ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RUK recall letter received today?

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Rang ruk today as I'm a new Clio owner and my cars being booked in at the nearest renualt dealer of my choice as soon as I ring them back for a check on the latch as it has been done a free health check and a valet

extreme flamer
The mechanic I've been using this week reminded me about this today. I got this letter at the end of february and I'm sure I booked mines in at my local renault garage (can't remember when exactly), I've been very busy over the past month so my cars been forgotten about when it comes to maintenaining it, taking care of it, cleaning it, etc. Its just been drove everywhere only checking tyre pressures and cleaning the front windows now and again and because of this I've forgot about the check I had booked.

Should they be able to book it in again now or have I had my chance?

Quite worried now after seeing the thread with the BG 182 tonight because I noticed earlier on my catch is dodgy, it doesn't pop up (you need to pull the lever then wedge your fingers under the bonnet and it pops up, then you can reach the other wee lever, grease does nothing its still the same). Its also made of rust pretty much and looks original.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I've got mine booked in soon, f**k paying the 95 quid! It's their problem they can fix it :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The mechanic I've been using this week reminded me about this today. I got this letter at the end of february and I'm sure I booked mines in at my local renault garage (can't remember when exactly), I've been very busy over the past month so my cars been forgotten about when it comes to maintenaining it, taking care of it, cleaning it, etc. Its just been drove everywhere only checking tyre pressures and cleaning the front windows now and again and because of this I've forgot about the check I had booked.

Should they be able to book it in again now or have I had my chance?

Quite worried now after seeing the thread with the BG 182 tonight because I noticed earlier on my catch is dodgy, it doesn't pop up (you need to pull the lever then wedge your fingers under the bonnet and it pops up, then you can reach the other wee lever, grease does nothing its still the same). Its also made of rust pretty much and looks original.

You're sure you booked it in ? But can't remember when or where lol ? If you have the recall letter just ring your local dealer , get it booked in " again " and make note of the date then turn up . Better than risking your bonnet flying open and potentially writing off your car or worse :S

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Rang ruk today as I'm a new Clio owner and my cars being booked in at the nearest renualt dealer of my choice as soon as I ring them back for a check on the latch as it has been done a free health check and a valet

Nice one . Keep yopur fingers crossed you get a new catch FOC :D

extreme flamer
You're sure you booked it in ? But can't remember when or where lol ? If you have the recall letter just ring your local dealer , get it booked in " again " and make note of the date then turn up . Better than risking your bonnet flying open and potentially writing off your car or worse :S

I would have booked it in at the nearest one to me in Paisley, I just don't know when it was due because I have a habit of not making notes of things then forgetting about them about a week later.
Was just wondering if they'd be able to knock it back after me forgetting I had it booked in before?

I'm guessing because my catch is defective and probably the original part since new that I would get it done FOC?

renault clio 182
Just got mine done this morning wanted £95 but after dropping in that it was against my human rights for health and safety and so on and I'd phoned citizens advice for info the price soon went too foc funny that eh but happy with that lol

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
I got a letter few weeks ago, said they'd replace it FOC. I have always lubricated mine well. I'll go get a new one but will fit aero catches for piece of mind in future

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I would have booked it in at the nearest one to me in Paisley, I just don't know when it was due because I have a habit of not making notes of things then forgetting about them about a week later.
Was just wondering if they'd be able to knock it back after me forgetting I had it booked in before?

I'm guessing because my catch is defective and probably the original part since new that I would get it done FOC?

Of course they'll rebook you in and check it out . It's a Renault recall , they'll be footing the bill not the dealership . Just get it sorted , sooner rather than later . Why risk it ?

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
So it should be replaced free of charge then regardless? The dealers just trying to pull a fast one?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So it should be replaced free of charge then regardless? The dealers just trying to pull a fast one?

The dealerships won't be pulling a fast one , they won't be footing the bill . Renault are footing the bill .

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Are the catches that they are replacing them with the ones that were failing in the first place?

extreme flamer
Of course they'll rebook you in and check it out . It's a Renault recall , they'll be footing the bill not the dealership . Just get it sorted , sooner rather than later . Why risk it ?

Cheers, just wasn't sure if they'd be funny about it because of the last one I missed, I'll try and get it booked this week if I can, not paying £95 but, definately not.

