ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTurbo 90 Spec Project

Done 250 miles in it since last night. Feels completely different to my last one but it is just as much fun. Worked out it has konis all round and they are epic!

Had so much fun in it. Was gradually building up speed along my test track and thought everything is getting a bit light, looked down and it was doing 100 :)

The mid range torque is awesome when your driving, pedals are perfect for heel-toeing and it is one of the easiest cars to match revs.

And I think because I know how bad the lift off oversteer is from the last one I almost plan to have my foot pinned to the deck when I'm going round corners.

I think I'm in love... but it is going tomorrow for £900! And when I valued it at £500 in the deal I think that is a result.

Haven't updated this thread for a bit!

You guys will be disappointed ;)

I sold the 205 and bought my mates mk4 golf gti. Booooo! 205 was too small and not safe enough for my liking, reason I sold my last one tbh.

I've had my fair share of nippy small cars, clio, saxo, 205, mk2 golf, 106. I'm ready for something that cruises tbh. Has recaros which are comfy as fook, is a 150 which has been remapped to 180 with forge re-circ dump valve and a catback exhaust so picks up well.

You will definitely think its boring but it's the second quickest car I've had (205 mi16) and can comfortably transport 5 people round quickly without complaint and reasonably safely. I'm sick of getting s**t off mates and women that don't appreciate old cars!

Has 17 inch Oz wheels on it, similar to super Ts but with soft spokes.
Vr6 rear splitter and a crappy powerflow exhaust.
Pics will follow.

Oh and it has averaged 21.6mpg over 750 miles:S

53 Clio's & counting
Who mapped it?! My mate has a mapped bora, hard boost pipes, 3 inch downpipe etc etc, 220 bhp and 230 lb ft torque and averages 34mpg

Id say its been a town car, it needs a new thermostat and temp switch or its got a bad map on it

I really dont understand how your brain works
lol +1

Classic Fords and Pugs clearly win over a ten-a-penny mid-range german hatch! ;)

Fair play bud, i had a Radiant Red 90' spec one a few years back, mixed feelings about it though tbh! Lovely looking car, when it worked it was good fun, but so temperamental :(
+1 to this too - I had a S2 in Radiant Red with loads of mods, including full polybush and Spax suspension, cams, turbo, head... had loads of negative camber and never bloody ran right lol

F'ing loved it, though, and still pine for one, but they are all ridiculous money pits and at least with renaults all the non-essential bits drop off or break whereas the Fords always have engine problems that render you immobile! :clown:

They are a million years old. It's like driving a fiesta from the 80's. When winter comes you will be regretting every minute.
Pah, winter is when the fun comes ;)

Lower grip levels = more playful handling!

I ran a 309 GTi through a winter with decent snow and it had no heating because the heater matrix was blocked and someone had just bypassed it LOL

I've had 15 small fun cars, I'm ready for one that's a bit more grown up and less hassle to drive. The only thing with it is the fuel but it hasn't really changed my spending habits.

I will get bored of this, it's just how long it takes I don't know. Got offered a mk3 Astra Gsi as a swap tonight. Literally if I take a fancy to something I won't hesitate to get hold of it. I can't help myself.

You would swap a half-decent Golf for Astra GSi?

You are actually mental.

Astras have literally zero steering-feel, like most Pauxhalls, and they don't handle either!

I guess you only live once so you should experience all you can, but...

lol