ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner battery voltage on ECU write?

Rs tuner is saying battery voltage is below 12.3 when I go to write and to proceed at my own risk. Car is hooked up to a cheap battery charger and battery levels flick between red Nd green in rst

is it ok to proceed?

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hmm, I'd exercise caution but I've not used an RS Tuner before. You got access to another battery from another car whilst you do the write? No doubt your battery is actually fine but if I was about to flash my ECU I'd want to make sure the battery was flawless

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
It will be fine.

I've mapped about 30 cars with my RS Tuner and I've never seen one of them drop a significant amount in voltage! Only takes about 30 minutes to write the .rst and 2 minutes for the .cal

Make both back ups, then start the car, leave running for 10 minutes.

After that, write the files. Simples

I've already started the write ECU now without starting the car. I took it for a good boot down the motorway and connected it up to the charger when I got home, then connected up the rst.