ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotary polishers

STEALTH RAIDER
For some reason, my other thread got deleted without telling me why so ill put it up again!! Thanks admin!!!

Ive had the sim 180 for around 6 months now and its getting a little on the heavy side for these long sessions. Been looking at the new compact rotary on cyc's site and it looks good. Anyone know of any other lightweight ones that have had a good review? Ive seen the cyc one on DW but the thread is unfinished. Cheers Lew

The Metabo is supposed to be superb Lew buddy. Well worth a read up. But looking into it more I think it is on back order everywhere :S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Iirc you were trying to sell your old rotary Lew? No?

I've decided to go for the CYC rotary, does everything I need and, it's lighter than a CP which impressed me and I love the size of it. Great price aswell.

My Milwaukee is giving up the ghost so I needed a new one anyway.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL! I used a Silverline for a long time, big heavy machine.

I don't want you giving it up and leaving me with the Tobster.

STEALTH RAIDER
Iirc you were trying to sell your old rotary Lew? No?

I've decided to go for the CYC rotary, does everything I need and, it's lighter than a CP which impressed me and I love the size of it. Great price aswell.

My Milwaukee is giving up the ghost so I needed a new one anyway.

I will be selling soon mate yes, but i cant put a thread on here as it will get deleted and im not a member yet. Ive had it for 6 months and its had about 25 hrs usage. Great machine, slightly lighter than a silverline but is a little on the heavy side for the long sessions so could do with a light compact one as ive got a dodgy wrist. Can you feel the weight difference then in the cyc one to say a silverline then mate?

STEALTH RAIDER
What?

Ive got the S1M180 and its a big b**ch.

Who said it wasnt? It would do me all day long if it wasnt for my wrist as i think personally that it is a good machine. I used the orange silverline previously for 4 years till it died and that was a heavier lump but still was a good machine and value for money.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL! I used a Silverline for a long time, big heavy machine.

I don't want you giving it up and leaving me with the Tobster.
I recieved mine through the post the other day. Best get training if I'm going to be holding it for 2 days!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I will be selling soon mate yes, but i cant put a thread on here as it will get deleted and im not a member yet. Ive had it for 6 months and its had about 25 hrs usage. Great machine, slightly lighter than a silverline but is a little on the heavy side for the long sessions so could do with a light compact one as ive got a dodgy wrist. Can you feel the weight difference then in the cyc one to say a silverline then mate?

Yeah mate but you also can't sell things in threads. Against the ruleeezzz! ;)

I haven't got mine yet mate but there is a massive difference in size and weight! It'll feel like a feather compared with the Silverline. So for Vert panels it'll be immense!

My Millwaukee was kinda in the middle. Good machine but really fancy this cyc one. :)

STEALTH RAIDER
Nice one Kev. I mite phone Tim at cyc tomoz and see if he has used it yet which im guessing he might have. Other than that, i round huddersfield tomorrow so i mite call in and have a nosy, lol

Not a 320d
Who said it wasnt? It would do me all day long if it wasnt for my wrist as i think personally that it is a good machine. I used the orange silverline previously for 4 years till it died and that was a heavier lump but still was a good machine and value for money.

Im sorry.

Its heavy. It works fine. I use it without problems although it gets a bit tiresome when youre working through side pannels.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Any thoughts on Dodo spin doctor? - 1.8kg
Poor.

They missed a trick with that machine. The new CYC one is what the dodo one should have been.

Who wants a machine that starts at 1000rpm?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:eek:

It weighs more than me ffs! Where do you think Durbin got his forearms from!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Power w**king iirc.

poster96097706.jpg

Megane R26
Lots of people seem not to like it, but I've recently bought the 3M machine from I4D and absolutely love it. Nice and light, everything where you need it and very well made (based on a Rupes machine, which is very good!)

I also have a CP8210, but it's been playing up a lot lately and overheats easily :(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In and out like T5 on a Friday night. :(

The 3M was a little too light I thought.

Oh my new rotary came yesterday, i'll fire pics over tonight. :) I <3 it. It's a tidy wee machine!

Ah good lad. Did I forget to reply to an email yesterday, or did you? I got busy so can't remember :( lol.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols it's pretty tidy, i'll take some with my new camera. :eek:

The speed button is actually ideal where it is, I thought it would awkward.

Not a 320d
Can just imagine Gally with a big, manly rotary polisher in his hands, sweating under the halogen lights.

OH MY WORD what a treat that would be to see.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ah good lad. Did I forget to reply to an email yesterday, or did you? I got busy so can't remember :( lol.

I can't remember either! :eek:

Can just imagine Gally with a big, manly rotary polisher in his hands, sweating under the halogen lights.

OH MY WORD what a treat that would be to see.
JD will scratch your eyes right out mate.

It's only a small polisher! Big heavy ones are only good sometimes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was waiting for my new camera to come, iirc today or tomorrow. Give me something to practice on. :eek: