ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RR Result at RS Tuning

172 5HED
Well, Pauls amazingly acurate RR has brought me down to earth and proved what everyone says about the 197 is true, as standard its not 197BHP!!!
Had it RR'd before the cams, re-map and matched and skimmed inlet go on at...........

187.5BHP :(

Well, Pauls amazingly acurate RR has brought me down to earth and proved what everyone says about the 197 is true, as standard its not 197BHP!!!
Had it RR'd before the cams, re-map and matched and skimmed inlet go on at...........

187.5BHP :(

..then you take it to a different RR and you'll get a different result again.

White Sti Hatch
Many Miles on the Clock ??? Alans 197 with think it was 6k got 198.8Hp and Pauls made 201Hp with i think 11k !!

172 5HED
skimmed inlets on a 197?

why?

Why not?? They were taken off and matched first. Skimming it a little ensures the surfaces are perfectly flat hence a better seal when bolted back as Im sure you know.

Bio, I'm aware that on other rollers it will be alot more but these are bang on the money. We'll see what I get after the work tomorrow, car is on 11.5k miles. What rollers were the other two you mention tested on as you cant really compare between them TBH

Bazzoon, the blue bad boy was on the rollers when I got there, sounds as good as it looks!!

rps13
Why not?? They were taken off and matched first. Skimming it a little ensures the surfaces are perfectly flat hence a better seal when bolted back as Im sure you know.

Bio, I'm aware that on other rollers it will be alot more but these are bang on the money. We'll see what I get after the work tomorrow, car is on 11.5k miles. What rollers were the other two you mention tested on as you cant really compare between them TBH

Bazzoon, the blue bad boy was on the rollers when I got there, sounds as good as it looks!!

haha just thought it would be a waste of time spending half an hour setting up a mill.

surely it's no more than a year old and the gaskets would just drop off anyway.

172 5HED
:D its bloody loud when on the rollers, good to know pauls getting it sorted for us though :D!

I never heard it running on them mate just when he took it out!! Mine was loud enough on the rollers but that would've burst my ear drums, love the badges on the side too, made me laugh!

totally standard car made 96.6% of manufacturers claimed output. when you consider tolerances and the fact that the car will still loosen up futher its a good result mate

172 5HED
totally standard car made 96.6% of manufacturers claimed output. when you consider tolerances and the fact that the car will still loosen up futher its a good result mate

Well it has a decat and miltek mate but on a standard map, Paul says its good so it'll do for me!! Im just hoping I get a nice little gain tomorrow!!

White Sti Hatch
try about the rollers mate but i can say that the Rollers were spot on imo and all other 20+ cars that were run would say the same i think, hense why were goin back in a week or so....:)

Was done at Falkland Performance in Glenrothes

172 5HED
try about the rollers mate but i can say that the Rollers were spot on imo and all other 20+ cars that were run would say the same i think, hense why were goin back in a week or so....:)

Could well be true but the 201bhp one, what was it running to make that??

I saw a clio182 make 191.2 BHP on a set of rollers with an exhaust and filter??!

172 5HED
Bogo standard mate just ragged the tits off it from Day one ! (After it had warmed up though obv! )

Hmm, well if you say its right its right, im not here to argue but that seems a hell of alot for a standard car, it really does!! But Im no expert!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
All rollers are different, RR as are only useful for before and after figures. it is well known that pauls rollers do read lower than most others.

Ph1

Think the point is, if all these cars went down to RS Tuning or any other rolling road for that matter, the figures would be different even if you do belive these particular figures to be accurate.

didnt realize you were runnin poobahs inlets kev, he's put alot of time into them so should be good.

the result isnt bad at all, maybe with the mapping and cams the map will make full use of the performance upgrades you have added, look forward to seeing it tomo :)

White Sti Hatch
Think the point is, if all these cars went down to RS Tuning or any other rolling road for that matter, the figures would be different even if you do belive these particular figures to be accurate.

Im not saying there spot on mate nor am i arguing they are im just saying compaird with what 2 ran at out RR Day it seems a tad low.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
On another roller it would be over 200! don't belilve just one RR...However just make sure you like it consistent!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Unless you are taking the engine out then the fly figures are never EVER 100%.

Repeatable results are however important and i can offer this on our dyno/dyno dynamics in general. Our new dyno has been within 1hp on all the cars we previously dyno'd on the 2WD.

The reason for the test today is to check gains from these cams ;) Not for the out and out numbers.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
totally agree. RR results are purly relative

the dyno we use sometimes, shows power figures usually 10% under most others..

182 makes 166
197 makes 180

etc
etc

however K20 cars tend to run 197!!!!