ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotary switch (aftermarket steering wheel)

Trying to fit my aftermarket momo jet steering wheel.

Got the OE wheel off, but the airbag wiring and and tab joining to the rotary switch (black plastic ring surrounding the spline pictured below) don't fit through the hole provided on the boss.

Can I remove this plastic ring and tab? If so, how?

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Recaro'd 182
i took a file to my boss to get them to fit through. It is only aluminimum i think so its like cheese. they fit eventually.

I could file it so that the horn connectors and the plastic tab would fit through, but the airbag connections still wouldn't. They are too big in both dimensions.

Managed to drill a few holes here and there an snipped the connections off to re-solder inside the boss.

Now my problem is that I cant merge the male spline from the steering column onto the female spline on the boss.

F*ckin newsance

Recaro'd 182
i had a omp boss so cant comment but i know mine was a b**ch to get the connectors through until filing. i also had to fit to lugs onto the boss to drive the angular wheel sensor. i think the wheel sensor only on abs models?

Think I'll just buy a ktec boss and save the hassle. Yeah I have ABS too so will see.

Another 45 odd quid I didn't count on