ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS CLIO 200T ready for Speccing

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
From RSUK available to order from next Tuesday 23rd April for July delivery - demo cars in the dealers from June. Blummin' pricey though

The RS Clio 200T is now available for speccing on the Renault configurator (Lux version only - knock off another £1000-ish for the EDC version) just specced mine up and it came in at a megane 250 price of £23135.:dead:
Think I'll have to ditch the cup chassis with red brake calipers £650, leather seats £1000 that come with the heated front seats £250 (you cannot select one without the other which is a bit of a con) and not bother with V2 of the RS monitor.:(

Having sat in one of the standard models rear parking sensors are a must have as that rear window is small from the inside, ok rear camera is a luxury but £35 ontop of the sensors its a meal and a couple of drinks!;)

Clio RS200
You've driven both versions back to back?

If not, LOL.

Nope but you know if you turned up on this forum with a non cup chassis 200 you get raped for it. Favourite quote on here is "pauper spec". It's not just red caliper paint, it's brembos, suspension drop, stiffer ARB bushes.

Clio RS200
The cup chassis option lowers and stiffens the suspension 3mm and 15 per cent, a quicker steering rack and 18in gloss black alloy wheels wrapped in stickier Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres although it does look like they just paint the calipers......Renault are getting tight?

I30N, LS430, 197
The cup chassis option lowers and stiffens the suspension 3mm and 15 per cent, a quicker steering rack and 18in gloss black alloy wheels wrapped in stickier Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres although it does look like they just paint the calipers......Renault are getting tight?

They only paint the calipers on the 197 and 200, cup and non-cup brakes are the same.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Nope but you know if you turned up on this forum with a non cup chassis 200 you get raped for it. Favourite quote on here is "pauper spec". It's not just red caliper paint, it's brembos, suspension drop, stiffer ARB bushes.

& Mark will still show 'you' the way round a track day ;)

Non Sport Megane
seen the new clio RS in the top gear magazine, and i personally dont like it, its not as in your face as 197/200 is! i was really disspointed :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

no quicker rack on the new one just 18" wheels and stiffer and lower suspension, ohh and a tin of red hammerite on the callieers

Clio RS200
& Mark will still show 'you' the way round a track day ;)

What an odd thing to say :/ Not sure what you mean.......erm ok?

You clearly know your stuff! :lolup:
Thanks :) I'm a wealth of knowledge. Unfortuately I wasn't born with a Renault stamped on my arse and forehead. We all have to learn somewhere.....this forum doesn't seem the place as one person says on thing and another person says something else.
Still working out this forum. So far I've learnt it doesn't matter what is said......it matters who said it.

no quicker rack on the new one just 18" wheels and stiffer and lower suspension, ohh and a tin of red hammerite on the callieers
So do I listen to you or do I listen to magazine reviews?

I need to see one in the flesh before I make judgement.

Unless they do a £1000 down, £200 a month on new ones then I think I'd wait a couple of years and pick one up for £10,000 with recaros (if it becomes an option!)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Where have you seen that is has brembos? I've yet to read an article that says the cup chassis adds brembo brakes.

The new 200T cup racer comes with Brembos...so it's being speculated that the road 'Gordini' version when it comes out will have them (or they'll be an option at least).

As for the quicker rack, Jeremy at RUK confirmed that both cup and non-cup have the same rack. It was announced incorrectly in March (along with the wrong prices) that they were different.

1.2 TCE Dynamique S
Looking forward to seeing this in the showrooms! Undecided on the Cup, really not sure if i want a firmer ride with all the potholes/speed humps (roads) around my way... Only a test drive would confirm that!

Leather seats £1000... Or not as you have to have them heated. Oh Renault.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
The new 200T cup racer comes with Brembos...so it's being speculated that the road 'Gordini' version when it comes out will have them (or they'll be an option at least).

As for the quicker rack, Jeremy at RUK confirmed that both cup and non-cup have the same rack. It was announced incorrectly in March (along with the wrong prices) that they were different.

Suppose it makes sense, Seat make theirs an option on the Ibiza Cupras now.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Leather seats should read £1250 rather than a misleading £1000 seeing as you cant have them without the heated option.
Gordini version in the pipe line is supposed to be more track focused and up 23 ponies, they're trying to get back to what Gordini is about rather than sparkly paint and a couple of stripes

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Renault sport site has updated :D

oh false alarm it's only added a couple of links to the configurator and contact page by the dealer, no specifications

Last edited:
  Clio RS200
Renault sport site has updated :D

oh false alarm it's only added a couple of links to the configurator and contact page by the dealer, no specifications

I tried the configurator and it's complete it didn't work too well. Same result as you. No details apart from a huge price tag.

