ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road results my 172

Megane Trophy, Golf
Makes me laugh how you children all start saying it cant be that figure without knowing what the other persons done in first place!!! Who give a fu*k about figures, its the driver that wins races!!!!!! ;) now lets talk about ditches and CUPS! much more fun.

TVR Cerbera
Whats the material difference between HP and BHP?

good question
Brake horsepower (bhp) is the measure of an engine's horsepower without the loss in power caused by the gearbox, generator, differential, water pump, and other auxiliary components such as alternator, power steering, and AC compressor. Thus the prefix "brake" refers to where the power is measured: at the engine's output shaft, as on an engine dynamometer. The actual horsepower delivered to the driving wheels is less. An engine would have to be retested to obtain a rating in another system. The term "brake" refers to the original use of a band brake to measure torque during the test (which is multiplied by the engine RPM and a scaling constant to give horsepower).
Note: The acronym BHP may also stand for British horsepower, and it is commonly equivalent to 1 HP (= 746 W).

TVR Cerbera
Makes me laugh how you children all start saying it cant be that figure without knowing what the other persons done in first place!!! Who give a fu*k about figures, its the driver that wins races!!!!!! ;) now lets talk about ditches and CUPS! much more fun.

The point was you can't have that much torque for the amount of bhp, and we may be children at heart, we're still educated grown-ups! lol

ITB'd MK1
Surely having your car 'rolling roaded' is a little like have your penis measured?

true, its of no f**king use at all :)

not unless your having your car mapped i'd of thought ?

it's not a bad idea to have a health check done on a dyno that can provide overlayed plots of bhp, torque, AFR, and boost where applicable. These tend to be the more modern RRs like Surrey Rolling Road, Torque of the Devil, APT and RStuning which use DynoDynamics rollers. Older style dynos are absolutely fantastic as mapping tools. Sun dynos for example offer great adjustability and flexibility of hold-back loading which makes acurate load point mapping a doddle.

I spent nearly an hour doing some basic setup changes to my Nissan on the SRR rollers after a shootout session which helped me get another 20bhp. :)

true, its of no f**king use at all :)

I know how big my penis is, I don't know how much power my car has.

and you still don't know how much power your has has, because I don't believe a f**king read out from a RR unless you take out the engine and then stick in on a dyno period......but if it makes you feel happy, then so be it ;)

all RR's are reasonable for is power ATW, the flywheel power is pure speculation imho, they seem to vary so much from RR to RR?

Artic Blue 182 FF
Belive Muppet Sports Corsa is quite well known and is no question, one seriously quick motor. Ran a 12. something last time i seen it, last year at Crail and heard the stories of 400+ bhp but with JDM's rollers being dodgy as and your over optimistically measured torque result proving it, 487 bhp?? .....mmmmmmmmm :eek: = ?

to question a cars power, and to slate a place you dont know is just daft. i have helped build that corsa. i know what its made of. id not question its power.

a civic supercharged type-r ran on the rollers. it was mapped at 480 something bhp, it made 474. muppets corsa was mapped at 477. on the day it made 487 after we had done a few more mods to pipework on it.

the only inaccuarate readings are from people who have no clue about building an engine, or mapping a car, or using a dyno. if you knew, you'd not talk so much utter rubbish.

you sir are inaccurate. not the rollers.

Clio 172
Belive Muppet Sports Corsa is quite well known and is no question, one seriously quick motor. Ran a 12. something last time i seen it, last year at Crail and heard the stories of 400+ bhp but with JDM's rollers being dodgy as and your over optimistically measured torque result proving it, 487 bhp?? .....mmmmmmmmm :eek: = ?

to question a cars power, and to slate a place you dont know is just daft. i have helped build that corsa. i know what its made of. id not question its power.

a civic supercharged type-r ran on the rollers. it was mapped at 480 something bhp, it made 474. muppets corsa was mapped at 477. on the day it made 487 after we had done a few more mods to pipework on it.

the only inaccuarate readings are from people who have no clue about building an engine, or mapping a car, or using a dyno. if you knew, you'd not talk so much utter rubbish.

you sir are inaccurate. not the rollers.

thankyou mat mate!!! needed a bit of back up here like!! if these people had ever seen muppets corsa they wouldnt be bitchin about it;)