ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR Day : Gauging Interest!

421 Cammed 172
Just gauging interest on who'd be up for a RR Day?

Was talkin to Kevin.S about it today and so thought i'd see who else was up for one?

I've still got to ring around a few places but i think the general price ranges from £25 - £35 per car.

Will see how many are interested and then make a few calls but there's Spec One Engineering in West Bromwich (B70 0BP) that could possibly do one, or there's always Powerstation just down the M5 (GL20 8JH).

Names Below (Copy & Paste)

1. Ad172UK

Last edited:
  More poke than viagr
I can do a RR day at my college if you like? I think we did it for £20 for 3 runs last time and were featured in fast ford magazing :approve: Ill ask around for you

ibiza cupra
I can do a RR day at my college if you like? I think we did it for £20 for 3 runs last time and were featured in fast ford magazing :approve: Ill ask around for you
could be worth a shot. where is your college?

More poke than viagr
My bad, dont think we'll be able to now as its gonna be pretty much closed through the summer :( sorry, should have checked before i posted :eek:

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I`m really up for this,have wondered what mine is pushing out,probably not a lot having over 100,000mls but it would be good to know then i could do something about improving it.

ibiza cupra
I`m really up for this,have wondered what mine is pushing out,probably not a lot having over 100,000mls but it would be good to know then i could do something about improving it.
same here. i had mine done on a mobile one and they said it was doing 142 atw but ive put an exhust on since as well as sorting out a few bits and pieces that were wrong with it so would be nice to see if it has made any difference. although the mobile ones arnt the best i dont think.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

same here. i had mine done on a mobile one and they said it was doing 142 atw but ive put an exhust on since as well as sorting out a few bits and pieces that were wrong with it so would be nice to see if it has made any difference. although the mobile ones arnt the best i dont think.

To be fair, the engines do open up...My old Cup had 4 RR sessions...the first at approx 8,000 produced 168BHp...the 2nd at around 30,000 had 171BHp and the 3rd (at the same RR as the 2nd) with 57,000 on the clock came out with 172.5BHp and the 4th (can't remember the mileage but I had a different exhaust and was at the same place as RR runs 2 and 3) came out at 176.5Bhp.

Also, the Cups tend to produce more power due to not running CC (apparent climate and Air Con do sap a bit of power)

421 Cammed 172
I'll call a couple of places tomorrow.

Anyone a member anywhere else Renault wise to boost the numbers??

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
As long as it's not too expensive + as long as it's not between 8th July and 13th August (I'll be in Vietnam) I'll probably be up for it just for a laugh :)

Lionel Richie
huntingdon, 45min down the A14 from the bottom of the M6, its the only place i go

no chance i'm going near powerstation

421 Cammed 172
Its Peterborough Kev. About 20 minutes past where we exited the A14 for FCS.

Maybe we could get some of the other area's involved if we decided to go down that way!

I make it a list of 14 people interested in this:

Ad172uk
Davesrealgood
Chris_786
Kevin.s
Tom46
Boomerbang2006
HarriBanjo
Davo172
Joshua.J
Whogotdafunk
Popie
Littlerichie
Daveski
theduck

If people are still interested then I will contact Matt and see what can be arranged

200 Gordini
Ad172uk
Davesrealgood
Chris_786
Kevin.s
Tom46
Boomerbang2006
HarriBanjo
Davo172
Joshua.J
Whogotdafunk
Popie
Littlerichie
Daveski
theduck
Curley

Spoken to Matt at TDF and will be sorting out details with him next week. Once I have details will stick up a new thread and send out pm's.