Got two letters yesterday so i suppose i better book them in. If they want £95 per car i shall be fitting aero catches or similar as they will last alot longer.

Arctic 182
ffs had mine dond today cost 58pound which aint too bad howevera guy who looked like a cross between doofy from scary movie and steve buscemi washed my car.... spent 5 hours on weekend correcting my paint. fml.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Got my letter today. Quotes £95!! Anyone had the letter quoting £95 but had it done free? I'm not paying for them to fix something that could be dodgy from manufacture!!

PH2 Flamer
Just had mine replaced, free.

Did there 25 point check too. Told me my front indicators are white not orange.

Yeah mate, orange ones look gash!!!

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF
Are you guys sure its free? On my letter it says they will check it for free but if it's faulty they will charge up to a maximum of £90+ :/

Titanium 182 FF
It's been covered many times before, if it has been replaced once already in the 07/08 recalls then they can charge you the £90+ it states for a replacement, if it has never been changed by their records, then it will state a replacement is FOC.

O

Oakley12

I rang Renault yesterday and mine was done in April 2012 :). At least I don't need to worry about it now.

extreme flamer
I got this done this morning FOC because its not been done before, I didnt get the car health check that some people have had but, do you just get that if its a quiet day for them or something?
Kind of expected them to check the car and find some jobs that need done to try and make themselves some cash (not that Im bothered they didnt, just wondering how some people get it and some don't).

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I got this done this morning FOC because its not been done before, I didnt get the car health check that some people have had but, do you just get that if its a quiet day for them or something?
Kind of expected them to check the car and find some jobs that need done to try and make themselves some cash (not that Im bothered they didnt, just wondering how some people get it and some don't).

All Renault dealers should be doing health checks on every car that comes through the workshop, even if its down to just a bulb replacement it should have a 25 point check carried out before the car leaves. RUK guys who come down to us and other dealers are mega hot on the 25 point checks.

extreme flamer
Nothing was mentioned about a 25 point check and I wasn't given any paperwork or anything before I left just my key, guessing they must have forgot/couldn't be arsed/my car was perfect (doubtful!).
As said earlier I'm not bothered about it as it's just passed it's MOT with a couple of advisories, just thought there might have been a certain age/milage your car had to be to get checked.

2002 clio 1.2dynamic
Mine went it today latch checked but not fitted found out off the chassis number it had been done on the 4/12/2010 so they just lived it up for me also got the 25point health check and fluids and tyre pressers topped up and a valet n wash foc I was happy cracking lot will put some business in that garage again

Arnold Clark Blackpool Renualt

BG 182
Phoned and booked the 182 in at Seafield Edinburgh today.

The boy on the phone told me that my car had never been back into Renault since new, but went on to say if the catch needed changed it would cost me £95.

I did question him on this but he was adamant.

Surely cant be right?

I know this has probably been answered but I am on my phone but of a nightmare to go through the whole thread

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

The boy on the phone told me that my car had never been back into Renault since new, but went on to say if the catch needed changed it would cost me £95.

Surely cant be right?

I know this has probably been answered but I am on my phone but of a nightmare to go through the whole thread

Ring Renault customer services . They'll have a record if it was replaced during the first round of recalls back in 2007/08 .

tel : 08000 723 372

renault clio 182

Surely cant be right?

They tried that with me too in Perth Renault I quoted him a few health and safety lines and was against my human rights bla bla and said was going too phone trading standards and citizens advice too see where I stood as felt I should pay for renaults mistakes boom all of a sudden it was free of charge

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Went into Bristol Street Renault in Exeter today... Spoke to a really helpful girl in the service department. She said if you haven't received a letter, you can still take your car to a Renault dealership and they will check to see if you own a car which may have a faulty catch... She said the fault is down to corrosion causing the catch to fail.

I have explained that some of the members here have had their bonnet flip up, and she suggested that if this has happened, she urges people to get in touch with Renault UK Customer Services to discuss how they can "rectify/compensate" any damage caused (smashed windscreen, dented roof etc).

The number she gave me is 0800 634 0509.

Hope this helps.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I took my 05 182 into my local renault and they did it FOC and took around 15mins, they didnt even ask to see the letter.

They never asked to see my letter either . i just rang up , booked it in and went . They'll probably have it on their system that the cars due a recall and whether it's FOC i would imagine .