ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 182, 197 or 200???

clio 182 sport
My 172 averaged 41mpg over a trip to the ring and back, that included a few laps and a bit of fun on German roads

I bet it doesnt average 41mpg over the year ....... if you left ur mpg alone didnt reset it for 6 months i would expect to see anywhere between 25-35mpg max

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
45's in a mk2 lol ......... my average atm is 26MPG altho my car isnt standard best i have had as an average is 32 really and on a long run on the motorway if im doin a slow run at 70mph i can get between 35-40mpg for that blip.

i cant say anywone's average bein 40mpg in a mk2 unless they do a serious amount of motorway miles and drive very sensible.

Lol that's what I've read on here :eek:

you must have a lead foot or a broken car to be getting worse mpg than me :rasp:

Yh I don't get nowhere near 45mpg out of mine lol made me laugh when you said uve scared yourself lol! I guess I'm just gonna have to test 1 or 2 see what they are like style wise I think they are very good looking especially the white ones with black rims and tints or the red ones with black rims and tints :)

haha, for the first few months of owning it it was just used for commutes and was always in 6th gear. I didn't really drive it quickly. And one day after reading how good they were in corners I kept my foot in it on a large empty slip road. I was going quicker than I'd have liked but kept accelerating, you know, for science, and was very impressed with how composed and undramatic it was.

The car was capable of a lot more but a public road wasnt the place to see lol

clio 182 sport

you must have a lead foot or a broken car to be getting worse mpg than me :rasp:

haha, for the first few months of owning it it was just used for commutes and was always in 6th gear. I didn't really drive it quickly. And one day after reading how good they were in corners I kept my foot in it on a large empty slip road. I was going quicker than I'd have liked but kept accelerating, you know, for science, and was very impressed with how composed and undramatic it was.

I do have a lead foot sometimes ....... my car is always serviced regular an run on V power and ive owned it for just over a year its always been looked after and as far as im aware nothing is broken on it.

the highest i ever saw before my car was cammed and had induction kit on ect was 32/33 average.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
So it's actually agreed that a 197/200 is hardly any worse.

thank The Lord that's agreed

Clio 182

every time I hit the central locking button, get in an start that engine I just have to allow the RS to fulfil its potential my mpg is a joke lol!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Lol very true.

I've read that the 197/200s can carry far more speed in corners than the mk2s. I've never properly driven a 1*2 so can't comment on that but I've been very impressed at how composed my 197 is in fast corners. I've scared myself on occasion testing this lol

But,
Mk3s have worse mpg (30s compared to 45 for the mk2)
Mk3s feel more 'grown up'
mk3s have slightly better build quality
mk3s look nicer inside

mk2s have better throttle response and respond better to decats. Decat a mk3 and you'll have a huge flat spot

i do love my r27, the pros far outweigh the cons for me

Defo agree there Mk3's are definatly better built as for the decat my 172 decatted before it was mapped the 1st time had an awful flat spot i'd probably say there equal on fuel ive never seen 40's on my old 182 and my 172 cup the trip computer tells porkies haha

Used to get 36mpg out of the Trophy and 30mpg out of 200 using the same roads.

I get better mpg out of my Megane R26 at 34mpg!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I do have a lead foot sometimes ....... my car is always serviced regular an run on V power and ive owned it for just over a year its always been looked after and as far as im aware nothing is broken on it.

the highest i ever saw before my car was cammed and had induction kit on ect was 32/33 average.

Same here pal serviced regular and use nothing but V power i get the same MPG as u my trip will say 40 MPG but i'd never get that u can reset the trip half hour later cane the arse off if it 4 20 minutes and the trip will still say your doing 40 MPG haha yet uve drank a 1/4 of a tank the computers on any clio are so wrong lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
This thread is quite reassuring lol.

glad to know my car doesn't drink more than usual :p

Re the flat spot, i have noticed though that my car has so much more of a delay in throttle response than the two 182s I've had a quick drive of. And as sir Dave said, it's almost like vtec in the way it pauses then comes onto cam

SG boost'd 200
I've had my 197 at 34.6mpg over 500 miles....then I found the loud pedal....still sitting at 30.4mpg!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I'm on 32mpg on my 197 over 200 miles so far. Although I did average 26.5mpg over 2500 miles lol...

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
33mpg I'm currently averaging.

some people just exaggerate and want something to moan about on here

all this 'poor mpg' rubbish.
Nice to see other owners saying that theirs are pretty good too

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
This thread is quite reassuring lol.

glad to know my car doesn't drink more than usual :p

Re the flat spot, i have noticed though that my car has so much more of a delay in throttle response than the two 182s I've had a quick drive of. And as sir Dave said, it's almost like vtec in the way it pauses then comes onto cam

When i decatted my 182 i dident really get a flatspot but i did with my 172 it might be due to the 182 having 2 backboxes its probably down 2 back pressure i no a few people who havent had flat spot issues on there 182's when decatted but it seems to be more of a 172 issue

SG boost'd 200
And I've seen a fair drop on my mpg since the cold weather, by around 2mpg. But I managed 29.8 over 10,000 miles....not bad at all considering that includes some full on fun ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
When i decatted my 182 i dident really get a flatspot but i did with my 172 it might be due to the 182 having 2 backboxes its probably down 2 back pressure i no a few people who havent had flat spot issues on there 182's when decatted but it seems to be more of a 172 issue

Ive never heard of decats being a problem on mk2s, tbh I don't know why it's such a problem on the mk3 lol

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Lol pain in the ass aint it there defo an issue on the 172's the flat spot is horrid aint it :-(

Suzuki Jimny
33mpg I'm currently averaging.

some people just exaggerate and want something to moan about on here

all this 'poor mpg' rubbish.
Nice to see other owners saying that theirs are pretty good too

Mine was crap from new, but after 3k it's around 32mpg now. Happy with that!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Never had a flat spot in my 172 Cup + decat. Agree with the 200 mpg being worse though, my Cup over the same roads as below would easily see 40+. Having said that the 200 does seem to be improving with age and mileage.

I much prefer my 200 over my Cup though, it's the better car more of the time.

Slide2-7.jpg

E90 320d M Sport
My 172 feels like a completely different car with the decat fitted. Really revvy, no flat spots.

MPG has gone up too. 46mpg at 60mph today.