ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS200 Cup Electric Window Motor Bench Testing?

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
I recently bought a written off RS200 Cup for parts and have been stripping it down for the bits I need. All that is remaining are the craver's and passenger's door internals.

The electric windows are fully down and I can't access the glass retaining clips on the Window Regulator. To this end, I would like to apply 12v to the motor to raise the window to halfway. I got access to wire diagrams, but the motor does appear to work? After reading the workshop manual, I see that the motor needs 'authorisation' from the UCH (0v - auth given, 12v - no auth) and it also has what looks like an independent earth (maybe related to the UCH?). So the question is: What needs to be connected to the motor to bench test it? Pins on the passenger motor are as follows:

1 - Up earth (or down)
2 - Down earth (or opposite to pin 1)
3 - Independent earth
4 - 12v supply
5 - empty
6 - UCH authority signal

Thanks in advance.

Woz

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
Well I’ve tried a few cool mvinations, but nothing is working. I’ve only tried the passenger side, so I’ll try the drivers side too asit could just be a Duff motor?

Clio 172
Hello , you need to supply the motor with + !2V on pin 4 , ground on pin 3 , to move up put ground on pin 2 , to move down put ground to pin 1.

Attachments

• pins window motor 2.pdf
    199.3 KB · Views: 187
  • pins window motor.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 165
  • schematic window motors.PDF
    30.1 KB · Views: 89

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
Hello , you need to supply the motor with + !2V on pin 4 , ground on pin 3 , to move up put ground on pin 2 , to move down put ground to pin 1.

Do I need to supply PIN-6 with 12v to simulate the body computer? Nothing seems to be working at the moment.

Clio 172
Do I need to supply PIN-6 with 12v to simulate the body computer? Nothing seems to be working at the moment.
pin 6 is only for autoclosing when you close the windows from your remote keycard ( 2 press on lock button) . maybe your motor windows module it;s dead....

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
In the end I had to remove the module, remove the motor cover and manually push the glass up high enough to release the glass from the regulator and the fully remove the Regulator Motor. Once off I tested the motor and all was good. The module is not the easiest thing to test with those small pins!