ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2'd 172 Cup

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Turbo
If it's as clean as it was, then it's worth the drive/train. Dean kept it really well. Think it sold for £3,200 in the end.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
thanks its nearly 5 hours drive,itsd just if the current owner has looked after it is the issue and if belts have been done,does look very nice

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Turbo
Good Cups are worth it, I did 9 hours, roundtrip, to see this one and another in the north, then the next day 5 hours to Bristol and back!

Be a shame if the owner has ruined it. I do remember that it needed the mounts adjusting as the whole car was vibrating from them.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Yes very true no mention of belts is the only bit missing in the ad,if not done from 2014 thats risky,does look paintwork wise in top cond but photos can hiding stuff.I will keep an eye on it,I think 2700-3k personally with the jms on it if belts are done

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Been in contact with the seller,cambelt done by a friend this year and dephaser is rattling on start up so that will be another 400-500 to spend so iam out on this one.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
i reckon big money after the shite turkish one on here,its in high demand 1k at least

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm after one and if this is the only way of getting one the bank account might have to take another hammering

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
think 2500 for the car to get the inlet then you gotta do belts etc,its costly way to the jms

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
remove RS2, engine mounts, stealth exhaust,
add belt and dephaser at £190
sell a 67k mile car £1900 ish
possible?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
yes but belts done by a mate,so i wouldnt trust that and would want it trailered home so factor in 500-600 as i would change the water pump new coolant etc its then adding up,also rear discs and pads need doing thats another 50 quid

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Turbo
yes but belts done by a mate,so i wouldnt trust that and would want it trailered home so factor in 500-600 as i would change the water pump new coolant etc its then adding up,also rear discs and pads need doing thats another 50 quid
Yeah, not worth it. Move along, nothing to see here...

plees

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Wasn't this on eBay for the same start price a month or so ago? i was interested before i bought my cup but it was taken off/sold within a couple of days

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
only has around 2 months mot,did ask him for proof of belt change and service record had no reply

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Turbo
only has around 2 months mot,did ask him for proof of belt change and service record had no reply
Service history was patchy last time I saw it. He's told me the belts were done. It's so close to ClioTurbo, rather than messing around, I'd get it to them, get the belts & MOT done and collect it the following week.