ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rover Shed...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think you should take all the MG kit off, make it look like a standard 25. Have an RSPB Sticker in the back. Drive it with a tweed cap. Then smoke everyone from the lights ;)

Does look so mean, has a nice stance to it!

MK2 PH1 Valver (50% done)
400+HP, Nitrous, FWD. Your either crazy or a hero, or both. I cant decide.. But s**t me its gonna move like MJ at a kiddies birthday party.. :) Well done.

Last edited:
  2.2 bar shed.
i hate rovers... but that look's mean/cool as fook

Cheers? :p

I think you should take all the MG kit off, make it look like a standard 25. Have an RSPB Sticker in the back. Drive it with a tweed cap. Then smoke everyone from the lights ;)

Does look so mean, has a nice stance to it!

Contemplated it, but then it just looks a bit gay. In essence bodywork wise though its just a standard ZR. Everyone seems to think ZR's are faster tho, when in reality they're exactly the same so its never going to be a sleeper... :(

Interesting.

Cant please everyone :p

looks great with the poke to match :cool:

Cheers dude.

400+HP, Nitrous, FWD. Your either crazy or a hero, or both. I cant decide.. But s**t me its gonna move like MJ at a kiddies birthday party.. :) Well done.

Most people would back up the fact I've got a screw loose tbh.

2.2 bar shed.
Bit of a boring update as theres limited pictures. Got some custom forgies off GB-Ent to suit my M series rods. After talking to Grant and a few others familiar with the engine - general consensus is that it should be good for 1.8bar (26psi). Limit of the engine is now the Turbo... Temptations to upgrade to a GT3037 or a GT35R, but tbh that can wait. Got bigger issues atm. Like my lack of Samco coolant hoses which are 3 weeks late. Fkers.

Got a bit done this weekend, finish uni on Thursday so hopefully some decent updates should start rolling in. Went and picked up a full ZR160 Brake/suspension setup. For a bargain basement price of £150. The struts themselves go for about £80 on ebay with the front brakes going for around £80 as well. So this leaves me £10 up and with a free 160 rear brake setup. Car used to be on hubs, now on 260mm solids at the rear. Makes no difference in braking but all the n00bs were whining at how gay it looked. Now ive got the great advantage of the ZR handbrake (chucking a fatman tied to some rope out the door would be a more effective way of stopping/holding the car).

Gratuitous pics. Socket is a 10mm long reach for an idea of scale ;)

32491_10150191787890405_509225404_12458178_7693199_n.jpg

32491_10150191514610405_509225404_12449916_233065_n.jpg

4632702914_50dffddaa9_b.jpg

4633299978_6c41b8f569_b.jpg

Focus RS Mk1
good project, any more info on this wheel spray thingyou mentioned, eg white in the day, glow at night?

2.2 bar shed.
good project, any more info on this wheel spray thingyou mentioned, eg white in the day, glow at night?

Info to come once its all done, might look s**t for all I know!

Looks like a lot of fun!

Looks like a money pit atm :/

Anyway, update. Went over to find out when my Samco's were arriving at Merlin Motorsport. This week apparently, which is only 2 and a half weeks late. Samco are a bunch of ****s is all I can conclude. Anyway, couple of pics of a new purchase.

4659888507_70f5714e95_b.jpg

4660534326_f3f43df771_b.jpg

2.2 bar shed.
Great work! Well done.

Cheers :)

Nice MBP.

Shame its old now :/

My samco hoses took weeks to turn up when i bought some for the clio

Samco's have finally arrived at Combe. Sadly I cant go get them until tomorrow which is a pain. Either way, few little bits done today.

Sorted mounts for both of my main Gauges. Boost on the left, air/fuel on the right. Going to get some oil pressure/temperature ones as well for mounting on the A pillar.

Started thinking about interior electrics more as well. Need to find space for my nitrous controler/nitrous arm switch and the switch for the bottle heater. Problem is, theres not alot of room on a Mk2 dash for stuff to go anywhere. That and ive got switches, but not the connectors at the back. So ive been thinking, relocate the hazard switch down to the bottom right by the headlight level switch. And butcher all my switches to work on aircraft style 2 way switches then mount them on a bit of carbon fibre in place of the standard facia?

Ideas?

28591_10150198707750405_509225404_12686580_3543334_n.jpg

28591_10150198706830405_509225404_12686542_6732575_n.jpg

28591_10150198708195405_509225404_12686587_7790012_n.jpg

Z4
Just seen this, awesome mate.

I used to have a 1.4 25 back in the day, was always tempted to drop a t16 in there but never had the balls/knowhow to do it!

Any photos of the rear with the mk2 bot lid?

I bet you get this all the time: but god damn it spray those door handles lol, not a big job I did mine. Oh, and sideskirts ;)

2.2 bar shed.
Dont have any pictures of the rear yet. Ive got pics of all the seperate bits but none of it sprayed the right colour and put together. Door handles will be going red once it gets MOT'ed and I can drive it over to a mates bodyshop where all the final touches are getting done.

You ever get to drive/have a ride in a T16'ed ZR ever? They are quite interesting cars. So so so lazy to drive about, but once they get going they go like a stabbed rat. Only problem atm is ive lost both sets of car keys. :dapprove:

2.2 bar shed.
4669011390_b98815b5ce_b.jpg

Samco's arrived. That brings it to £350 spent on the coolant system. For anyone whos doing the conversion right take note, its not cheap to do things properly.

Clio 1970000000
I used to have a 220 turbo coupe. Great engine. Like other have said, fast in a straight line but not so good round the bends. I had Koni adjustables on mine but it was the 3.5 turns lock to lock that ruined things. Still remember it well.

Enjoying this thread.

2.2 bar shed.
Best be ready for next Sat! ;)

Come round and help me sort this f**king omex out! :rasp:

I used to have a 220 turbo coupe. Great engine. Like other have said, fast in a straight line but not so good round the bends. I had Koni adjustables on mine but it was the 3.5 turns lock to lock that ruined things. Still remember it well.

Enjoying this thread.

BRM rack baby. 2.4 lock to lock iirc. But yea, it is a bit turn the wheel and then see what happens? Supertanker handling ftw.

gonna say pretty much the same as everyone else, not a fan of the cars but love this!

Cheers :)

Nice cost-minimised basic transportation device ya got there

Mmm cheers?

2.2 bar shed.
Lol il pop over some time over the weekend, prob Sunday fella, let you see what a proper engine looks like :rasp:

Drop me a text tomorrow

Cool beans. Proper engine? If it doesnt leak oil out of every possible hole its not a proper engine... :rasp:

53 Clio's & counting
oh dont worry it does lol

I mean to say il be round as long as my pain killers have kicked in, having proper back trouble :(

2.2 bar shed.
oh dont worry it does lol

I mean to say il be round as long as my pain killers have kicked in, having proper back trouble :(

Ouch. What painkillers they give you out of interest? I f**ked my leg up a while back, got some painkillers of my sister that were for period pain, f**k knows what was in them but I was in a good place. Driving a car was certainly off the cards. Controling my mouth was enough of a task... :cool:

2.2 bar shed.
Really like that.

Came very close to getting myself a ZR, still may in the future.

If you do, get an early mk1 diesel. They're built better than the later models and are pretty much faultless. That and with £450 of spending they're faster than the 160 petrols as well :p