ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rubber seal under bonnet - how does it attach?

Black/Gold 182
Clio 182, opened the bonnet to top us washer bottle, black rubber seal fell off! I think it goes on the metal lip just above the bonnet catch. It's about 2-3 feet long and the same kind of rubber that goes round the doors.

How does it attach? I just clipped it back on but wonder if it's supposed to be attached with a fixing somehow (Im not sure why it fell off).

Fantastic Renault build quality.

This thread has a picture of the same seal in someone else's car
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3368&d=1138646389

Last edited:
  Black/Gold 182
I'll have to get some blue tak or something to hold it in place. Jobby ain't it? On the list for next service

Black/Gold 182
I've just been looking at some engine bay pictures from other threads. On mine the little plastic screw just to the right of the bonnet switch is missing. It sort of holds the plastic grill to the bodywork. There's one the other side but not on the right. Maybe that would "pinch" the seal a little and help hold it in place.

Ford Fiesta
JBarber said:
I've just been looking at some engine bay pictures from other threads. On mine the little plastic screw just to the right of the bonnet switch is missing. It sort of holds the plastic grill to the bodywork. There's one the other side but not on the right. Maybe that would "pinch" the seal a little and help hold it in place.

if its the little plastic screws u on about they only seem to last once, and snap when remoed. only about 10p from renault tho ive bought a few spare. mine snapped when renault replaced a leaking headlight washer. so i had to buy some more.

Black/Gold 182
I might get a stash, but I had a closer look at the car and the plastic grill must be on slightly p*ssed because the hole in the grill for the plastic screw doesn't line up with the hole in the metal. I think I'll just give them a list when it gets it's first service (June 06)

182... again!
Dealer just crimped mine all along as there is a metal stiffener in it and sprayed silicon on it so it doesn't stick to the bonnet! Keeps a lot of muck out of the engine bay but why they can't fit em well i don't know :(