ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Twingo Acceleration Vids. Updated P3.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: RS Twingo 0-100 Run...

Sigh. Fine.

The 500 and 133 are both great. One is cheap and cheerful, one is expensive and cheerful. Both are great to drive. One is easier to tune.

Both would be close around a track in standard trim. Both make you look a bit gay.

Fin.

Vids to follow.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Nope, it's awesome. I was pretty surprised.

Loads of feel.

The only thing that bugs me is there's a fair bit of kickback through the steering. Like when you're going over expansion joints on a sliproad, under load.

Other than that, it's superb.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4

If you aren't sure, a good way to tell for next time is to look in your rear-view mirror.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.

Sigh. Fine.

The 500 and 133 are both great. One is cheap and cheerful, one is expensive and cheerful. Both are great to drive. One is easier to tune.

Both would be close around a track in standard trim. Both make you look a bit gay.

Fin.

Vids to follow.

couldnt agree more

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

lol, you could clearly see the car was moving at nowhere near that speed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Proper 0-60 run. Completely standard car. Airbox bung removed.

And a quick iPhone 4 pic.

6a884b98.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, it doesn't hang about. After 60 it's pretty slow. Worst motorway cars ever.

70mph is 4800rpm. LOL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's got an open IK. It'll be losing power, trust me.

The OEM airbox is brilliant. Much better than the setup on the 182's or 197/200's.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
Yeah, it doesn't hang about. After 60 it's pretty slow. Worst motorway cars ever.

70mph is 4800rpm. LOL.

sounds similar to mine, i would put a 0-60 up of mine but it will just get full of idiot comments and then get closed :dapprove:

197/200 shares its airbox with all of the nonesport petrol clios, with the exception of the 1.2 iirc. So it isnt ever going to be good!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
sounds similar to mine, i would put a 0-60 up of mine but it will just get full of idiot comments and then get closed :dapprove:

Post it up, in a separate thread and as long as it's not by a school, I'll keep an eye out in there.

Would be nice to see a comparison.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I wedged my iPhone under the headrest. lol.

And a quick iPhone 4 pic.

6a884b98.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  Volvo S60 T5
Someone has found out how easy it is to change the Twingo speedo for MPH to KPH, LOL
Honestly they are not to much slower than the 172/182.
Destroyed a chelsea tracter the other day in mine, and put a 520 BMW to shame as well.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Up to sixty they're nippy. But the 2.0's are faster all round. In any gear, my 182 will pull immediately on the Twingo.

Provided you've not added random orange crap and a huge open filter.

They're awesome in the corners though!

Skoda fabia Vrs
Yes they are quick up to top end in 3rd and then all goes peep tom lol. 4th and 5th it lacks but makes up for it in cornering speed in my opinion

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No way near. It'll be throttle response, more than anything.

They're not the best anyway. Bloody FBW systems.