ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuning rolling road day - RESULTS here

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
n509 eka - 0bhp & 0ftlb bottom end went just before going on the rollers

Last edited:
The nova made 141 I think

Yeah it did, not bad for a 17year old engine that started life at 156bhp, and had a 3" bore exhaust. I said to Realnumber1 it would probably have had a bit more power with a slightly smaller bore exhaust. But the lad was pleased with what it made anyway and that's all that matters. 141bhp in a car weighing 700ish KG is bound to be fun!

320d
Wish I'd have got my car on now. However maybe its better I didn't. I've only got a ktec stealth so god knows what power i'd get judging by those figures. Probably in the 150's.

Trophy #473
nathanH - standard 182 Trophy - 173.9, 155 ftlb

Im happy with that but yesterday did confirm that it really is hit and miss when spending £££ on modifying... so i'll save my money for a faster car ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Here are the two print outs i got.
176.3 bhp
157 ft/lb

IMG_3433.jpg

And this is the Air fuel ratio and bhp at wheels

IMG_3430.jpg

Not the best tbh, but it means that when the ITB's are on and i fix the missfire it will feel a lot better :)

Hutchy - Ph1 172 - k&n filter, straight through exhaust - 149.5 bhp & 150 ftlb

So your producing peak power below 5252 rpm :eek::eek: Is it a diesel ;)

Interesting reading the comments about "Artificially High Torque Figures"

There's no such thing, if the torque is high then so is the bhp, the 2 figures are relative and the simple equation is rpm/5252*T=Bhp
Rolling Roads measure torque at the wheel, complete the equation and give you a bhp figure. You can't have one without the other.

Chris

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I was happy with my reading, comparing to others on the day it would appear Most ph1's made between 160-170 bhp, on the road there isnt anything between mine and Karls, even though figures suggest 6 bhp etc, which is nothing

Grays seems to be an awesome figure as well

I know this is a really daft thing to think but looking at grays figure's, is it possible a car could produce more power not being under as much load from day to day, i.e a lighter cars engine may not be under as much strain so may be a bit more healthier?

Could be utter b****cks but just a thought

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Grays is just a well looked after car with the correct thigs done to it.

Our PH1 before it was ITB'd, Ran 185BHP at RStuning, with Matched inlets, exhaust Decat, 420s(Grp N cams, so same profile) our car was stripped aswell :p

Who matched your inlets Gray???

Last edited:
Think I'm glad I couldn't make this, going off the results and going off Jamie Rigby's ITB'd ZS, (ran my car on the same rollers as him a few weeks ago) mine would haven't got a good result lol.

How many turned up to this anyway? according to the list there was meant to be alot going.

340i
Grays is just a well looked after car with the correct things done to it.

Who matched your inlets Gray???

Looked after by Gray-motorsport ;) It wasn't even fresh oil in the engine, done 4K on this oil...

They are AWT matched inlets

JDM Dc2
wet graphs ftw! -

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x738 and weights 623KB.
SCAN0027.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x732 and weights 603KB.
SCAN0026.jpg

jon @ shawspeed has just said that theres a problem with the bodies, either they arent getting on full throttle or trhey need balancing again :(... otherwise the power atf wouldve kep[t rising to near the 150 mark and then dropped back down again slightly after 7.25k like it did on the past 2 rollers

TrackCar & F30 330d
Gray, didnt the guy tell you you had a missfire?

Our graphs are pretty much excactly the same. The guy told me i had a misfire :S

hmmmm

340i
nah.. Paul said the engine pulled really well, very strong :D

He said some people only get that figure after cams and a remap LOL!

Focus RS mk1
nah.. Paul said the engine pulled really well, very strong :D

He said some people only get that figure after cams and a remap LOL!

i think someone slipped some cams in when you wasnt looking lol, you sure its definatly not cammed? previous owner maybe? very strong results for standard engine, you must be over the moon

340i
LOL... I wish!

I've owned the car for over 2yrs now, defiantly know the previous owner would not of fitted cams ;)

Uploading at the moment, its in two parts. Part one is nearly up and contains.... Jacko172cup, Kev182cup, crispy.clio, Yourself, Whiteley and Daz :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
OH MR F0XY, you got my name wrong and my BHP figure.

I produced 176 bhp not 173 bhp :(

Never mind, thanks for getting the vid mate