ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RsTuner Performance Graph for New AW Inlets on a PH1

PH1 172 Sport
Well as per the group buy that’s just taken place on AngelWorks Matched inlets I decided I would try and be scientific and get a Performance graph comparison from my RSTuner.

Current Mods:
K-Tec Stealth
RSTuner 98Ron Remap
Espace V6 Airbox

What I’ve added to the car is:

AW Matched inlets
PTFE Gaskets
Cold air feed to grill under headlight

I wanted the performance analyser results to be as accurate as possible so I calculated the total weight with me and a full tank of fuel in the car to be roughly 1200Kg.

(Though the weight will affect the total power and torque figures calculated by RSTuner, providing I do before and after runs with the car at the same weight then the comparison should be reasonably accurate)

I did the before run this morning with the outside temperature at 12C and the after run this evening when air temperature was the same. I used a flat smooth piece of road and there was almost no wind today which improves the accuracy of the results.

Before I had got the graph from the RSTuner I could tell the inlets had made a big difference. Power and torque delivery was much smoother and torque was much more plentiful throughout the range.

Here’s the before and after graph.

awinlets.jpg

Pink/Blue - Before
Green/Red - After

Though the figures produced may not be accurate (I think there are a tad optimistic) the results serve there purpose as a comparrison.

As you can see there are massive improvements throughout the rev range and the torque curve has smoothed out quite nicely. (Ignore the random peak that RStuner has produced at the begining of the 'before' performance run).

My inlets were quite bad but the improvements have amazed me and I would definately recommend this modification to anybody, even more so if you have a PH1. Very happy!! :D

Chocolate Bar™
interesting to see the graphs. matched inlets made a huge difference to my car so definetely worth doing.

340i
Good gains there...

There was a definite improvement after fitting the AWT inlet/plenum on my PH-1 smoooooothed out the power delivery no end :D

PH1 172 Sport
Peak BHP:

Before - 146 BHP
After - 158 BHP

Thats at the wheels so I think the actual figures may be a bit optimistic!

RenaultSport clio 182
Good Job mate ;),
but i have a question, what do you mean by matching inlet ? do you mean matching the ports on the intake manifold to the ports on the engine head ?
and if yes, did you tune your car for that mod or not ? because I'm thinking of doing that but I'm afraid that it wont do me any good if i did not tune my car to that mod .

cheers.

RS RIP
Hi you should go to the Fastchip.nl site and order a Tuner pro-kit. With this you can get a map from Henk over the email that will suit your matched inlets spot on.

I say this because i do'nt think you'll be able to get a good tuner for your Clio in Bahrain ?

The inlet matching is the intake manifold reworked to get better flow. No headwork..

RS RIP
sorry for the hog there Caister; you got some very good improvements there !!:eek:

I have finally ordered my inlets aswell from BenR/Angelworks.. also cams and a v6 airbox. will all be mounted this month/next month , and then off to Fastchip aound the corner for a custom Henk job :approve: :approve:

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Caister, can You check Your Live data logs (previous and current) , and tell us the Air inlet temp. ?? Mine is about 35-40 degrees celsius on stock air feeds. I wonder how big the difference is with PTFE Gaskets.

PH1 172 Sport
Caister, can You check Your Live data logs (previous and current) , and tell us the Air inlet temp. ?? Mine is about 35-40 degrees celsius on stock air feeds. I wonder how big the difference is with PTFE Gaskets.

Before was: 44C
After was: 28C

This was after a half hour drive and temps were not going up.

- decat
- open k&n filter / heat shield / cold air feed
- Fastchip custom cal

A standard 197 makes around 170 - 172 wheel power on this RR . Only 10-12 BHP more.

PH1 172 Sport
- decat
- open k&n filter / heat shield / cold air feed
- Fastchip custom cal

A standard 197 makes around 170 - 172 wheel power on this RR . Only 10-12 BHP more.

What do you think I would gain from one of your custom maps henk?

Ph1
No its not, its a lot higher. My was measured at 167 @ wheels and thats 195 - 197 @ fly according to Fred and a couple of others who did the convertor

Are you meaning bhp or kw??

Ph1
160 @ wheels is what? 190 at the fly roughly. Thats a very optimistic figure from those listed mods.

160 at the wheels is around 175 BHP at the fly. Really no more.

Just replying to your edit ;)

Thats no where near right surely.
Stock 172 runs roughly 168bhp at the fly. At the wheels that figure is roughly 133 - 135 area so to say a Clio with 160 @ the wheels = 175 @ the fly simply dosent add up :S

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
On our dyno a clio made 170 ATW which was 204 at the fly. Those losses are fairly small compared to many dyno's.

RS RIP

Before was: 44C
After was: 28C

This was after a half hour drive and temps were not going up.

These airtemp differences make it very worthwhile , i know for example my car runs far better on colder days then warmer days.

How is the durability on these gaskets ? I mean does anybody know if they for example will start to perish/leak after a while in comparison to OEM gaskets ?

Golf V6 4Motion
There should be no reason why our gaskets dont last longer than the OEM items. PTFE isn't liable to damage from things such as increased vibration, excess heat, damage from fuels/oil, etc.

The material is high quality UK sourced stuff, not like some of the crap you find on ebay, etc. I say some of the rubbish because some of it is ok but some of it (as hondata have shown) is nothing short of ptfe mixed with acrylic, meaning a messy melted inlet to say the least!