ;)

Paul

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

rr day tomorow at northampton motorsport, 30notes a run, bhp and torque printout and will be in pgti. there is another thread here but no1 showed any intrest

cup 182 mit stripes

Does the Hillpower road not give a torque reading? Must be the one Fred Flintstone uses.

Turbos.

Well that would be ironic considering 'power' doesn't exist. Power is calulated from the torque figure, the only thing any dyno can read.

All these results mean nothing as all the dynos are different. I have put a 182 on well lane and it ran 202 after my map and on a "propper" dyno only 186. We need a rolling road day ;)

Paul

Yes but how likely is it everyone is going to get to the same RR on the same day? - not gonna happen unfortunately.

I agree you cannot make direct comparisons with all of them. But can at least compare those that ran on the same RR (hence getting everyone to name which one) with some confidence. Maybe it will show which RR's consistently over-read too.

As long as you take it for what it is, this table is worth having IMHO.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

There are alot of RS's doing a RR day tomorrow, maybe some members would be happy to post there results?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

I think the most accurate dyno for a renault is a realtime plot from the clip :D

Tangoed Works

for reference, RS182 are sposed to have 200nm or 148 lb/ft as standard

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Nope, we have tested 3rd and 4th and providing the rpm calculation is done the result is within 1-2 hp!

Paul

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Does the Hillpower road not give a torque reading? Must be the one Fred Flintstone uses.

why you say the hillpower rolling road not give torque figure,i've got the graph of mine somwhere with torque and bhp,its not the one fred uses either

cup 182 mit stripes

I just said that cos the two Hillpower entrys have no torque figures.

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

i keep forgetting to get my graph,nick isnt a bhp man anyway he's more bothered about how driveable the car is,he's always very honest which i think goes against him somtimes

cup 182 mit stripes

Was talking to him on phone today. He recommends the H&S exhaust.
Do you have his induction kit, what's it like?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Was talking to him on phone today. He recommends the H&S exhaust.
Do you have his induction kit, what's it like?

yeah i've got his induction kit,seems very good its quiet at part throttle openings too which is a bonus

You can add mine to the list if you like. I had it tested (along with many others) a Surrey Rolling Road today.

182 Trophy, 14,000 miles. ITG Panel filter and Group N ECU re-map.
Max Power - 174.6bhp @ 6550RPM
Max Torque - 151.0 lb/ft @ 5350RPM

This is obviously down on the manfacturer's numbers but as everyone who was there today will testify, a standard 182 puts out about 169bhp normally and 145lb/ft torque, so I wasn't too upset!

Thanks to Saner for organising this and the guy with the stripped out 172 Cup that developed 189bhp (highest Clio of the day I think) for the loan of his pliers.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

RR results for 1*2s

and

rr results for 1*2s (updated)

are both follow ups from your thread, as mentioned in the first of those above :)

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

you said you felt vindicated, which i took to mean freed from your thread. Just pointing out that this is a result of your thread!

cup 182 mit stripes

The results of Sussex rolling road day bear out Perrie's and my experiences. Standard 182s were in low 170s and modded ones were struggling to get Renault claimed power.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Is it a dyno dynamics (ego buster) by any chance?

Paul

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Seen a vid and yes it is. One of the more accurate dynos on the market. If not a little too tight

Paul

strange, as all the honda boys who use that particular RR come to me and tell me stupid wheel bhp figures.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Not sure about the ATW figures but the fly are pretty close

And for them to advertise accuracy of 0.1hp or something daft is understandable.

Paul

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

strange, as all the honda boys who use that particular RR come to me and tell me stupid wheel bhp figures.

In my experience Surrey Rolling Road always seem to have consistant, plasable (sp) results. I personally like them because there independent, therefore don't really have anything to prove.

4 civics ran on the day aswell, 1 didnt reach stock power (Jordan) 2 modifidied ones just tipped stock and one slightly higher.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6

In my experience Surrey Rolling Road always seem to have consistant, plasable (sp) results. I personally like them because there independent, therefore don't really have anything to prove.

4 civics ran on the day aswell, 1 didnt reach stock power (Jordan) 2 modifidied ones just tipped stock and one slightly higher.

saner i thought none of the honda's reach standard 160bhp. apart from your mate who got bang on stock power.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

^^ Your memory is probably more reliable than mine.. i was obsessed with counting money ;)

My mates got bang on stock and and teh Jordon got 154? IIRC, can't remember what the stock of teh other 1.6's was sposed to be!

1*2 rr results (update2)

rr3.jpg

Turbos.
Re: 1*2 rr results (update2)

Well done for making the effort. I think it would be good if a mod could combine this with the original thread and sticky it perhaps.