ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Monaco Clio surprise (Renault Clio R.S.16)

Without looking back through every post to find it.

Can someone give me a summary pretty please....

Is this being made, has it already been given the go ahead? What are the estimated prices?

I really like the look of it.

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
I'm hearing that around 40 people have put money down for it already! They aren't going to make a lot of them though......

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Don't shoot the messenger - someone in the business has told me he's on the list. Sounds like it will be getting built.

Clio Trophy
Take a look at @olliepcouk's Tweet: https://twitter.com/olli.../779394809425457152?s=09

and

Take a look at @olliepcouk's Tweet: https://twitter.com/olli.../779394807349317632?s=09

#comingsoon

arrow_up_button.png

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I kind of like it. They're not taking themselves too seriously, having a bit of fun with it.

The perfect corporate nonsense that other manufacturers spew out is much worse really.

That being said, does it tell us anything more about whether they're actually going to make it?

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
35k at least with limited number will make this a very hard car to get hold of.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
35k at least with limited number will make this a very hard car to get hold of.

I find that particularly hard to stomach for what is in essence a £22k Clio with an end of line Megane engine shoehorned in and some deft Dremel work on the arches.

They'll sell them all in no time though...they're almost as good as Apple at marketing!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
It's a 22k car with a Megane Trophy R engine and running gear plus some other bits and bobs. If you was going to do the same it would cost about that and also it will come with a warranty from Renault and Prestige of owning a very, very limited edition if they decide to make it. So I think if it goes for 35k or less then it would be worth it for some people. I also predict it will try and snatch the ring record off VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's a 22k car with a Megane Trophy R engine and running gear plus some other bits and bobs. If you was going to do the same it would cost about that and also it will come with a warranty from Renault and Prestige of owning a very, very limited edition if they decide to make it. So I think if it goes for 35k or less then it would be worth it for some people. I also predict it will try and snatch the ring record off VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's be realistic though, it's not a 22k car that they strip the engine out of and throw away.

Of course taking a car off the production line and altering it (I'm presuming this is what they'd do) will not be cheap at all. However it's still a hot hatch so as soon as they start going into the 30s with a Clio then it becomes that much more exclusive. It'll sell and it'll probably be a sound investment for those that get one.

But it's definitely a collectable and I can't imagine many will buy it to drive to the shops (assuming it hits the showrooms with harnesses!!)

I'd 100% have one based on what we've seen so far. But for the money would I have one over a FRS? Don't think so.