Clio RS200
As far as the steering rack is concerned I'm going to quietly slip away back into my box whilst I eat my words and think about what I've done

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
As far as the steering rack is concerned I'm going to quietly slip away back into my box whilst I eat my words and think about what I've done

You were only saying what these so called motoring journalists are telling us with regards to the steering rack, they must have been told by someone.

Just wish you could have xenons on this version, or on the Lux as standard surely that's the idea of a Lux version top notch toys - the only thing that should be missing from that version is the cup chassis and RS monitor. Seems the only difference between the EDC and Lux versions so far, from the various sources of information about. Is that the lux has tinted rear and tail windows along with electric rear windows and even that at a £1000 more-ish over the EDC is pricey.
Anyone know of any other differences between the two?

I know Renault are trying to broaden their appeal with the not so aggressive styling, but going above £20000 for a Clio may put a lot of people off, your creeping in to Megane RS pricing for show room models.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
They might be getting good reviews but its the ugliest hot hatch out there IMO.

Everyone thought the 200 was ugly when it first came out (mainly the 197 brigade) but I loved the "aggresive" front end look rather than the "bloated Disney's Cars" face of the 197 and they actually looked as if they had bothered to finish the rear on them. I love the shape of the 197/200 just did not like the interior looked cheap and unwelcoming granted better build quality than the 182 but just not a nice place to be IMO. So personally I'm happy to have missed that version completely and will be getting a 200T. Not interested in a track weapon or harsh rides anymore just somewhere nice to sit in a traffic jam on a motorway - with the option of taking it in manual if the need arises ;)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Just wish you could have xenons on this version, or on the Lux as standard surely that's the idea of a Lux version top notch toys - the only thing that should be missing from that version is the cup chassis and RS monitor. Seems the only difference between the EDC and Lux versions so far, from the various sources of information about. Is that the lux has tinted rear and tail windows along with electric rear windows and even that at a £1000 more-ish over the EDC is pricey.
Anyone know of any other differences between the two?

Climate
Auto lights
Auto wipers
Folding door mirrors
Better sound/media system (voice control, Live TomTom mapping, 4x35w vs 4x20w + you can't have RS Monitor on the lower spec version)
Tinted windows
Rear electric windows
Soft touch dashboard

For £1,000 I can't see why you wouldn't go for that.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I intended to go for the lux version (in Black muts nuts colour IMO) as I'm sure there had to be more to it, just didn't have the full details and I think it will be with rear camera & sensors and the leather seat option along with the cast off megane RS designed wheels in anthracite - the black 18's look nice but not interested in the cup version quite happy with a comfortable ride and mainly to stop the mrs complaining about the noise and ride quality - oh for the quiet life

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
i just can't see why renault have removed brembos from a car which they will advertise as "there most track focused yet!"
Why downgrade from the last model?
i don't like the car as a whole, as said above i hope the looks improve over time

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Red, no leather, lux, monitor and camera for me.

Can't wait for order books to be open tbh.

LOL at the wheels...I think the 17s look alright. Plus, cost of rubber is much cheaper from what I can tell.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
i just can't see why renault have removed brembos from a car which they will advertise as "there most track focused yet!"
Why downgrade from the last model?
i don't like the car as a whole, as said above i hope the looks improve over time

They haven't from what I can see they just won't be painted red - the red paint just shows anyone in the know you've got a cup chassis

Order books open Tuesday according to RSUK :D race you to the dealers lol

E92 325D
Brembos arent the be all and end all of brakes. They may not be Brembo branded but the disks are larger and im sure they wont be any worse.

E92 325D
Like its road-going counterpart, the Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo, the new Cup uses a 1.6-litre turbocharged engine, in place of the earlier 2.0-litre naturally aspirated unit. The gearbox remains a six-speed sequential but with shift paddles now available as an option.
Other additions include a new design of rear spoiler – producing 40kg of downforce at 125mph – and a roof scoop, alongside 17in Speedline Corse alloys and 320mm AP racing brakes. One-way adjustable dampers, a full roll cage and race seat also feature.
Over 700 third-generation Clio Cup cars were sold, forming a sizeable percentage of Renaultsport’s output, and it is expected most teams will choose to upgrade to the new model. The new Clio Cup is set to cost 37,800 euros plus VAT, with deliveries to the UK commencing in September 2013.

AP Racing

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Just specced a GT and if you don't mind a smaller engine and no option for rear sensors or camera (why have they done that?) it actually looks a good option if you're after the sport look as you can spec it with RS spoiler and you can have the flappy paddle gear box too along with a panoramic sunroof and that comes in around £19695 with the heated leather seat option. Worth considering if insurance costs are an issue.........