ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rover Stone Grey or Ford Graphite Grey.

F56 MINI Cooper S
Going to refurb my wheels over the bank holiday, going to do them anthracite. What is darker out of Rover Stone Grey and Ford Graphite Grey?

Has anyone got any pics of either so I can see what it looks like? Ideally want it a close match to cup packed wheels. Did my old Renault diamonds in Ford GG and they were dark, but couldnt really tell on such a small surface.

Also, do I need plastic primer for the center caps, or will normal primer do?

Cheers, Jordi.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I predict that you will end up with wheels looking like potatoes and your fingers will end up stuck together.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
For the money you'll spend on supplies, you won't be far off a professional re-spray or powder coat.

I can understand wanting to do it yourself as I considered it, but the time and effort i'll put in will more than likely be undone
the first time some garage monkey puts new tyres on my car.

Oh and Graphite Grey is darker.

F56 MINI Cooper S
I've done some before, and ye when the tyres are changed they take the paint off. Normally costs me £45 to get all the parts, and 2 days of work - job done. I did my Fiesta ones and came out top notch

F56 MINI Cooper S
My Fiesta wheels that I did

P5290093.jpg

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I guess it helps knowing what you're doing then, mine need professionally sorting out due to heavy curbing.
(Previous owner honest, well most of it.) :eek:

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I did a set of OZ F1 wheels in a Ford shade of grey, they looked good under strip lighting but in natural daylight had a heavy tinge of purple. Is the colour literally Ford graphite grey, there were a few Ford greys when I tried to choose a colour

F56 MINI Cooper S
Dont suppose there is any pics of a Titanium 182 with the rover grey wheels knocking about?

Also, the rover grey looks lighter than cup packed wheels

F56 MINI Cooper S
Yeah, graphite is dark - looked at some pics on here and in some pics it looks black which is not what I want. But dont want it too light either.

Any pics of Rover stone with the whole car in view??

Rover Stone grey looks exactly the same as standard 182 anthracite.

This is Graphite Grey. Obviously on a black car, so looks more black. Would probably look lighter on a silver car.

530409_3257597492888_1655651235_2568061_1272360241_n.jpg

F56 MINI Cooper S
Yeah I like that color above, looks nice and deffo darker than the oem wheels.

Does the renault diamond come off, or do I need to mask it up?

inferno 182.
you have applied the next coat to soon or to late then! too soon and all you do is add to the coat youve put on and its runs and if too late it wont grip to the coat beneth so it runs! im a painter and timing is crusial!!! you can get just as good finish nearly with a can if you know what your doing as a gun!!!
Especially with the lacquer, as a thick coat will make the dried paint layers run, trust me I know from experience. lol

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry I learnt from my mistakes. lol

All of my badges and bullets are sprayed and lacquered to a standard i'm more than happy with,
I knew it would be a learning curve as I had no clue what I was doing before I started,
but the only way to learn is by doing and i'd be a lot more confident if I was to do it again.

Sometimes you just have to get stuck in and have a go, I wouldn't try and respray a panel or anything,
but for small pieces like badges it's well worth having a go yourself even if you're a novice.

inferno 182.
as a pro painter i wouldnt recomend this!!!! BUT! :clap:learn by you mistakes! if your confident in doing it and you can afford to pay someone to put it right if it goes wrong have ago!
Don't worry I learnt from my mistakes. lol

All of my badges and bullets are sprayed and lacquered to a standard i'm more than happy with,
I knew it would be a learning curve as I had no clue what I was doing before I started,
but the only way to learn is by doing and i'd be a lot more confident if I was to do it again.

Sometimes you just have to get stuck in and have a go, I wouldn't try and respray a panel or anything,
but for small pieces like badges it's well worth having a go yourself even if you're a novice.