ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rover 220 gti will i have him

Thats right the older 220 Gti s had a M16 Engine and the newer coupe shapes had the T series.... The 220 Gti had 140 Bhp and the newer ones have 137 bhp....... The engines are mainly the same apart from some of the things like water pumps etc were moved for easier access..... They are very torquey engines and do fly when they are up in the revs for such a heavy car they are not bad....... I wouldnt personally go for one but my brother has had the older Gti and the newer coupe

Quote: Originally posted by wkdlad on 24 April 2003

hi guys check this out just been on the rover owners club n said what i have said on ere i am goin to be racing a 220 gtin i need sum info n this guy sent me this it realy did make me laugh

If he has got 190bhp i wouldnt bother as you would get your arse whooped.As i
didnt have much trouble staying with a clio 16v in a Metro GTi 16v and i aint
kidding either...clio 16vs are not very quick...iam not saying metros are,
iam just saying clios aint By the way metro was standard so was
clio...straight line race he wernt saying sh*t

craig
Which forum??

Just to be on the safe side, reduce all weight - spare etc.

Brother in law had one totally stripped out and it was very quick. He reckoned Rover put shed loads of extra weight in the door panels so that they would clunk better for a better percieved quality. He reckoned he took two or three hundred kilos out, and it was much quicker than than the SRi130 I had at the time.

I had an un-modded valver for 3 years and never had any problems with standard 220gtis, the power to weight isnt that great.

Clio 1.8 16v

http://www.rovertorque.co.uk/http://www.rovertorque.co.uk/ but u have to have a yahoo email add to get into there forum is sh*t not even a patch on ours is like done on a chat site lol but i suppose its better than nothin!!just got this off the post as well:confused:

In a drag race even a Metro GTi 16v MPi wouldnt stay with a clio 1.8 16v,
given equal driving ability. 120bhp/tonne against 140. The Metro would be
better X-country with its short gearing and big weight advantage, provided
the driver kept the revs above 5K which gets very tiring after a while.

n this 1 which i already know i will loose

theres only one way to find out ;)

Just dont race a turbo in your clio - you will lose then.
some people realy do not know what they are goin on about i mean a metro keep up with a valver he must be jokin.

Golf GTI Ed30

Just be careful guys when picking on those Metros. Although the bag of sh*te that they are. Alot of them have the VVC engine in them which is 160BHP, which will equate to a hellish power to weight. Capable of running low 14s at Santa pod.

But at the end of the day, that just makes them a fast bag of sh*te!!!!!

But a standard one, beating a Valver, yeah righto, LOL!!!!

Clio 1.8 16v

:eek:that car should not have gold wheels only the fast cars in life have gold wheels to be fair like the willy and subarus,that car deserves pink me thinks!!

they realy are a minging looking car i mean just look at it ewww.........

n e way still not set a date or time for our race think he has bottled or sum thin prob been looking up on clio 16v n seen just how good they realy are!!!!n e way i will see him 2moro so i will set a time n date if he will:D

Mrs' valver! &myV6 veccy

that car should not have gold wheels only the fast cars in life have gold wheels to be fair like the willy and subarus,that car deserves pink me thinks!!

I saw a metro cane a subaru turbo off the line quite some time ago! Was behind it and i aint never seen anything move so fast! As soon as it hit 2nd gear it was bye bye scooby!

Personally, i think that car looks not bad for a metro! Throttle bodies on it aswell so ive read!

Clio 1.8 16v

not sure how there chat room works but i have got 117 messages all about the 16v v 220gti ere is 1 reply

HI
> Look i dont want to get in to a heated discusion about this
> but all i was
> saying was that they are not that fast,i didnt beat him nor
> him me. The
> driver knew what he was doing and the car WAS A CLIO 16v 1.8
> because it was
> my mates and there was nothing wrong with it.And by the way
> the metro was a
> single point...

The Clio was broken then.

> One last thing metro GTis are very
> underestimated cars.

Er, are they ?

> I had
> mine for 4&1/2 years and embarassed a lot of cars out there
> so much so that
> one mate of mine flogged his 1.9 309 GTi to buy a metro GTi
> and prefferd this
> to his pug(and before you ask NO i couldnt beat him in a
> straight line but
> the twisty bits were a different story)........

Youre saying a Metro will outhandle a Pug 309 Gti ? In a word, b****cks !

> Clios XR2is Nova GSis 1.6 205 GTis all had a bit of a
> wake up call
> when ever i saw one.I would suggest you get one and try it
> for a while before
> knocking its capabilities.I would definatly have another
> craig (a once proud metro gti owner)

Youd expect to beat a Nova Gsi and a Fiesta XR2i, but you wouldnt stay
close to a 205 Gti round a track, either 1.6 or 1.9 !

Elise/VX220/R26

No type of metro can ever be in any way cool no matter what the mods. Its just not possible. Metros are awful, awful cars.

Metros are awful cars, but once you stick a VHPD 1.8K series in. its a scooby killer. lol. Theyre so quick its just stupid. Were talking high 12s, low 13 second 1/4 miles

220GTis - to 93 they had M series NASP engines and T series turbos.

220GSi - to 96 had T series NASP and T series Turbos.

Both T series turbos have 200bhp standard, ABS in the cars and a torsen diff in the gearboxs. i dont know where youre getting them not handling. At Castle combe i was past a 172 in my 220GSi T on the first bend. The guy was impressed and came to have a look at my car after wed finished.

Bazz on here has a 16ver, its loud, but i doubt its a match for mine.

Ste

I dont think any 16v driver would think they could have a 220 Turbo. But a NA 220 is well in the target sight.